Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2022, 03:22 PM   #1

New to all this, input appreciated!

Didn’t know where to post, hope this works. Looking for advice to a bunch of questions. I’m new to the whole china bike thing, haven’t ridden since I was a teen some 10 years ago on a new then crf230. Now I have bills, a home, a day job and a small business, children/stay at home wife, wanna-be hobby farm, etc. don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on a Japanese bike to sit there most of the time, don’t have ALL the time in the world (always enough to tinker on stuff with friends tho). anyway.

I’m looking at ordering a TBR7 from these guys. https://powersportsgonewild.com/prod...12862000562256
Is the dealer reputable? Is the bike ok? What do I need to order/replace right out the gate? Is there a full kit somewhere for aftermarket must haves to make her run mint? I live in the PNW and plan to fart around my pops property and backroads. Probably 75% backroads riding. I’m like 5’7 and 185 lbs. hope this helps advice.

Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Old 07-04-2022, 05:30 PM   #2

Never heard of these guys. Maybe others have and can give feedback. I'd recommend a very trustworthy company such as Venom:

https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 07-04-2022, 06:44 PM   #3

It wouldn’t allow me to check out there, popped up an error every time. So I appreciate the link!

Old 07-04-2022, 07:07 PM   #4

Venom doesn’t seem to stock that brand, my search continues

Old 07-04-2022, 07:39 PM   #5

If you wanted to get a tbr7, I ordered from this place recently.
It is the deluxe version, but he did say they have the standard version for a lil cheaper

https://www.shopapmc.com/New-2021-TB...ded_p_241.html

You have to add in shipping, which was a bit over $300 for a liftgate to PA
Email them and ask for which colors in stock and ship cost.
THey are very responsive and response time is super fast.

I am 5'5" and lowered the mono to the max, and the front 2 inches.
I still tippy toe, or flat solo foot lol.

Old 07-04-2022, 07:44 PM   #6

Ohh, you can ride it stock, but the norms are:

sprockets (for road use), chain, carb or carb jets, exhaust/muffler, all fluid change b4 start, and perhaps more. check tire pressure, check valves etc.

d version already comes with all LEDs and cable choke on bars.

Old 07-04-2022, 07:54 PM   #7

Thank you! I will email them now to verify colors/ship cost. I’m shooting for a white one fingers crossed.
I thought the one in link was standard, know the difference between deluxe and standard? I assumed deluxe was fuel injected but such is obviously not the case.
Thank you for input, you obviously know the short guy struggle lol. I can live with one foot, and am happy to hear that’s achievable. You liking it thus far?
Also if you have any links on parts you’ve changed that would be dope. I can dig otherwise.

Old 07-04-2022, 07:55 PM   #8

And does it have the beep with signals? How do you disable that? Lol

Old 07-04-2022, 08:00 PM   #9

yes indeedy.

I kept mine attached, but wrapped it, so it is very quiet.

Otherwise, just find the box and clip a wire. Some yt vids on it.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:00 PM   #10

https://ntxpowersports.com/products/...33164788826249

Found this one available in white free shipping, but it says it’s in tx and everything I’ve read on here have said to stay away from some dealer in texas

Old 07-04-2022, 10:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbogey View Post
https://ntxpowersports.com/products/...33164788826249

Found this one available in white free shipping, but it says it’s in tx and everything I’ve read on here have said to stay away from some dealer in texas
That’s a “Manny” dealership ,total scumbag ,unfortunately he owns several dealerships in tx so beware of any of them in tx .If you could buy in person from him you would be ok other than that very much not recommended to do business with that crew .

Old 07-04-2022, 10:17 PM   #12

Not sure about that one, I never heard or shown up in my search.
That is a good price if they have stock, ship quickly.
The TX dealer with the bad name is hit or miss, some do have good reviews,
but if there is a problem, it is normally big.
I chose to stay away.

However, the Tao Motor importer is in TX, my bike shipped from TX even tho the dealer is in TN.

Old 07-05-2022, 01:56 AM   #13

Sucks, looking like 1800ish all said and done for any of them on legit-ish sites. I wish there was a dealer local to me, but I’m up in WA and I’m not seeing any

Old 07-05-2022, 08:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbogey View Post
And does it have the beep with signals? How do you disable that? Lol
This is an easy fix. Just snip a wire inside the turn signal module. Motocheez has a youtube video showing this.

But do you really want a DUAL SPORT? The CRF230 is an enduro. The frame, suspension, engine are all down-scaled on the typical chinese dual sport compared to the CRF. There are enduro-scaled Chinese dirt bikes that are street legal. The suspension is probable the most significant difference that you will notice, but the dual sport tires will prove to be completely inadequate compared to the knobbies you had on the CRF. Believe me, they will wash out in mild conditions!

I bought a TemplarX 250 from PowerSportsMax. The bike was shipped and arrived in my city in three days! If it wasn't a weekend, I would have gotten it four days! And I got the paperwork within two weeks. Mine came with motorcycle written on the motorcycle certificate of origin (MCO), so I was able to register and plate it, no problem. Geico had no problem insuring it ($35 added to my existing policy for a 12 month premium). I got the Templar X 250, made by Zuumav. It has the Zongshen 172FFM 249cc 19hp engine. It's great! Unfortunately, it isn't available just now. It would be worth calling and asking about:
https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31046
This is the same mil available on the new and much more expensive Lifan KPX 250 (which is another bike to look at, though it is a dual sport as well).

Templar 250 (not the "X") is STILL available for under $2000. It is equipped with USD forks (beefy headset and triple clamps, but under 250lbs! It doesn't have the luggage rack or adjustable suspension, but it does have the upgraded controls, wheels, and the same engine. Powersports max and amazon both have this bike.

There are other enduro-based bikes with 16 or 17hp engines, but with more substantial frames and suspension. If you are not expecting off-road performance, then a dual sport makes perfect sense.

Bashan makes some excellent bikes for dual sport ranging from dual sport oriented (Storm, or Brozz) to more off-road (knobby tires on the recon). See these models at shopapmcDOTcom or brozz250DOTcom.

The Bashan bikes have inverted front forks (USD). I own a Storm from APMS (Don), but Jeffrey at brozz250 also has a good rep.

I am just saying, you can get a lot of bike to $2000 these days. Even less than $2000! I can attest to the build quality and choice of good components (Zuumav) and the Storm. Lots of people here have Bashan bikes.

Old 07-05-2022, 08:20 AM   #15

Venom Motorsports is probably one of the best dealers and so is Don with Shopapmc. If you want something comparable to the CRF230F i would get the Lifan KPX250. I just got one and it is equal to Japanese quality bikes. Lifan also comes with a 2 year warranty.
https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...d-street-legal

Venom also carries the Lifan Xpect. https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...bike-lf200gy-4
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Tags
250 cc chinese enduro, begginner, tao tao, tbr7