Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2021, 10:12 AM   #1

Cheap soft saddlebags ?

I have a small trunk on my Brozz, but would like more room .I ordered some cheap soft saddlebags https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1, and don't know if I will be able to use them due to the exhaust ,but as cheap as they are I can use them for something. Do any of you use such bags, and is the factory exhaust shield enough to keep them from burning?, or have you made a better shield. Thanks

Old 05-29-2021, 10:38 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
I have a small trunk on my Brozz, but would like more room .I ordered some cheap soft saddlebags https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1, and don't know if I will be able to use them due to the exhaust ,but as cheap as they are I can use them for something. Do any of you use such bags, and is the factory exhaust shield enough to keep them from burning?, or have you made a better shield. Thanks
It should work with the exhaust. I got these ones.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B089Z...b_b_asin_title

Basically, you lose some space in the side with the exhaust because the exhaust crushes it down a bit. Just allow this to happen and the bags work fine and look symmetrical.

The heat shielding on my Lifan x-pect (very similar) keeps the bags cool enough and mine are like a heavy vinyl material. Very meltable.

Keep the back of the bag far enough forward it doesn’t overhang past the heat shielding. You’ll be good!

Old 05-29-2021, 12:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
It should work with the exhaust. I got these ones.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B089Z...b_b_asin_title

Basically, you lose some space in the side with the exhaust because the exhaust crushes it down a bit. Just allow this to happen and the bags work fine and look symmetrical.

The heat shielding on my Lifan x-pect (very similar) keeps the bags cool enough and mine are like a heavy vinyl material. Very meltable.

Keep the back of the bag far enough forward it doesn’t overhang past the heat shielding. You’ll be good!
Them are nice bags you have. I couldn't resist the cheap price of the ones I ordered. They are showing as being $15, but they had a coupon, and a promotion of some sort ,and I was only charged $14 after tax.

Old 05-29-2021, 01:14 PM   #4

Billyhilly, thanks for the link on those as you can't beat $15 for NICE, functional saddlebags! They originally listed for $46.79, so kudos to you! I placed my order, then sometime later I was looking at all my orders and they went back up to $46.79 dollars.

Old 05-29-2021, 06:44 PM   #5

Just ordered some! Thanks!

Old 05-30-2021, 11:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
Can you post a pic when you put them on? I'd like to see the Brozz with these, I just always worried about the exhaust melting the material

NO HILL TOO STEEP NO MUD TOO DEEP
The Brozz | The Hawk Upgrades, Accessories, Etc...
Assembly Checklist: Brozz 250 | Hawk 250
~idle_purr

Old 05-30-2021, 11:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by idle_purr View Post
Can you post a pic when you put them on? I'd like to see the Brozz with these, I just always worried about the exhaust melting the material
I will do just that . I even thought about slinging them over the tank if it seemed like they would melt. I guess that a person could just use a bag on one side if they did not mind the non-symetrical look.

Old 05-30-2021, 12:06 PM   #8

I have seen some local bikers in Greece, both cruiser and dual-sport/adv riders use a couple of US Army M71 butt packs -granted, those are on the small side. I remember it was quite the achievement to cram everything that you should -by the book- require for an emergency deployment inside that small thing!

Old 05-30-2021, 01:58 PM   #9

It would be nice if someone out there made a somewhat universal luggage rack that would fit all our China bikes...

I bought the Nelson Riggs dual sport saddle bags but now that I have the eBay exhaust installed I'm worried about damaging my new bags. I'm considering removing the cat and putting the stock exhaust back on just to be able to keep the heat shield. In the meantime I'm using the giant Saddlemen TS3200 tail bag and mounting it with padlocks to my CSC top rack. It's the only bag I can find that's long enough to fit my shotgun.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 05-30-2021, 04:52 PM   #10

We definitely need the racks. I’d love hard luggage panniers and a rack.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
It's the only bag I can find that's long enough to fit my shotgun.
That for bear protection?

Old 06-01-2021, 04:47 PM   #12

$24 amazon:
Stansport Saddle Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Z1239G...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Old 06-01-2021, 07:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
I have a set of those, they are flimsy and don't hold their shape. Also difficult to close securely when loaded.

You guys act like your computers don't access E-bay or Amazon? They have leather saddle bags all day for $50. No rack needed. Also top cases of 30-70 liters.

I bought a set of soft luggage with a soft top case used at the local cycle shop (yes you are allowed to go in as long as you don't tell them you ride a China bike) for less than $50. Also got a nice tank bag for $10.

Or you can always zip tie the old milk crate on the rack and bungie a surplus duffle bag on the pillion. It works!

And don't try to say you would be embarrassed, you're riding a China-bike!

Old 06-01-2021, 09:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by krat View Post
And don't try to say you would be embarrassed, you're riding a China-bike!
I mounted the bed of a Ford Ranger to the luggage rack of my China Bike.

NO HILL TOO STEEP NO MUD TOO DEEP
The Brozz | The Hawk Upgrades, Accessories, Etc...
Assembly Checklist: Brozz 250 | Hawk 250
~idle_purr

Old 06-02-2021, 03:28 AM   #15

would it be possible to fab/bend an aluminum insert/back plate for side support rather than requiring a full rack with side extensions?

Nothing against milk crates though....