Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2019, 12:44 PM   #1

Hello from Maine

I am looking to purchase a SSR XF250. Does anyone know of a good dealer who will ship nationwide with financing options? By the way, the camaraderie on this forum is great and I look forward to becoming a part of this community.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:56 PM   #2

The best advice I would give is to call some dealers and see: 1) if they even answer the phone and 2) how knowledgeable they are on the product. My first purchase was with APSCUSA and I talked to Don. I found him very easy to get a hold of and I felt he knew the product.

With my second purchase (ordered a week ago from Texas Powersports), I ordered online and then called...and I was/am not too happy with how the people sounded when I spoke to them. You can tell they have NO idea about the bikes they are selling and don't have the bikes in front of them to actually put their hands on. They even asked me what website I ordered from because the operate under a few different names (why, I don't know). They couldn't confirm anything about the bike. Not a thing. They didn't even know that they front forks were inverted. I had to tell them that. They don't know and I get the sense they're not interested in finding out.

With the SSR, you're looking for a bike that will be harder to find than the Hawk and the dealers will be very different; I think it will be a very different experience. The Hawk's are everywhere. Heck, there's even a seller on Amazon and Walmart selling them. I would find a smaller, local dealer who probably has the bike right in front of him/her and can actually give you real info about the bike.

Did you check the SSR website? They list their dealers.

Old 02-27-2019, 02:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
They even asked me what website I ordered from because the operate under a few different names (why, I don't know).
Why: They have such a bad reputation that they have to open other sites to try and get more sales.

There are a couple of online retailers that sell the XF250, but your best bet is to use the Find a Dealer option on the SSR website. As far as I can tell, most SSR delaers actually tend to be brick and mortar sellers over online retailers.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-01-2019, 01:06 PM   #4

Thank you for the advice. I am actually going to go with a CSC TT250. A more reputable company and a better bike according to this site. There are no 2018 leftovers but the 2019's are soon to arrive. And still $2195 shipped!

Old 03-02-2019, 02:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksheep View Post
Thank you for the advice. I am actually going to go with a CSC TT250. A more reputable company and a better bike according to this site. There are no 2018 leftovers but the 2019's are soon to arrive. And still $2195 shipped!
Welcome to here!

Actually, the SSR is a better bike, but is difficult to find. However, the CSC is easy to find, and they have all kinds of parts stocked at their warehouse here in California. The CSC is arguably at the top of the Chinabike enduro (most every dual sport from China is kinda/sorta based on Honda and hence known as Honoids) food chain around here; it is a solid bike for the money.

The SSR is a stand alone bike as its engine is closely based on the Suzuki 250 engine found in the TU250SX (although that bike is fuel-injected and the SSR is carbed).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-02-2019, 05:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksheep View Post
Yes, but keep in mind they charge $400 in fees, for all of their bikes. I looked into getting a 2018 left over for $1995, but then when the $400 fee got added to the total, I changed my mind. Not to talk you out of the bike, it seems like a great bike, just remember about their $400 fee so you’re not surprised at the end

Tags
ssr, xf250