Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #31

Zongshen America is a subsidiary of Zongshen PEM, so it will offer something even if they close it down. They will not abandon the products they sold that would really hurt their name. They also just bought another motorcycle manufacturer in china and there getting attention on the stock market the whole Warren Buffet thing.

They will eventually change it around, but not supplying parts is really not an option it would be like hitting a self destruct button.

They are studying the market and they are not being well accepted at the existing dealer levels. That because dealers are feeling threatened by them and the low margins. Maybe not low but on lower prices it comes out that way low unit profits.

It's a big company with good connections and manufacturing facilities, I think they should keep both the GS250 and 200GY products myself. I think they could be modified and obviously they have began small cult followings, the corporate cant see that. They could grow that, and embrace that, they are big and not really seeing the roots of what they started. The internet is filled with loyal customers, some are just potential ones, they would be cutting those off, before they even got started. It's advertising and they are missing that, the chinese should stop spying look at what out in the open?

Old 01-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
In my experience, not to many dealers will be real interested working with you on one of these. I also don't think you find it that easy to deal with Zonshen. They sell only to legitimate dealers.
yeah and some how they stepped outside their own bussiness model. They have bikes being sold outside the dealer network and those are still considered new.

Zongshen bikes are now being dropped shipped, was yours spud? They did not want that, they seemed to want to go through brick and mortar dealers, a traditional business model.

I do not think parts are an issue currently, any exisitng zong dealer can get you a part.
I did not buy my Zongshen 200GY-2 motorcycle from a dealer. In the year 2008, I bought my Zong from an independent importer, who sold it to me out of his garage. This seller had an advertisement in the Seattle, Washington Craigslist. I telephoned him, and emailed him, as I negotiated the purchase. I then searched the internet, and found a shipping company to deliver my Zong to Idaho. I paid $950 for my new, in-the-crate, 2006 Zongshen motorcycle. I paid the shipper $238 to deliver my motorcycle to Idaho. I did not get any warranty coverage with my motorcycle. Fortunately, I did not need any warranty coverage.

I have never had any problems getting parts for my Zongshen motorcycle. Any Zong owner can easily purchase parts from Zongshen America, Phil, or any authorized Zongshen dealer. The Kingstone 130/90-15 dual sport tires, however, are a different matter.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #33

Is that guy still selling out of his garage? He was not making any money on that deal!

Old 01-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #34

spud your right about the kingstones, the new sets i have, both of them, are not kingstones but some other brand i havent herd of. the guy who spud bought from may have made money here's how that works, i'm guessing he bought by the container, had no overhead for a total profit for him at 200-250 $ and didnt do anything. just for reference, if i sell online and i feel they are capable, i get a quote for the bike and shipping this takes about 2 hours total, my labor rate is about 45 in the shop. once everything is done i average making about 200-250 each, 100 to 150 is eat up in time, papers and the detail that make the deal. the other 100-150 goes back into the bike end (really i dont take from that account but you have to figure this to way to keep your business in check) to pay for the building, lights, phone, but mostly in my case to pay for the endless paperwork my state requires, but i figure he done ok. he also HAD to buy cheaper than me, but a bigger investment than i could to buy a container
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 01-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #35

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I was just wondering. How many bikes would fit in a container?

Old 01-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #36

Quote:
Is that guy still selling out of his garage? He was not making any money on that deal!
He was still selling them this summer. I just checked Craigslist again, and I don't see a current listing from him. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe he was recently charging approximately $1,050 for a new, in-the-crate, 2006 Zongshen 200GY-2. I believe he was also selling assembled Zongs for approximately $1,300.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-17-2010, 09:58 PM   #37

This is all very interesting, How many bikes are in a container is also a very interesting question. So do you guys think that Zong would sell someone with the money a container full. I would take an educated guess and say less than 50, but I don't know.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #38

Package Dimension: 2320mm*480mm*1000mm
16units in 20ft container, 40units in 40HQ container

That bike has a mikuni carb and a 250cc zongshen engine.

You will not be able to get a container of Zongshen GY bikes but you can find Zongshen engines on bikes with other names.

Sales are down and the market is flooded. Sales people make promises the can not keep.

So how many of the bikes got made before somebody noticed the CNC was off a few microns?

I would want one first a sample and then break it in and run the shit out of it. There are way to many players in the chinese bike game.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #39

I live in the Philippines and have a Yamaha XT225 'Serow'. It cost me Php160,000 in December 2007.

As far as I am aware, there is no Dealer in Cebu, offering Zongshen motorcycles as the owner 'V8 Motorcycle & Parts Dealer' scammed some Angel Investors, and did not actually pay Zongshen for the 900 x 100/110/125cc U-bone, 'V8' badged motorcycles that got imported by Toro Motor Corporation (but assembly never completed due essential parts left out that shipment pending the payment of Php10M that never got paid). So all chances to then start importing the new Cyclone range went out of the window with that Dealership.

I created some slideshows of the Zongshen 'Cyclone' range:-

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GTqfRwh6qmU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GTqfRwh6qmU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.zongsheninternational.com...t/Default.aspx

Recently I discovered an new model to the Zongshen 'Cyclone' range 'Pursuit' - ZS150K

What is more, there is new Model added to the Zongshen 'Fly' range - ZS150GY-10C

Super Motard look version

Old 10-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #40

Quote:
This is all very interesting, How many bikes are in a container is also a very interesting question. So do you guys think that Zong would sell someone with the money a container full. I would take an educated guess and say less than 50, but I don't know.
If you do a 'Google' search on a given Zongshen model (ZS150K for example), if recent model, chances are there will be Chinese Company like 'Alibaba' come up as a search hit.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/34...showimage.html http://<br /> <br /> http://www.al...otorcycle.html

Detailed Product Description

150cc motorcycle

Model: ZS150K
Engine: CG150D
Displacement: 149.5ml
Bore × Stroke: 62×49.5
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Ignition: CDI
Starter: Electronic/Kick
Wheel Base 1360mm
Max Power/rev Kw/(r/min): 8.5/8000(1±5%)
Max Torque/rev N.m/(r/min): 10.0/7500(1±5%)
Max Speed: 95Km/h
Brake: Frontisc;Rearrum
Clutch Type: Manual Wet Multi-Plate
L * W * H: 2030×780×1180mm
Min.Ground Clearance: 150mm
Net Weight(Kg): 120
Fuel Tank Capacity: 11
Fuel Economical Consumption: ≤2.2 L/100km
Optional Engine: CG150-B
Package: 78units/40HQ

Hit that Contact Supplier button and if they like your Registration details (appear to be bona fide Company), you may get the (FOB CHONGQING): price Quotes, like I did.

Enjoy.