Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2017, 08:09 PM   #181

kipper...just wanted to update my results after switching to the mikuni clone. put in the 115 main jet today, along with the 30 pilot,left fuel mixture screw at 2 turns out. idles much better and can tell quite a bit of difference in acceleration and ..won't say blip.. but rolling the throttle quickly it doesn't have that dead spot as before. when i get the fuel mixture adjustment knob in i will mess around with fine tuning it. thanks for everyones input, i know all the questions get old! mikuni was worth it, just for the jet availability.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:16 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by da4design View Post
kipper...just wanted to update my results after switching to the mikuni clone. put in the 115 main jet today, along with the 30 pilot,left fuel mixture screw at 2 turns out. idles much better and can tell quite a bit of difference in acceleration and ..won't say blip.. but rolling the throttle quickly it doesn't have that dead spot as before. when i get the fuel mixture adjustment knob in i will mess around with fine tuning it. thanks for everyones input, i know all the questions get old! mikuni was worth it, just for the jet availability.
Awesome man, Very glad to hear that. Ive been pleased with the the keihin's performance thus far. But, I'm not really asking a lot of mine. Keep us posted if you make and changes.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 05-06-2017, 07:04 PM   #183

Good to hear ! Thanks fir the report !
I went ahead and ordered the mikuni , some jets and a idle thumbscrew just for the hell of it. Will be interesting to experiment with

Old 05-06-2017, 07:32 PM   #184

Call me stubborn, but I'm hell bent on tracking down pilot/slow jets that fit this KeiHin. In the meantime, I have a rebuild kit on it's way that'll replace the bowl screws, give me a more easily adjustable air screw, and an adjustable needle, too! Cost shipped to my door? Under $6. Booyah Lol

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 05-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #185

I got the same kit. I am hoping I have time today to pull the carb and install some of these parts.

I also plan on measuring the low jet so I can order the ones I need.
The ones I found at aliexpress are 11 or 13 mm in length

Old 05-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by da4design View Post
I'm glad you got the Mikuni. Saves a lot of beating one's head against the wall! It is much more tuneable without the grief that comes with cheaper carburetors....ARH

Old 05-08-2017, 08:43 PM   #187

I really can't complain thus far Ariel, so far I think goat and I both have roughly 17$ in parts sunk into these Keihins, and I'm already happy with it's performance. But, I bet goat is a lot like myself (based on his replies on this board) in that he wants the carb and his bike "just right"

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 05-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #188

Just an update: Had some time to myself today, so the Brozz went on a diet;

Last edited by BigWeld; 06-01-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:44 PM   #189

And if you look closely at the last pic of the previous post, you can see how after a 1/2hr of riding that SS pipe has already started to turn than nice tan/brass color already after it's first heat cycle. I LOVE it! It's a tad louder than the video implies, and the deeper tone is SO much more pleasing to listen to. Best mod thus far, hands down. Also, within 5 minutes or so, my throttle response actually got better! Stone cold, she wanted to stumble once you crack the throttle too fast. Warmed up, it's spot on

And, for those of you who are curious; the stock system is way, WAY heavier! Like night and day difference

Old 05-18-2017, 10:57 PM   #190

Ok, I'm sold. Ordering asap! Any air box clearance issues?

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 05-18-2017, 11:01 PM   #191

Is it close to 10 pounds? I used my bathroom scale last summer and forgot the old exhaust in the bathroom...

Old 05-18-2017, 11:23 PM   #192

Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
Is it close to 10 pounds? I used my bathroom scale last summer and forgot the old exhaust in the bathroom...
Maybe you can hook up your old exhaust to a vent fan for those extra harsh bathroom conditions.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-18-2017, 11:48 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Maybe you can hook up your old exhaust to a vent fan for those extra harsh bathroom conditions.
I don't know what you are talking about.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:30 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
Great idea! I'll weight it today after work.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:32 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
Ok, I'm sold. Ordering asap! Any air box clearance issues?
Mine ended up like 5/8"-3/4" away from the bottom of the airbox, nothing like what Motocheez experienced in his video. Will pull the side cover and get a pic for you. Also, I didn't make any brackets or anything for mounting the silencer to the tail section, I just used the SS bolt they included in the kit, and I spaced it out with a fat stack of 3/8" USS flat washers. But like everyone else, I had to alter the collar on the primary pipe to accommodate for the difference in hole pattern. The gauge of the Honda is narrower, so I cut the end of the hole out and used these same 3-8" uss flat washers underneath the factory nuts to give them good bearing on the collar. I'll get you some pictures tomorrow