Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2018, 05:18 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroenjunkie View Post
I finally put on my big boy pants and changed the oil on my bike. The old oil was very dirty but both strainers were clear and there was only the faintest trace of metal on the magnetic plug, so thats all good.

I decided to go with what I know and replaced the oil with Motul 15W 40 full synthetic.

As you all probably know the whole job took about 15 minutes and was ridiculously easy.

The difference in the way the engine is running is unexpected. It has gone very quiet, it is idling more slowly, but smoothly and the clutch has transformed into a thing of joy. Smooth, progressive engagement and easy to find neutral. I can now get the clutch to slip while doing slow manoeuvring and pull-aways are so much better.

Has anyone else noticed a change with different oils?
I'm jealous just because of the easy neutrals. All three of my Zongs hate neutral after they get hot. I may have to try the Motul.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-03-2018, 05:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
All three of my Zongs hate neutral after they get hot. I may have to try the Motul.
Adjust your clutches instead. If you can't find neutral, especially when stopped, then there is too much drag on the clutch plates.

My RX3 and TT250 both were difficult to get into neutral at a complete stop. They each needed to be adjusted, and it needed to be down at the lever on the engine, not at the handle bar lever, which is more for lever free play. Both now easily slip into neutral when the bikes are stopped.

The initial set up from CSC is good enough to get them out the door, but they definitely need to be readjusted after the initial break-in.

Old 07-13-2018, 02:56 PM   #3

Anybody have simple instructions on how to adjust the clutch at the engine/trans lever- TT250?

Old 07-13-2018, 07:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sclark1013 View Post
Anybody have simple instructions on how to adjust the clutch at the engine/trans lever- TT250?
adjust the 2 13mm nuts as needed leaving a slight free play

Old 07-14-2018, 12:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sclark1013 View Post
First, run the handlebar adjustment all the way in.

Second, adjust the nuts at the clutch end so that the clutch is fully engaged, with just a whisker of free play.

Third, crank the adjuster up on the lever mount until the lever feels as you like it.

Fourth, have a nice ride.