Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #1

T-Motorsports

Placed an order with T-Motorsports, very helpful. Two GY-5's shipped to my door for $2,199. Hope they actually come. I'll post an update when I get them.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:02 AM   #2

Good luck. I hope you're happier than this guy. Read the entire thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=1135

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 05-05-2007, 08:32 AM   #3

Hey RideNChina
You better read these two also:
http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=1221
http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=1430
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #4

RideNChina,
I bought my GY-5 from T-Motorsports with no problems, I am 1 of the lucky few... If I knew what I know now about them I may have gone elsewhere... Do your homework first, make sure you can get them registered in your state or you will end up with a pair of dirtbikes with lights and mirrors... When you get your bikes the MCO will be taped to the seat, you're going to need to send them back to T-motorsports and have them fill out the back, I live in Fla. where you can put just about anything on the road and they sent me away the first time around but did give me a temp plate so I could ride it... I'm not saying that T-Motorsports is a bad company, you just take chances ordering any motorcycle on-line.. Also you WILL NOT get any "Cool Boy" stickers with these bikes but you DO get the "Auspicious" bar pad...
Good luck and keep us posted, if you have any questions feel free to ask... Ambassador...

Old 05-05-2007, 10:01 PM   #5

Like I told you on Jetmotogroup, T-Motorsports is a mail-order company, not a bike dealer, so you are on your own for, well, pretty much anything other than the bikes.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #6

I purchased an LF250 off eBay from T-motorsports in March of 2007. The bike was advertised as having a 30-day parts only warranty.

Upon assembly, I discovered the bike had a few defective parts - some cosmetic, some mechanical. I took detailed pictures of the defective parts and sent them to T-motorsports. Their initial response was to tell to me claim shipping damage. I replied and told them that the location and nature of the defects made it impossible for the damage to have occurred during shipping and that I would not be filing a damage claim with the shipper.

I have tried for over 5 weeks now to get them to do something. Despite repeated e-mails, they are refusing to cover the defective parts. It has been one excuse after another.

I am now in the process of filing a chargeback against them with my credit card bank. I will also be reporting them to the BBB and CA attorney general.

I would not buy from T-motorsports again. The fact of the matter is they advertise a 30-day parts warranty, that they have no intention of ever honoring.

I know for a fact that others have been treated the same. You can read about their experiences on the Yahoo LF250 owner's group. This website was also started by someone else to alert people to them: http://www.t-motorsportssucks.com/

Old 05-12-2007, 10:50 AM   #7

I bought mine from T-motorsports. They were pleasant to deal with, answered phone calls and e-mails, and met all their sale obligations. I was happy with them. BUT I had nothing go wrong with the bike, so I never tested their warranty. One strange thing is that when I bought my bike, their e-bay listing stated that their bikes carried the American Lifan warranty (which is a 6-month warranty). They now have their own 30 day parts only warranty, and they clearly state that they will not even cover the engine!

Old 05-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #8

Just wondering as I look at the ads to the left and see T-motorsports is there.I'm guesing that comes with the site and the admin has no choice or is T-motorsports paying to advertize on this site.

Anyway whats up with that.
If T-motorsports is bad I would think this site wouldnt want them advertizing on here since it comes off as approving T-motorsports.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #9

I think that those ads are put on by Google; I don't think Frostbite has any control or $$ interest in them.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-12-2007, 08:28 PM   #10

Yeah I think he just gets to choose a category for the site and google chooses the ads

Old 05-12-2007, 08:30 PM   #11

Quote:
I think that those ads are put on by Google; I don't think Frostbite has any control or $$ interest in them.
Thats what I'm thinking Culcune but it stinks to have a dealer that appears to be problematic from first hand accounts, advertizing and possibly getting another sale just for being on this site.

I wonder if frostbite could contact Google and request different dealers to be put in the ads or if that is just totally out of his hands.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Yes and sort of. The ads that appear are chosen by Google based on the keywords on a given page. For example, if you visit a discussion thread on 'sprockets' you will probably see chain/sprocket related advertising. However, I do have the option to filter out ads for specific sites based on domain name. I didn't realize until now that T Motorsports was appearing in the google ads. They (t-motorsports.com) have just been added to the filter so hopefully no more advertising for them. It does take a couple hours for the filter update to kick in.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 05-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyjoe
I bought mine from T-motorsports. They were pleasant to deal with, answered phone calls and e-mails, and met all their sale obligations. I was happy with them. BUT I had nothing go wrong with the bike, so I never tested their warranty.
The sale was fine with my bike and shipping was prompt. I was very pleased with them up until the point I tried to make a warranty claim. It was only when I tried to make a warranty claim that things went south.

I've read in other forums that people have successfully gotten warranty parts from them. However, in every instance it was something small and inexpensive (bolt, clutch switch, etc). Some of the parts I needed were more expensive (fender, battery box).

Who knows what kind of warranty arrangement T-motorsports has with Lifan (China) when it comes the bikes they buy. The 30-day warranty may be strictly T-motorsports thing, with Lifan not giving them any warranty whatsoever. If that's the case, my guess is that they simply "eat" the cost of the inexpensive parts, but start pushing back when the parts get more expensive.

Old 05-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #14

I only dealt with TMS for parts (plastic kit)...

My experiences are, in general, they have alot of lifan parts available, however prices seem high (when compared to ordering parts from an actual A.L. dealer). The reason I ordered from them was I ordered a green plastics kit, which isn't available from A.L.

They rarely replied to any email, they did send me one asking a question, I replied, and didn't hear back from them.

Shipping didn't go well, they put the wrong address on the package (neglected a unit number), so it was returned to them, and shipping took forever. I had enquired what was going on but never heard back. It would have worked fine to be shipped out though if they had actually sent it to the address as I entered it on thier contact form.

They did actually call me to ask why it was returned to them, though this was after I had emailed them a few times telling them they sent it to the wrong address (according to thier shipping notification).

So overall, the parts came, were in relatively good shape (one of the plastic pieces the clear is scuffed a bit, but could be waxed out I assume), shipping was slow, but would have been fine if they paid attention and sent it to the right address.. Prices seem high, but you do see the price before you buy an item, so can't argue with it I suppose (but check with a real A.L. dealer like RPM first). Getting contact with them is the worst part of the process.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:17 PM   #15

RideNChina,

Not sure what state your in.. so things could go smooth or who know's if you even need to register them for the road.

I'm sure that you will make the best of it and have a great time putting the bikes together and taking them for their first rides... be sure to check out the DS bike prep thread... it can save you some drama.. Specially if you have loctite handy,.

Thanks to this site I have had a much more pleasant experience understanding the ins and outs... than I could have ever done on my own...

Keep us posted on your new toys!!! Pictures etc...!!