Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #1

took my bike to a shop and they crashed it

I took my lifan 200 gy 5 into a shop here in Oregon(WESTERN MOTORSPORTS) in silverton to get a wiring harness (i fried it wiring it wrong to the battery) and after about a month of waiting for a call from them(they said they would call and let me know how much it would be) they never called so i went to the shop to see what was going on.Well shop was closed and no bike to be found,so i had to find where it went to and found they had moved 45 minutes away to another place.I was a little upset but still civil she said bike was almost done and i lewt it go for another 2 weeks and then called again in which once again almost done.Finally tired of the bs i went in asked about my bike and she said tomorrow and then walked out trying to sell a bike to someone else well i wandered in the back to see my left turn signal hanging and scratches sideways in the plastic which tells me they were riding my motorcycle and dumped it(also seat was torn and horn button was stuck)I grabbed the bike and started to wheel it out and she said bike was like that when i brought it in and they did not do it.Bike had 180 miles on it and why did i not ask for a new turn signal when i brought it in.So i filed suit on then in which they filed back and i went to arbitration the other day where the arbitritor told me to pay them for the work done and call it good i said i would not and i would pay for the wiring harness if they paid for the rest of the damage which they would not and on top of that they are suing me for 750.00 for time lost anyone have any advice for me or know of Siverton's western motorsports in Oregon thanks

Old 07-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #2

wow thats messed up, advice, when i bought my bike on ebay it was taking like 2 months so i filed a free case with the states atorney general and the better business bouro and withen a week i got the bike ,
the attorney general really gets on fraude cases like this, and both the attorney general and bbb will send threating letters to the business immediatly

Old 07-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #3

go kick some of thier bikes over when they arent looking :evil:

Old 07-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #4

You need to contact the attorney general and the city/county/state where they are licensed. You don't need to pay for work that was not done. You need to contact the police and file an incident/theft/vandalism report since they took your bike and did not inform you that they moved. Make it a criminal case and then they will respond.

Allen

Old 07-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #5

That is TOTAL bs! Yeah...bbb...AG...whatever it takes, man. DO NOT back down from those bastards!!!

Old 07-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to shammash55 Send a message via Yahoo to shammash55
call the ag and ask them thay are really helpfull and hate fraud.i wish you the best of luck.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #7

Molotov cocktail comes to mind....

Old 07-08-2007, 12:41 AM   #8

update

Took the bike to another shop today because lights and turn signal went out again.The shop owner which is really cool spent all afternoon on the thing trying to figure out the problem.well tore into the wiring harness and found a burnt wire which tells me they never even changed the wiring harness like they said they did also i had sprayed some ams oil srpay on the wiring before i took it in (for moisture protection) and it was still on there.I am going to hammer these guys in court.I have proof now and i don't know how i could lose.I am going to get them for time lost and fraud and uyp the lawsuit to 1000.00 and after i winj i am going to sit in front of there shop with a sign telling people to beware.The bike is not charging the battery, we checked the regulator and still don't know what it is.The bike runs but i lose turn signals and headlight after a while and brake light and can not electric start(I have to kich start it) anyone had my problem??? originally i hooked up the battery wrong and fried it

Old 07-08-2007, 12:54 AM   #9

maybe report to the BBB aswell.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:57 AM   #10

I am sure plenty got fried by hooking it up reversed, looks like You have plenty of proof as far as taking this shop to court. You should win hands down..The question is will it cost You more than a new bike?