Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #1

Hello from Cochabamba, Bolivia

Hello...My name is Darrell and I am a retired American living in Cochabamba, Bolivia (South America). I feel very lucky to have found this forum as information on Chinese bikes are hard to come by. Here in Cochabamba there is a Chinese bike dealer on every corner and there are almost as many Chinese bikes and scooters on the road as automobiles. Half of the bikes on the road here are unregistered and driven by unlicensed college students from Brazil. I am in the process of getting my Bolivian motorcycle license (which is just short of difficulity as a lunar landing...that is why the Brazalian students don't bother). I am in the market for a China bike and after looking at about half a dozen different brands and dozens of bikes I think I have narrowed my choice down to a Kyngo. Actually I have fallen in lust with a Kyngo KG250-2A. My question is has anyone any experience with the Kyngo brand..good or bad. Local chatter says Kyngo is one of the best Chinese bikes (available here anyway). I'd like some unbiased reviews from people who know. Thanks....UncleDarrell

Old 09-25-2010, 09:38 PM   #2

I have no knowledge about Kyngo, but I'd like to welcome you to the forums. Glad you found us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #3

Location: Wheeling, WV native currently living In Natchitoches, LA
Send a message via AIM to BrianW
Welcome to these forums, sir. I may not be of any help regarding your question this time, but hopefully I will next time.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:52 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum.

I am not familiar with that brand but most Chinese bikes are pretty much the same, mixed and matched and rebranded. They fall into 3 catergories. Lifanoids (Honda clones, sorta), QLinks (Suzuki clones) and Zongshens (Yamaha clones). The later two are generally better bikes, but all will serve if you know how to turn a wrench.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:35 PM   #5

I'd like to thank the group for the warm welcome. The brands named (Lifanoids, QLinks and Zongshens) are not available here BUT there are over a half a dozen brands for sale here no one ever heard of including Kyngo, Cronos, Haojin, Kinlon, Pegasus, Rudo, USM and Magnum. Its enough to make me dizzy. Pegasus and Kyngo have been on the market here a few years and have the best reputations locally (of course every one here covets a Japanese bike but costing 4X's the cost of a China bike those desires soon give way to financial reality)! Cost for a 150CC is 700-1000USD. A 200CC will set you back between 1100 to 1400USD and a two cylinder 250CC tops out at between 1700 and 2000USD. I originally planned on a 150cc, but my plans are cross country/mountain touring visiting the local villages (with quick getaways when the husbands return from working the fields) and I was told I really should bump up to a Jap bike or at least a China 250cc. Well thats my story and I'm sticking to it until a better story comes along. In any case check out the Kyngo website and see whats going on there. That is the one company available down here that you can actually get information on. When I started researching China bikes I was dumbfounded at the lack of information available on the brands available here and it would have driven me to drink if I hadn't already started (as a teenager). Once again thanks for the warm welcome...Uncle Darrell

Old 09-26-2010, 12:11 AM   #6

Welcome to these forums; we are glad you joined us! I am also unfamiliar with Kyngo motorcycles; however, I did find the Kyngo website. The street bike with the largest engine on this website is the KG200TG.

http://www.kyngo.com/products.asp?fe...ibie=2&daihao=

This particular motorcycle employs a clone of a Honda engine; therefore, I would classify it as a "Hondoid."

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-26-2010, 07:50 AM   #7

Re: Hello from Cochabamba, Bolivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDarrell
Hello...My name is Darrell and I am a retired American living in Cochabamba, Bolivia (South America).
Actually I have fallen in lust with a Kyngo KG250-2A. Thanks....UncleDarrell
Hi and welcome.
I've never seen that brand for sale here.
Checked out the website. Looks to be the "generic" China bike, so hopefully most question/answers can be found here.
That KG250-2A is nice, but I'd "lean" more toward the KG250 II
If that brand has a good reputation and a dealer network for parts, you could do worse.
Good luck,
Bill R

Old 09-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #8

In the picture it looks like a Kinroad or a Khaos.

