Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #16

If most of the Chinese bikes aren't available to the US market, what's the point in offering a magazine to US readers?

Old 11-01-2013, 01:11 AM   #17

I think with the proliferation of scooters in N.America, if a magazine was to be published, that should be the main focus, with a review of a motorcycle here and there.

'Crazy Carl' who started Mychinamoto.com is the editor of a dual sport magazine (mostly online, but you can pay more for a printed edition) that used to feature a Chinese bike here or there, with member Kawazacky (who started this thread 3 or so years ago) writing the reviews. The last I corresponded with Carl over a year ago, he was not really planning to review Chinese bikes, but if one of us could write a decent review of one of our bikes with photos, I am sure he would publish it. When he was overseas in China, he was loaned a Qingqi dual sport by zthe company, and liked it alot, so my guess a Qlink or SSR XF200 OR XF250 review would be most appropriate.

But again, there is a plethora of scooters from China and Taiwan, so a magazine featuring scooters would probably do quite well, or at least a quarterly listing all the makes and models.

But yeah, with so many Chinese bikes not imported to N. America, it would seem futile to bring chinamotorworld here in print.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard