Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2020, 08:06 PM   #1

Help Apollo 250 26-db deluxe carb Upgrade

I recently bought one and the first thing i would like to do is well upgrade the carb I don't know jack about bikes so i figured getting this bike would be a good starting point. I cant find anything around google I see videos of people who bought the a new carb but they never link or make a follow up video to see if it fit/work. Could anyone help by suggesting what carb to buy that would fit or if so do I need to buy a manifold for it. Much appreciated.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:24 AM   #2

Hi, I assume you bought a DB-36, not a 26?

Orion offers a 28mm Nibbi upgrade for the Orion RXB which has the same motor as a DB-36.

Around here, the most often recommended carb for these motors is a Mikuni VM26 Clone, which is actually 30mm (confusing part number, I know).

However, I've been reading recommendations elsewhere that a 28mm carb actually works better on your motor.
2018 Hawk - Nibbi PE30, Nibbi Intake, UNI Filter, Ebay Exhaust, NGK 4929 (non-Iridium), 428 D.I.D. X-Ring, 15/40 Sprockets, Walmart AGM Battery, IMS Shifter, Full LED Lighting, Digital Cluster, CSC Swingarm Pin, Modified Chain Adjusters, Upgraded Wheel Bearings

** MPH Cruise, ** MPG

Old 04-24-2020, 02:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baskt_Case View Post
Hi, I assume you bought a DB-36, not a 26?

Orion offers a 28mm Nibbi upgrade for the Orion RXB which has the same motor as a DB-36.

Around here, the most often recommended carb for these motors is a Mikuni VM26 Clone, which is actually 30mm (confusing part number, I know).

However, I've been reading recommendations elsewhere that a 28mm carb actually works better on your motor.
The PE28 is a mild upgrade over the PZ30/VM26 due to it being a smooth bore carburetor. It actually flows a little more air and has a lot less turbulence due to the fact that while the PZ30 and VM26 clones are "30mm" bores, they have a very restrictive venturi.

The VM26 is ONLY an upgrade in terms of jet availability/tunability, but otherwise offers no performance benefit over the stock PZ30 carburetor.

If you are wanting the best overall performance then a PE30 (30mm smooth bore) is really the route to go, BUT it is also a much more finicky/sensitive carburetor when it comes to jetting, and in my opinion is not a good place to start for a carb noob. The throttle response and power is very noticeable, but it is close to bordering on being too large without supporting mods, hence why I don't consider it a good carb for the inexperienced.

I agree with Baskt_Case on the PE28 upgrade. I think it offers the best balance for somebody in your position. Orion likely has good jetting suggestions for it as well.

I would highly suggest taking the time to learn about carburetors and carb tuning before diving too far down the rabit hole with upgrades.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Tags
apollo db 36, carburetor