Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2016, 12:04 PM   #1

My visit with a local dealer about the Hawk...

This weekend I took a trip to the city to visit an RPS dealer. The person I spoke with was very friendly and willing to visit at length. I sat on and started a Hawk so I could check the fit and hear how it sounded. I'm 5'9" and could almost sit flat footed.

Everything looked good and sounded good. Dealership was neat and clean with a nice visible mechanics area. Dealer told me they are selling lots of Hawks, 25 this month. He pointed out employees at neighboring businesses that are riding Hawks, and said both him and his mechanic ride one. Said his mechanic commutes 1 hour on the freeway on a stock Hawk. By way of establishing credibility, he told me that he is good friends with the owner of Ricky Power Sports.

He told me all Hawks are the same from every US dealer, doesn't matter how they brand it, Cougar etc. He said other big name online dealers are drop shipping them to customers. That they just call RPS and have them send it to customer. He said at his dealership they fully assemble, tune, and test all bikes before they leave. He said you leave with everything you need to ride straight to DMV for plates.

He said all black are sold out, that RPS has 800 2015s in the warehouse and no black. He said he has 80 2016s on order, they are on the boat now. First 5 black are already sold, and the new model will be $200 more.

Later in the conversation he told me the stock Hawk 250 will go 70mph, and freeway riding is no problem.

So what do you all make of all that?