Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2017, 07:24 AM   #76

Is this the same LED as the CSC bulb? Sure looks similar (plus you get two for $32).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DTXTDD4...IRX9ZQNF&psc=1

Old 05-12-2017, 08:32 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by vttrailboss View Post
Is this the same LED as the CSC bulb?
It looks pretty simmilar to the CSC bulb.
But... seems to be these units only provides one beam (no Hi/Lo differentiation).
- ex Honda Storm 125 (2009)
- ex Corven Triax 250 Touring (2016) (Zongshen RX3 carb)
Benelli TRK 502 (2018)

Old 05-15-2017, 02:26 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricCircus View Post
Hi!

Looking for the GENSSI lamps advised here I´ve found another option:

https://www.amazon.com/HIKARI-LED-He...=HIKARI+LED+H4

Instead of the GENSSI´s Philips LumiLights chips it has a Cree set (XHP-50 + XM-L2, 2 each lamp), rated at 4800lm. There was a huge improvement over the OEM lamp illumination, and the beams are well focused and differentiated.

Was very easy to replace the OEM halogen with this one; don´t had to cut the plastic cover: it fitted perfectly.
I just installed a Hikari in my 2015 today. It was pretty easy, but took a little time to figure out that I needed to remove the aluminum holders on the new bulb to install the original RX3 white plastic holding clip.

How noisy is the fan on your Hikari bulb? Mine is quite loud, kinda drowns out the fuel pump when I turn the key on. That extra sound could take some getting used to, but one thing is for certain- never have to worry about accidently leaving they key on and draining the battery!

Old 05-15-2017, 07:47 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC View Post
How noisy is the fan on your Hikari bulb? Mine is quite loud, kinda drowns out the fuel pump when I turn the key on
Mine isn´t noisy: my bike doesn´t has a fuel pump (because it is a carbureted version); it seems to have a noise level simmilar to the radiator fans.

From my point of view, living at a dusty area, the sounds acts as a kind of "LED cooler fan working ok" indicator.
Benelli TRK 502 (2018)

Old 05-15-2017, 10:23 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricCircus View Post
Mine isn´t noisy: my bike doesn´t has a fuel pump (because it is a carbureted version); it seems to have a noise level simmilar to the radiator fans.

From my point of view, living at a dusty area, the sounds acts as a kind of "LED cooler fan working ok" indicator.
Yes the noise is definitely coming from the LED cooling fan. I'm curious if its supposed to be on all the time or not? I've sent an email to the seller asking about it.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:02 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC View Post
Yes the noise is definitely coming from the LED cooling fan. I'm curious if its supposed to be on all the time or not? I've sent an email to the seller asking about it.
As long as the lamp is lit the fan should be running.

An interesting thing I´ve found on these lamps: they are rated 30W low beam and 30W high beam; the measurements I´ve made said it is correct. However, when turning on both beams at the same time, it only draws 48W, instead of the theoretical 60W total.
The Amazon product info and the leaflet says something about this.
Benelli TRK 502 (2018)

Old 05-15-2018, 09:43 PM   #82

I keep meaning to post that I have installed the CSC LED headlamp and it seems to be a LOT brighter than the original. I do have photos - I just need to get them loaded so I can post them here I bought the newer 2015.5 reflector headlamp housing when I did the conversion - installation was smoothly done, and I am hoping the added brightness helps make me more visible to cars....had a close call once before (even with my aux LEDs on) where someone from a side street nearly turned into me :( apparently they didn't check or didn't see me coming...that really got the heartrate going, thats for sure. luckily I saw them and was suspicious of their intent and swerved + added throttle but it's made me even more nervous on the bike. Will post photos as soon as I can.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #83

Photos

The new setup is a LOT brighter than the old...I should have taken a photo of the garage door with the light on it - that made it much more obvious than taking a photo facing the bike...

I had installed a higher wattage halogen in the original headlamp and you can see that resulted in bubbling of the reflector (I did not cut a hole in the back of the headlamp housing when I installed the brighter bulb)

Here are the 2 headlamp housings side by side and the new LED lightbulb

Installation went easily, following instructions by Detours combined with shared higher in this thread

Old 05-22-2018, 04:46 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
The new setup is a LOT brighter than the old...I should have taken a photo of the garage door with the light on it - that made it much more obvious than taking a photo facing the bike...
I found the same to be true. The newer style RX3 headlight has an excellent light dispersal pattern, it just suffers from an extreme lack of lumens due to the OEM 35 watt halogen H4 bulb.

And lest you think it is just Chinese bikes that suffer this affliction, I recently added a 2015 Versys 650 to the stable and it suffers the same problem, despite the high and low beams being separate assemblies. In fact, the damn high beam indicator on the dash is brighter than the high beam bulb itself, which appears to literally do nothing to increase light output when turned on. And no, it isn't burned out. Going to add some of the Genssi Elite H7 LED bulbs that Detours found to it as I ride at night a lot, especially in the summer.