Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2020, 10:18 PM   #1

Ebay/Car Customs exhaust Decibel Killer

Wondering if anyone who has installed the Ebay exhaust and has also installed a Decibel Killer can link to a part they ordered, and if they had any fitment issues.
I don't see much of a difference between the Car Customs exhaust muffler vs. the Ebay muffler but perhaps the outlet of the exhaust pipe, inside diameter, is different?
The inside diameter of the Car Customs exhaust muffler I installed is 1.5" or a tad over 38.5 mm.

Old 11-20-2020, 11:10 PM   #2

Bump? Sorry....
Or any other suggestions on quieting down the Ebay exhaust?

Old 11-21-2020, 12:15 AM   #3

You could try a different muffler - my stock muffler came with a "db killer" that just closes the muffler exit hole a little. My bout with the exhaust everyone else was able to use, didn't fit my bike. I'm cutting and gutting my cat and welding it back when I get around to it. It is going to be a little more difficult to quiet down something with no restriction. That exhaust doesn't have a catalytic converter - just a resonator. Be loud man, loud = safe. If you aren't seen, you can at least be heard!

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Un...YYK2AM98HKM8NZ

I'm not sure if that would fit, but it's universal. Looks like the one that came with my kemimoto muffler I ended up not using. I'm going to utilize my welder and do a spark arrestor too - didn't come with any, and I'm not about to start any fires!

Old 11-21-2020, 12:35 AM   #4

No, that won't fit. That is 51mm and like I said Ebay exhaust is 38.5

Old 11-21-2020, 12:51 AM   #5

My bad homie - that yeah, probably wont. Went right past your 38mm spec.

https://www.amazon.com/JIKAN-Ignitio...motive&sr=1-34

^^^^^^ close to what came stock with my bike. That 'style' is going to be a little growly - not sure what kind of exhaust note you're looking for. But, comes with an adapter to go on your 38mm. Mine sounds pretty good with the DB killer in - I'm not particularly about the really loud, no back-pressure kind of sound myself lol .. Still low and somewhat in the low-mid loudness range.

There are so many parts that will fit, it's awesome. My Kemimoto one I ended up not using is extremely low-tone, but so loud my ears ring after riding it. I'll box it up and ship it to you if you want it, I'll take like 20 bucks for it.. used it for about 70 mi.