Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2021, 09:48 AM   #1

Orion RXB150XL 3500mi abuse review

Hey everybody, it's been a while since I've posted here. Figured I should talk about how reliable this bike is. I have put 3500 hard miles on this bike and had very few issues till today.

So far the only things that have broke have mostly been due to my own negligence. I have a leaky fork seal, have broken one chain tensioner bolt, and broken a clutch cable.

I replaced the carb about 100 miles ago with a nibby carb and the change was amazing. I could never get my old carb tuned properly, only to discover that it was due to the return spring on the choke not existing so it was flapping around.

I have replaced the rear wheel with a 16 inch, makes for a much better ride.

I did have a problem with the bike burning a bit of oil which is what got me to where I am today. It was 100 degrees here in Maine, apparently when you have the motor pinned out with no oil they don't like it very much. Loss of compression, haven't opened it up yet but I'm hoping its just a piston.

I have ridden this bike through the rockiest trails, ridden on beaches, through swamps, commuted 30 miles or so a day on top of that. I have beaten the absolute piss out of this bike.

Because this bike was so cheap, I've just ordered another one while I rebuild this one from the frame up. I'm led to believe if I had done ANY maintenance on this bike it would've lasted much much longer. This bike is an absolute solid buy.

Old 06-30-2021, 10:09 AM   #2

I'm sure if you rode a Jap bike the same way you would have the same results. Only difference is you got your moneys worth out of the cheap bike.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-30-2021, 11:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I'm sure if you rode a Jap bike the same way you would have the same results. Only difference is you got your moneys worth out of the cheap bike.
From what I'm told, Jap bikes like oil too

Old 06-30-2021, 11:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
From what I'm told, Jap bikes like oil too
Like is putting it mildly, at least when a few certain Kawasaki's I used to race are brought up. They gulped it, even after complete rebuilds every 4.5 hrs

Old 07-07-2021, 03:44 PM   #5

That bike is the reason I joined the forum. Ive been researching it for at least a year. The 91/16s are supposed to coming in very soon. I will wait for the first couple of reviews on it before I buy one. Im a short dude, so the 19/16 should be perfect. I wont look like a clown on it. I like the FSE250s, but the RXB price is much better. The quality is pretty much the same as well.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Helmet View Post
The 91/16s are supposed to coming in very soon. I will wait for the first couple of reviews on it before I buy one.
I joined when I was researching buying a grom clone. There werent really any street legal pitbikes on the market until this one. From what I have seen about the new model are larger tires, nibbi carb, and chain tension blocks.
Even though I blew it up, I will tell you that it was more than worth it. I really kept this bike pinned out for 85% of the miles and about 600 of those the bike had little to no oil. I have a feeling they are going to sell quick, I just put in for a pre-order which I normally would never do. I'm going to assemble myself this time and really go over it. They offer that now for an extra $300, but I'm in no rush.