Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2021, 05:08 AM   #4

Cheap RX3 Handguards

I took Working_ZS advice and tried these handguards on my 2015 RX3.

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Mot.../dp/B08N6K33F1

Under $20 delivered, and the yellow color is a great match for the faded orange on my RX3.

However I had to do a number of mods to get them to work. The inner diameter of the RX3 bar is too small for the plastic insert plugs on the guards. Also, I had to cut out the closed end of the throttle tube. I then cut the plastic plugs so the ends butted against the end of the bar, leaving bar ends extended just past the handgrips. Its particularly important to leave a gap between the end of the throttle tube so at not to bind up the throttle.

I used a rattaiil file to trim the openings at the ends of the handlebars, and scrounged some rubber fuel line with an exterior diameter that just fit inside the handlebar openings. I used about an inch of the fuel line, ran the long bolts through then bar ends and the line, and put the nut on the end of the assembly. Once installed in the bar ends, tightening the end bolt pulled the nut into the fuel line, securing the ends in place.

Rest of installation went well. The single metal stay fit well under the mirror perch.

Really light duty, just for wind protection as Working noted. but cheap and looks good on the bike.

Sorry I should have taken photos.