Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 08:25 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to 5star
My lifan crotch rocket is going to smoke ninja 500's!!

Its being droped of at my house tomarow finaly! I read that it has 16hp. I also read that the bike is only 280lbs dry. Well im droping in my 52hp yamaha yz426 dirt bike motor into it. So now wonce thats done the power to weight ratio will be better than a ninja 500. Their was also a dude that wanted to trade me my yz motor for his gsxr 750 motor but i dont want that cuz its so heavy.

WHATS THE FRAME LIKE!!! Talking about the bottom frame rail. Is it a single rail or is it 2 rails long side each other like a real bike?

Old 07-09-2007, 09:47 PM   #2

I think you're heading for a big heap of shit. 52hp in a stock LF200 chassis?? Just make sure someone takes some good video shots of you getting killed and posts them up here so we can get a good laugh.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #3

Post pics please....

Old 07-09-2007, 11:03 PM   #4

The engines are the strong point on chinese bikes...The frames are the weak point...You better reweld and brace it up a lot before You try this. Or You will be a statistic.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #5

Hands off the T.A.R.D.I.S Doctor! 8O

Old 08-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2riding
what does T.A.R.D.I.S mean?

Old 08-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #7

jenny, T.A.R.D.I.S is sorta' like this...........say this out loud to yourself 5 times, I WE TODD DID. I think he ment to say T.A.R.D.I.D. Or he's talking about theTV show Dr. Who and his time machine called Tardis.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2riding
what does T.A.R.D.I.S mean?
The name is an acronym of Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:04 AM   #9

First off, the LF200 is NOT a crotch rocket, it is a TOY. I can unfortunately say Ive owned that pos and it is in my opinion NOT road worthy. Now, I know you will disagree with me, so let me save you some trouble. First off, check your rear hub and put some lock washers on the rear sprocket bolts, if you dont they will rattle out and you will crash. Second, take out the mounting bolts for the engine and replace them with real steel. The mounting bolts are made of something I can only describe as "China Steel" which is not the same as what we consider steel here. And the last thing is: do not put that engine into it, the bike will fall apart on you and kill you if it happens on the road. Mine didnt even make it to 5k miles before the frame broke with a stock motor AND a top speed sprocket (reduced torque). Best advice is: sell the Lifan to some sucker when you get it and then BUY a NINJA 500. Trust me bro, you will thank me! I swear, it my entire life I have never seen any vehicle so poorly designed as the LF200. Btw, power to weight ratio is not the only thing that makes up the bike, weight destribution, power band and gearing make a huge difference. To explain it simply, your YZ engine is made for torque and climbing ability, it is geared accordingly and its power curve is very different from a Ninja. In other words, your project could get a jump on a Ninja from the line, but in the top end and especialy in the handing it could never hold its own. And the brakes on the Lifan are complete sht too, they could never stand up to Kawasaki. Good luck, stay safe and please consider what I said, I only say it because it was so bad for me I dont want to see another person go through this...

Old 03-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to 5star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad
First off, the LF200 is NOT a crotch rocket, it is a TOY. I can unfortunately say Ive owned that pos and it is in my opinion NOT road worthy. Now, I know you will disagree with me, so let me save you some trouble. First off, check your rear hub and put some lock washers on the rear sprocket bolts, if you dont they will rattle out and you will crash. Second, take out the mounting bolts for the engine and replace them with real steel. The mounting bolts are made of something I can only describe as "China Steel" which is not the same as what we consider steel here. And the last thing is: do not put that engine into it, the bike will fall apart on you and kill you if it happens on the road. Mine didnt even make it to 5k miles before the frame broke with a stock motor AND a top speed sprocket (reduced torque). Best advice is: sell the Lifan to some sucker when you get it and then BUY a NINJA 500. Trust me bro, you will thank me! I swear, it my entire life I have never seen any vehicle so poorly designed as the LF200. Btw, power to weight ratio is not the only thing that makes up the bike, weight destribution, power band and gearing make a huge difference. To explain it simply, your YZ engine is made for torque and climbing ability, it is geared accordingly and its power curve is very different from a Ninja. In other words, your project could get a jump on a Ninja from the line, but in the top end and especialy in the handing it could never hold its own. And the brakes on the Lifan are complete sht too, they could never stand up to Kawasaki. Good luck, stay safe and please consider what I said, I only say it because it was so bad for me I dont want to see another person go through this...
I sold my yamaha motor.

Im now getting ready to try and put the lifan 200 motor in a pocket bike. Then im building a desert race quad for the baja races and am looking fora gsxr1000 engine to put in a quad frame. Going to be another $10-$15,000 build.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:32 AM   #11

What is the latest?
Can you give us some more details and photos? It looks awsome!
Bert

Old 04-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #12

Holy crap!!! That looks scary..... 8O 8O