I found this floating around the net, and thought it might benefit someone

http://www.mfcd.com/FTP/Owners_manua..._XY250ST-4.pdf

Thanks,
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:13 PM   #2

I do! I ride one of those!

Or more specifically, I ride a ZMC 250UU, the MFC's uglier brother. The only difference between the ZMC machine and the MFC machine, is the ZMC has a solid rear axle, a Pipe with a sprocket on it. Reverse gear is moved into the engine, where first should be. (Makes for some real fun after I've been riding the bikes for a while, adn vise versa.)

Same Owners manual as the ZMC machine ironically, you kind of get to guess about the reverse gear thing... Not so Kewl...

All in all though, the machine has taken some hard-core punishment, and never stranded me yet. I expect I've got about 300 plus hours on it. Motor Runs better than ever....

--Vince

Old 09-14-2008, 03:51 AM   #3

The electrical diagram caught my eye.

The "black box" reverse controller is bigger than the Delphi ECM on my Sportster 8O

enjoy,
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Always Wear a Helmet.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #4

Yup, Yup, it is. Like, I said, mine is an older ZMC machine, www.zmccanada.com, but they're the same thing, with minor changes. All in all, I've been really happy with the machine. It's taken a bunch of fiddling, but mainly because I bag the crapinski out of it. 10 Miles, on Gravel, WFO, 70 km/h, rinse and repeat.

When it comes right down to it, it's actually made me money! When I first got it, I parked it out front of the shop, for a couple of days, after I set it up, and we got a pile of people with other china-builts in looking for service! Also, I've gone out with it a couple times to recover broken down machines, that broke in places a 4x4 would never go! (Fun way to spend a Saturday, I think!

Nice and Primitive though, and easy to bodge a fix, when it breaks.

Although sadly, neither ZMC or MFC is going to exist for very long, I figure. Parts support for either make is crap, and expensive. Sadly, and ona dealship level, both of them want their dealers to pay $1300+ship for the 250, and try to sell it for $2400+PDI. Well, everyone has an internet connection these days, and can buy their own for $1100 Shipped, Ala Ebay.

That's my take on them anydangways If I remember right, the Manufacturer name is "Wuxan Vehicle Company" or something like, but I'll have to go scrape the mud off the Number plate to be sure...

--Vince

Old 09-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #5

I heard of a Chinese dump-truck, but a Chinese tow-truck :?: 8O

If I ever get one, it would be for winter operations, plowing, salting, unsticking, etc. Plenty of opportunities for foul-weather junkies to make a few enjoyable bucks in the off-season!

My G-Y is a greased piggy on the black ice :twisted: but I like it. A four-wheeler would make me a snow monster. I've had my Tracker at about every angle you can imagine, and that was with up-to 4 passengers on two wheels. The biggest thrill there is...(sorry)...you have other Souls On Board to care for in your follies!

All by myself, I tend to be more cautious, not because of my consenting passenger, but because of the extra baggage weighing me down.

I've never really considered an ATV until I started poking around in the ATV forum. Although I am not the expert, I am the NOOB...AND I LIKE IT 8O

Please don't make my trade the Sportster
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Always Wear a Helmet.