Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2020, 05:36 PM   #1

Doh! Peace sports greed?

Is it just me, but every time I want to order from peace sports, they increase the price on parts? I was going to order a cylinder head to have port and polish for my brozz, in the morning it was $39, that afternoon it was $49, WTF? I know harley davidson used to pull this crap....

Old 05-21-2020, 06:16 PM   #2

$49 is still a bargain by most other standards. I paid that much for my no-name poor quality head a couple of years ago. The Brozz head is much improved over the Hawk or my previously mentioned head, and the TT250 head is almost 90 bucks.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-21-2020, 07:44 PM   #3

In Peace Sports defense ,and without getting political which is a no no on this site, the current Trade friction and state of Tariff flux between the US and China has caused a lot of new Tariff increases and the percentage on what wasn't real clear and I'm sure that Dealers are still trying to adjust category by category to the increased prices , but as Dan mentioned ,yeah i get $49 is more than $39., but $49 is still way less than a comparable Japanese Cylinder head would likely run you and the TT250 head is $90.

I understand your position but I've just not seen anything yet that would indicate Peace repeatedly being shown to be jacking prices up for no reason , I in fact feel bad for Dealers who seem to be doing their best to establish a good reputation who were caught in the recent Trade /Tariff mess ,they really dont have a choice other than to raise prices to compensate for an already small profit margin and it is coming at a bad time for them. I hope Peace is able to weather things, especially now with the COVID19 shut downs thrown in on top ,they seem to be good guys overall and have supported this site.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 05-21-2020, 08:45 PM   #4

Seriously, you're complaining about a $50 cylinder head? I paid $200 for a 14cc racing head on my little 212cc mud motor.

Old 05-21-2020, 11:23 PM   #5

Peace does good business. I got my head in 6 days, right smack in the middle of the lockdown. I'd cut em' some slack on $10, it's definitely still worth it.
2018 Hawk - Nibbi PE30, Nibbi Intake, UNI Filter, Ebay Exhaust, NGK 4929 (non-Iridium), 428 D.I.D. X-Ring, 15/40 Sprockets, Walmart AGM Battery, IMS Shifter, Full LED Lighting, Digital Cluster, CSC Swingarm Pin, Modified Chain Adjusters, Upgraded Wheel Bearings

** MPH Cruise, ** MPG

Old 05-21-2020, 11:46 PM   #6

In China I paid USD$35 to $40ish for a Zongshen head from the Zongshen motor dealer.....
Motocheez has that now......

Really cannot complain IMOH

Old 05-22-2020, 12:04 PM   #7

It's just not not the price increase by 25% on the cylinder head, it's also the $20 to ship it, I know what shipping costs are, I ship ups and FedEx every day. I went to order the up graded swing arm 2 months ago same scenario, $55 one day, $75 the next, seems to be a pattern. Though you guys are right they dont have bad customer service, I've emailed them several times, about items, with no return email, I'm willing to spend money, hell I bought my bike from them. Hey, I might be wrong, I think they see the popularity of a item, and just like the oil companies, capitalise on it.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinaddicted View Post
It's just not not the price increase by 25% on the cylinder head, it's also the $20 to ship it, I know what shipping costs are, I ship ups and FedEx every day. I went to order the up graded swing arm 2 months ago same scenario, $55 one day, $75 the next, seems to be a pattern. Though you guys are right they dont have bad customer service, I've emailed them several times, about items, with no return email, I'm willing to spend money, hell I bought my bike from them. Hey, I might be wrong, I think they see the popularity of a item, and just like the oil companies, capitalise on it.
Or they are adjusting to the true cost basis of the items in question. If you added up the cost of everything I paid for the swing arm upgrade before it was a "kit" it is actually closer to the $75 than the 55.

Also, keep in mind that the price of freight from China has shot up as of late, and supply of some parts is low. So prices are going to change, and they have to adjust as a business. I have yet to see anything untoward about any of the prices of the items they offer for sale. Want to see price gouging on parts, look at what RPS/TXPowersports charges for a wheel assembly with the shitty steel rims. $145. Compare that to what Peace Sports asks for a wheel (60 bucks, ish). Even if they jumped the price to 90 bucks, it's still a decent deal, and probably reflects a more true price of said wheel.

As far as their shipping prices. They are a bit on the high side, but not too unrealistic for larger boxed items.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-22-2020, 01:06 PM   #9

Point well taken..

Old 11-14-2020, 09:30 PM   #10

I need the front sprocket cover for the 2020 brozz 250 checked the price on their website $22 + shipping/ the shipping cost $22 as much as the part I need

Old 11-15-2020, 02:11 AM   #11

Lol I noticed that too with the shipping. Something has to be done about that. The piece you need is less then the shipping. I guess we are all jaded when it comes to free shipping. Thanks Amazon and all the likes lol

Old 11-15-2020, 06:48 AM   #12

Feel free to go pick up the part in person ,for most of us the $22.00 shipping is a much better deal .