Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > News, Support, & Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2017, 06:13 PM   #1

Street Mini Section?

There have been quite a few new members in just the past few weeks buying the Grom clones; mostly the Boom Vader. Many are young and seem new to motorsports, while others are not as new. I am suggesting a separate section for these minis, possibly called Street Minis, just so all these relatively new members can feed off each others' tips and whatnot. I have noticed posts both in the 'Street' and 'Pitbike/scooter' sections, and, many more being added, so just thought I would throw it out to have a section for them. I am guessing, like many specific brands, search engines are landing them here.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-09-2017, 07:38 PM   #2

I could see the minis have their own section

Old 04-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #3

Not a bad idea. The Grom seems to have developed a following. I have even looked at them. Mine would need gravel road setup.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:02 PM   #4

These Vaders have caught on for a while, but seemingly in the past few weeks, every other member is buying one. I keep seeing advice seeking posts all over the place. Dual-sports members seem to be able to help each other out no matter the Chinese brand since they are relatively similar. I figure not only are most of these members riding Boom Vaders, but even if someone comes on board with another brand (SSR or Ice Bear), they could probably help each other out since the 125 horizontal single is probably very similar across the line like the dual sports 200 to 229cc vertical thumpers are similar.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-10-2017, 09:39 PM   #5

I like the looks of the SSR better myself, but I seriously doubt I'd ever get one. I'm in a very rural town and those little bikes almost need a group to cruise with.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 04-10-2017, 10:33 PM   #6

Boom actually has a new version that looks suspiciously similar to the SSR. Kronik Racing has them listed as a 'Boom lil duc' http://www.kronikracing.com/Boom-Lil-Duc_p_398.html which I thought might be the Little Monster from Ice Bear, but they also sell both Ice Bears (the Fuerza and the Little Monster). Venommotorsports also sells this one (they actually do not have the Vader on their site) and since the price is too low to be the SSR or the Ice Bear, I guess Boom have rolled it out without it being on their site? https://www.venommotorsportscanada.c...torcycle-125cc

I wonder if it has all the little complaints the owners of the Vader have to fix?

Edit--Venommotorsports still show the 'old' Vader (called the x20) on their site https://www.venommotorsportscanada.c...e-125cc-manual

TGB Delivery Scooter 150