Like we have said, these bikes are like Mr. Potatoheads. There are a certain amount of standard bits, and different manufactures assemble the bits a little bit differently, then importers import them to various areas, sometimes further mixing up the bits.

Then distributers change the bits and put semi-random name decals on them and sell them for 15 minutes before going out of business. Then the bikes get resold and rebought, decals added or subtracted, a few bit swaps, then remarketed.

I had a Kinroad. It really was a poor machine, too many flaws to mention. It was the only CB I was happy to sell and thought was a poor product, regardless of the price. I do not know if that bike is identical, but it looks very similar.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #9

Thanks for checking out my post. Chinese bikes come in so many colors and flavors but it ultimately tastes like vanilla. Just that vanilla also comes in many flavors of its own depending on quality. According to local legend Kyngo is the best made that is available here. Parts are plentiful and there is a motorcycle repair shop on every street and labor is cheap. I prefer the KG250-2A over the KG250 II for comfort. Although the KG250 II is more sporty the roads here are long and rough and hard on the back and shoulders. The KG250-2A is just more easy on my old body. I have been shopping around for months and everyone says Kyngo is the way to go down here and if its a Honda knockoff even better, but time will tell. Thanks again..Darrell

Old 09-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #10

Darrell, I like that the bike you're interested in is a vertical twin. Those are somewhat more rare in the China bike world, and I bet they're a smoother ride than a 200 or 250 single.

Is it a single carb setup?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #11

Quote:
...I prefer the KG250-2A over the KG250 II for comfort. Although the KG250 II is more sporty the roads here are long and rough and hard on the back and shoulders. The KG250-2A is just more easy on my old body. I have been shopping around for months and everyone says Kyngo is the way to go down here and if its a Honda knockoff even better, but time will tell. Thanks again..Darrell
I didn't realize the Kyngo website had eleven pages of motorcycles! When I saw the KG300S-2 ATV, I thought the listing of motorcycles had ended. :oops:

Perhaps a dual sport motorcycle will have a better suspension, and be more comfortable on the rough roads?

http://www.kyngo.com/product_show.asp?pro_id=204
http://www.kyngo.com/product_show.asp?pro_id=199

You would certainly get a lot of knowledgeable support from our forum members if you bought either the KG200GY-6, or the KG250GY-5. However, I am sure W&G is correct about the vertical, twin engine being smoother than the single cylinder engines.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #12

Weld, the bike is two cylinders. One of the only China bikes available here with two. As for the carb configuration I don't know, but I imagine it is a single carb configuration, that info doesn't show on the spec sheet. My friend and I fired one up saturday and it purred like a kitten. That and the comfortable configuration of the seat and handlebars is what sold me on that model.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Weld, the bike is two cylinders. One of the only China bikes available here with two. As for the carb configuration I don't know, but I imagine it is a single carb configuration, that info doesn't show on the spec sheet. My friend and I fired one up saturday and it purred like a kitten. That and the comfortable configuration of the seat and handlebars is what sold me on that model.
The KG250-2A is nice motorcycle, Darrell. Does it come stock with the windshield, and luggage?

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-27-2010, 08:01 AM   #14

Spud, the bike doesn't come with the windshield.. It does come with the luggage.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #15

I can't believe it has been two months since my last post here. I was somewhat incorrect, the bike does come with the luggage and windshield. I am waiting for a new shipment of motorcycles to arrive here in Cochabamba, but I have also been window shopping all over Bolivia comparing prices on existing stock. So far the most expensive 250-2A I found was in LaPaz at $1950 (they finance at loan shark rates) and the cheapest was in El Alto at $1700. I have a couple of people here in Cochabamba looking out for the bike for me and promised me a good deal. Probably in the low end of that price range. The good news is last month I got my Bolivian motorcycle and automobile drivers licenses, so as soon as I get the bike I'm legal. The odd part is I have never driven a motorcycle and I really don't know how. Once I get the bike I gotta learn how to ride. That will be the easy part, getting the license was the hardest and somewhat expensive part. Hopeflly in the next month or so there will be a picture of me and my (hopefully) new Kyngo 250-2A here on Chinabikes...but I'm still not holding my breath..not yet!!!