Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2017, 12:21 PM   #5281

Welcome back! Good to hear things went well with your foot. You'll get there again....just time and patience.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-23-2017, 12:25 PM   #5282

Woodland...I wish you weren't gone for so long. Even though you could not ride, you can still type!

I have not had foot pain before but I can imagine it puts quite a functional challenge on life.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #5283

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Welcome back! Good to hear things went well with your foot. You'll get there again....just time and patience.
Thanks 2LZ I'm hoping it's just a bit more time and patience and not an additional surgery which I suppose would mean more time and patience - they warned me it would take a full year to get recovered fully due to the quantity of things done during the surgery. I have some rather interesting scars now, and the x-rays are....interesting.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #5284

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Woodland...I wish you weren't gone for so long. Even though you could not ride, you can still type!

I have not had foot pain before but I can imagine it puts quite a functional challenge on life.
True that on the typing - I popped in from time to time to lurk - looks like I might want to take the time to update my headlamp to one of the LEDs recommended, and maybe replace my headlamp assembly for the newer one (I have the original 2015 headlamp assembly - and since I've been running with a 55W bulb, I have noticed some bubbling of the reflector)

one of these years I'm hoping to be comfortable enough to finally sign up for the baja ride

Old 02-25-2017, 09:24 AM   #5285

Hello guys, My name is Gabor.
I'm a new member here. I have question. When i riding the motorbike sometimes its stops automaticaly sometimes when i gearing down... Or when i stoped on the lights and when i add a throttle and automaticaly will stoped the engine.. but just sometime... I have any chance to fix it or something to do with that? Many thanks. Gabor

Old 02-25-2017, 09:33 AM   #5286

Gabor,

You describe the clasic symptoms (For the RX3) of the valves being out of spec. Have you done a valve tappet adjustment yet?

If the valves are too tight, they don't open far enough for long enough and you get a less than full gas/air charge. If the valves are too loose, they don't seal properly when shut and you lose compression. Both can lead to the stalling you describe.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 02-25-2017, 09:47 AM   #5287

I did the valves its set up to 0.08 and i ahve 2000km. I dont understand why...

Old 02-25-2017, 10:05 AM   #5288

Is yours carburetted or fuel injected?

Dan K.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:30 AM   #5289

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKearney View Post
Is yours carburetted or fuel injected?

Dan K.
Its fuel injected.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:25 AM   #5290

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborIE View Post
Its fuel injected.
Well, as its the FI model, I can't suggest something else to check that would effect fuel flow. All I can think of is to go over the wiring harness and make certain that all the connectors are tight.

Good Luck,

Dan K.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:31 PM   #5291

Gabor, I had trouble with mine dying also while going down the road. Battery terminals were loose and loosing contact every so often. Just enough to kill the fuel injection but I could get it started again usually before coming to a stop with the electric starter and limped my way home , rj

Old 03-02-2017, 11:10 AM   #5292

mine cut out after first valve job had fuel line kinked have yet to get everything back under the tank the way it was just let it all fall in place

Old 03-03-2017, 09:50 PM   #5293

Going to Daytona Beach, FL, for Bike Week

Campfire friends, I'm going to Bike Week again this year. I'll be there from the 9th to the 19th, camping at Holiday Travel Park, Old Dixie Highway...about 4 exits north of Daytona Beach on I95. This year I'm trailering the RX3 and V7. It will be a busy 10 days, with lots of planned events and good food. If you see an Orange RX3 (the fast color) it will be me. If you are in the area and need a place to camp, feel free to join me and the Norton guys.

Peter Y.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:43 AM   #5294

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
?.... If you see an Orange RX3 (the fast color) it will be me. If you are in the area and need a place to camp, feel free to join me and the Norton guys.

Peter Y.
Drive/ride safely.....Bike Week in Daytona is one time I don't ride my bike.

I'll be there Wed or Thursday, but will only be at the Speedway or Beach Street.

BTW, that area off I-95, where you are staying is called Korona. A friend of mine owns 10 acres of pine trees on the south side of the highway.

jb

Old 03-04-2017, 10:34 AM   #5295

Now that the Speedway does not have the vintage races I'll only go there for a couple hours to do demo rides. Other than that I stay away from Daytona Beach, too much to do in other locations. Even just a ride in the country is a welcome change from the weather we usually have in Feb-Mar...this year being an exception. Dirt track races, swap meets, Norton Turn 6 party, tour of Wytech.....no need to get caught up in that horrible traffic around Boot Hill.

Peter Y.