Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #1

My new roketa Db-05

Hey every one, I just got my bike yesterday and love it, i live in spokane wa and bought the bike right across the border in idaho, my drive back i was hopin to get up to 60mph but i had about 12 cars behind me, even though the speedo said 60, the speed limit was 55. The bike has 4,9xx mile but seems to run and shift good, put 80 miles on it in town yesterday and used .83 gallons!!! Big improvement over my 91 cherokee. I want more power out of it but i am 6'3" and 240lb and not sure if it can deliver with a smaller sprocket, want to get pod filters for it not sure about rejetting, what are some good ways that i can get more juice out of the bike, also what is the rear sproclet size? The guys at spokane powersports kinda blow me off and say weeeel since it chinese we wont have any thing to fit it, but if it is close to fitting i can do minor mods to it, such as a little grinding. Anyways thats my story. I also bought some street tires to get more of a supermoto look, the should be here inb a week or two

Old 04-18-2011, 02:11 AM   #2

Re: My new roketa Db-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandelosmanos
Hey every one, I just got my bike yesterday and love it, i live in spokane wa and bought the bike right across the border in idaho, my drive back i was hopin to get up to 60mph but i had about 12 cars behind me, even though the speedo said 60, the speed limit was 55. The bike has 4,9xx mile but seems to run and shift good, put 80 miles on it in town yesterday and used .83 gallons!!! Big improvement over my 91 cherokee. I want more power out of it but i am 6'3" and 240lb and not sure if it can deliver with a smaller sprocket, want to get pod filters for it not sure about rejetting, what are some good ways that i can get more juice out of the bike, also what is the rear sproclet size? The guys at spokane powersports kinda blow me off and say weeeel since it chinese we wont have any thing to fit it, but if it is close to fitting i can do minor mods to it, such as a little grinding. Anyways thats my story. I also bought some street tires to get more of a supermoto look, the should be here inb a week or two
Welcome to these forums; we are glad you joined us! Your Roketa bike employs Honda sprockets, so you won't have a problem experimenting with different sprockets. If you want more power, your best course of action is to modify, or replace the heavy, highly restrictive muffler. When you are ready, we can help you with your unipod air filter, and carburetor jetting questions

Don't pay any mind to the motorcycle dealers; those guys don't like Chinese motorcycles. If you are willing to work a bit on your Roketa, you have come to the right place! I think you will discover you fit right in with the rest of us China Riders.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-18-2011, 02:19 AM   #3

Thanks a ton, i will make a trip to get a smaller sprocket, and and get a new exhaust soon, With exhaust, pod filter, and jetting takin in to consideration how much power do you think it would ad?

Old 04-18-2011, 02:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Thanks a ton, i will make a trip to get a smaller sprocket, and and get a new exhaust soon, With exhaust, pod filter, and jetting takin in to consideration how much power do you think it would ad?
You're welcome. I own a Yamaha clone, and you own a Honda clone. Therefore, wait a bit, and the Hondoid (Honda clone) owners will soon come along and help you with sprocket recommendations. Also, the Honda clone experts can help you decide whether to modify your existing muffler, or get a different muffler. Depending on what you wish to achieve, you can perk your bike up a little with different sprockets, and better intake/exhaust. However, there is only so much performance you can expect to get out of a 200cc engine.

Since I own a Yamaha clone, I will defer to the Hondoid experts to answer your specific questions. Once again, welcome to these forums!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-18-2011, 03:47 AM   #5

thanks again, i looked at the pics of your bike, and it looks damn good, i will be posting pics up soon also, already enjoying the forum

Old 04-18-2011, 04:02 AM   #6

Quote:
thanks again, i looked at the pics of your bike, and it looks damn good, i will be posting pics up soon also, already enjoying the forum
Thank you for the kind words. We eagerly await your photographs; we love photos!

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #7

Welcome. Plenty of help for your model here.

At you size don't expect to see much past 65mph. Also the speedos are optimistic. Likely you were going less than 55mph.

Best mods in order I would tackle. Sprockets, exhaust, pod filter and jets.

Also put a new NGK sparkplug in. After that there is not much more you can do.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #8

Welcome!

I've had good luck in removing jets and taking them into the local bike shop for replacements. I simply don't discuss what they're from.

I found Keihin jets at the Honda dealer and Mikuni jets at the Yamaha dealer. A 200cc bike with a low restriction muffler and a Uni pod seems to generally like a 25 pilot and 110 main, but that's Mikuni speak. FWIW, 110 means 1.1mm, so I just drill out my main jets using a numbered index.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #9

Welcome to the forum and the wealth of good information found here.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #10

Thanks for all the help, 65 would be good enough for me i just dont want to hold up traffic, hopefully i will get my mods done in the next couple weeks and getting excited for my tires, i also have some new bar end mirrors comin since the old mounts were broken from bein laid down,

Went on a 40 mile drive today and on my way home we got a suprise april snow storm, so needles to say i was damn cold. Thanks for all the info again!!!

Old 04-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #11

Nice to have another Washingtonian too. 8)

I am pleased to report nothing but sunshine, albeit cool, here today.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #12

Putting up pics in a few minutes, even though the weather is random i love havin all the trees and windy roads around here

Old 04-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #13

bit of a newb question here, but how do i put up pics

Old 04-19-2011, 01:14 AM   #14

Quote:
bit of a newb question here, but how do i put up pics
You can learn to post photos on these forums by reading the following thread, Grande.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=6240

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #15

thanks so much, helped a ton they are bein uploaded now