Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #1

Neat little comparison of the Honda 230 and the Q Link

I thought this was kind of a cool little review... The writer is obviously biased to the Honda, but I think the Q Link came up very comparably! The few things he picks on at the end of the article are almost laughable... A wire coming loose and such. Though I guess the broken grab handle could be dangerous, but I really don't know how you could break one short of pulling a car with it... Anyway, here is the review http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs...200-88733.html

Actually, seeing them side by side, I quite prefer the Q Link!

Old 02-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #2

I think that someone posted a link to this review last year, but it's a good read. Thanks for bringing it back.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #3

Oops, sorry for the repeat, I never saw that thread... It is a neat comparison though, the Q did very well!

Old 02-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #4

Last year, when I went looking for a small bike for transportation, I looked at both the Kawasaki KLX250SF and the Honda CRF230L. I really liked the looks of the Kaw (especially the headlight) and it was cheaper than the Honda at the time. Now it's $200 more but still the better bike by far. I was almost ready to commit but stumbled onto the Qlink XF200 through Volksjaggers blog. I did my homework on the net, found a dealer, and made the purchase. At almost a third of the price of the Kaw, the Qlink has become my favorite form of transportation in the warmer months.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:42 PM   #5

Volksjagger was an influance on my purchace as well.

Also, I have no idea how to break one of those handles but it would be covered under warantee. Not for nothing the Honda had 15% displacement advantage which is significant.