Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2020, 08:52 PM   #1

Orion 150XL

Hey guys, it's been a while since I came to this site but I need help. I have the bike in title and it has a rough idle no matter what I do. I've adjusted the valve clearance to spec and tried every idle screw setting and jet. I can think of and it's hard to start and idles rough with it jumping slightly up and down in the rpm range. It runs great on the needle and Wide open throttle but I can't get past this rough idle. It has a loud clunk when electric starting sometimes I might ad but I think that's just the battery too weak to turn the piston properly.. thanks for any ideas.

Old 08-19-2020, 11:20 AM   #2

Members Phildoscroggins and Goob both own one of these and regularly report on their experiences. I recall that in general, both members reported their bikes came kind of 'rough' but with some minor wrenching, have been making both very happy. If they don't report here, you will be served best by searching for both of their posts.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-19-2020, 01:21 PM   #3

I'm planning on getting one as soon as they are back in stock and want to know what carb people are putting on them. I've read the one it comes with is junk. Also want to know what size front sprocket because I want to go to a 17. Hopefully they will report.

Old 08-19-2020, 01:57 PM   #4

I've heard of some ditching the carb and buying a nibbi instead. Turn your headlight off to get that battery charged back up. I just switched mine out for an LED and it doesnt seem to drain the battery. It is also much brighter, I would outrun the standard bulb at like 40mph

Old 08-20-2020, 10:30 PM   #5

RXB150 carb

Goob here! I commented on another thread (in the Dual Sport/Enduro section I think) about my RXB150 carb experience. Here is a re-cap.

I was able to get the Mikuni VM26 flange mount dialed in pretty good after a few tries. It wouldn't idle at all right out of the crate and it had me worried.

What worked was very strange. I am in Denver at 5280 ft, so I expected to have to lean out both the Pilot and Main jets. What I ended up with was a 27.5 Pilot (stock 20) which is richer since this is a fuel jet, the stock Main (forget what size that is), and moving the needle clip one notch up...leaner.

For the Pilot Jet "tuning"....I just kept going larger until I was able to get the screw at about 1 1/2 turns out. To get it started at the beginning I was almost 3 turns out...which told me I needed a richer jet. As the jet got larger...I had to tweak the idle screw to allow some more air in to bring things under control.

It starts & runs great. I just have to choke to get started, then take the choke off, let it warm up a couple minutes, and then ride off. Idle is a bit higher than I am used to at about 1500-1700 and it does bounce just a bit. I ran it at 8500+ ft for some trail riding and didn't change anything. It would bog when on constant mid-throttle in the flats, but a quick blip would clear it up. If I lived up there I would re-tune.

One thing I didn't like about this carb was the access to adjust the Pilot screw with the carb installed. I got a replacement screw with a knob that works good for tweaks.

This brings me to the suggestion of a Nibbi for the 150. The Nibbi has the idle screw/knob and the Pilot Screw on the right hand side. This will not work at all for the 150...you will have a hell of a time reaching thru from the right side.

I am replacing the current flange mount VM26 with a spigot mount VM-26-606. This carb has both the idle screw/knob and Pilot Screw on the left side. This means they will be fully accessible on the 150.

ss27gogetta did this swap right of the bat because he got frustrated trying to dial in the VM26 Flange that came with the bike.

I am currently running this carb on my CSC TT250 and it is very nice, but the frame blocks my access to the Pilot Screw. So I am stealing the carb for the 150 and replacing it on the 250 with a Nibbi PE28. This will give me full screw access for the 250.

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 08-21-2020, 06:32 AM   #6

I did the VM 26-606 swap the stock carb is junk and it's harder to get parts for. with the 606 you can have just about any part in a few days. were as with the stock carb your waiting on the slow boat from China for most parts.
I highly recommend tboltusa they ship fast and it's easy to find what you need on there. Don't buy the 606 complete kit the flange mount in the kit is to tall and the carb wont fit. Just get the 606 carb and the 26mm carb intake adapter boot and some jets and you should be good to go.

2019 Lifan Xpect

2016 Harley Davidson Roadster

Old 08-29-2020, 03:22 PM   #7

Camping RXB150

Hey...thought I would share some photos of my "camping RXB". I hope to do a 2-3 day trail ride next summer and added some panniers that I had laying around.

Should be able to fit all my stuff for the back-country. The tail bag will hold three .875 liter fuel bottles. Everything else should fit in the panniers. I am just going to do a tarp instead of a tent, and layers under my rain gear in place of a sleeping bag. It gets pretty cool at 8500+ ft in Colorado, but I think that will work.

The panniers have a heat shield (the silver stuff) that probably will protect the one on the exhaust side, but I may add a bit of shaped trash can plastic or some aluminum sheet metal to create a better shield.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pannier-2.jpg (83.5 KB, 397 views)
File Type: jpg pannier-3.jpg (66.9 KB, 393 views)
File Type: jpg pannier-1.jpg (59.6 KB, 377 views)

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 08-31-2020, 11:12 AM   #8

Goob that setup is awesome! My exhaust snapped off the other day right at the flange :( I'm going to order a new one from Orion soon. What is the model of those bags? I'd love a setup like that. And for light camping I love packing a double wide camping hammock and a rain fly weighs like 2 lbs.

Old 09-01-2020, 08:46 AM   #9

Coleman Maddog panniers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
Goob that setup is awesome! My exhaust snapped off the other day right at the flange :( I'm going to order a new one from Orion soon. What is the model of those bags? I'd love a setup like that. And for light camping I love packing a double wide camping hammock and a rain fly weighs like 2 lbs.
That sucks about the exhaust. Was there any unusual stress placed on it? Did the pipe crack away at the flange? Maybe you could get it welded at a muffler shop.

Those are Coleman Maddog panniers. I think they are discontinued, but may still be able to find on Ebay; as I did last November. (upate: just did a quick search and couldn't find any on Ebay or Amazon).

If you can't find them, then Viking Bags has some good ones. These are the least expensive (about what I paid for the Coleman) and about the same size, but are expandable from 6 to 9 inches wide.

https://www.vikingbags.com/viking-mi...ike-saddlebags

I almost bought Viking for my CSC TT250 before I decided on the Nelson-Rigg. Here are their large roll-top bags. About $20 less than Nelson-Rigg. This size is good for the 250 bikes, but best with a pannier rack (which I built).

https://www.vikingbags.com/viking-la...ure-saddlebags

Here is the tail bag, in case you are interested. I have 3 of these. Two are on my TT250 on either side of the gas tank, as tank panniers. No mods...they just clip together with the male/female clips; since they are rotated 180 degrees from each other. The one on the RXB clips right on too, but I secured in place with a couple of zip ties. I also test fitted one on top of the RXB tank, and it fits well. You would have to unclip at the front to get to the gas filler, but that is easy. Could do gas in the tail bag and water in the tank bag.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283290729163?ul_noapp=true
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front-side right.jpg (73.8 KB, 344 views)

Orion RXB 150XL

Old 09-02-2020, 10:25 AM   #10

Thanks for the info! I like those viking minis!