Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2018, 05:35 PM   #1

Buffalo New York Thinking about a Bashan

What's up everyone.

I'm a fifty year old guy from Buffalo NY. I've been riding motorcycles on road and off since I was 11. Currently ride a 2003 Honda shadow 750. I've been researching Chinese built dual sports, and have been considering a Bashan, preferably a Shark. I've been looking all over online and customer service ratings for all these sellers are terrible. I know how to work on a bike, and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. I'm pretty sure a lot of the bad reviews are by people who didn't know what they were getting themselves into. Anyway, anyone know of good reliable place to order a Bashan 250? Also any tips on getting one of these registered in the state of New York? Thanks for reading, and looking forward to talking Chinese dual sports with everyone

Old 05-03-2018, 07:31 PM   #2

First welcome to the forums. Bashan’s bikes are EPA on highway certified so registering it shouldn’t be a problem. The Hawk is only EPA for off road. If you are looking for something more for the street I would look at the Shark or Brozz if you can find one. I have the BSR 250 aka enforcer or DB-41H-250.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdowny View Post
First welcome to the forums. Bashan’s bikes are EPA on highway certified so registering it shouldn’t be a problem. The Hawk is only EPA for off road. If you are looking for something more for the street I would look at the Shark or Brozz if you can find one. I have the BSR 250 aka enforcer or DB-41H-250.
Thanks. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about registering them. I was looking at an enforcer this afternoon online. Also looked at the Brozz and Shark. Currently watching videos on the CSC TT250. Thinking about calling there in the morning to ask a few questions.

Any suggestions on a reliable Bashan dealer online?

Old 05-04-2018, 10:31 PM   #4

The Sharks sold out last year, and the new importer, Peace Industries, only imported the Brozz, so any Sharks would be leftover (but they sold out?!) meaning the online dealer(s) have not updated their site(s). They lump all the Chinabikes together, too, in their own mind, meaning you try to order a Shark, and they will send you a Bashan Storm (nice bike, btw, but not what you ordered!)

Even if you call to confirm, I guarantee, you won't get a straight answer out of them, and/or they will try to send you something else.

As far as registration goes, I am fairly certain the Hawks have been successfully registered in New York, if you were thinking of one for their very low cost (there are a few compromises, but MANY happy owners who have fiddled with the compromises--i.e. replacing the stock carb), so don't rule them out.

The Enforcer that nickdowny mentioned is near-identical to the Hawk, but is EPA/DOT certified for 49 states, but the Hawk should be good to go in NY in spite of its EPA off-road designation--check the registration thread.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-05-2018, 08:47 PM   #5

I just bought the TT250 from csc motorcycles. I Really like the bike and the people at csc made it easy and got everything correct.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #6

Head Scratching

You are better off finding something you like that is available by a suggested Dealer from members here.

A lot of dealers and shippers with dealers who wont work with you after a bad shipper have been a joykill for some in the very recent past.

For that reason I will not tell you who I bought from unless someone suggests them

Old 05-09-2018, 11:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The Sharks sold out last year, and the new importer, Peace Industries, only imported the Brozz, so any Sharks would be leftover (but they sold out?!) meaning the online dealer(s) have not updated their site(s). They lump all the Chinabikes together, too, in their own mind, meaning you try to order a Shark, and they will send you a Bashan Storm (nice bike, btw, but not what you ordered!)

Even if you call to confirm, I guarantee, you won't get a straight answer out of them, and/or they will try to send you something else.

As far as registration goes, I am fairly certain the Hawks have been successfully registered in New York, if you were thinking of one for their very low cost (there are a few compromises, but MANY happy owners who have fiddled with the compromises--i.e. replacing the stock carb), so don't rule them out.

The Enforcer that nickdowny mentioned is near-identical to the Hawk, but is EPA/DOT certified for 49 states, but the Hawk should be good to go in NY in spite of its EPA off-road designation--check the registration thread.
Thanks I ended up ordering a CSC TT250 I talked to a sales rep and liked what I heard so I placed the order. I'll keep everyone updated on the progress.

I didn't order the Bashan because I was having a hard time finding what I thought would be a reliable dealer. Every time I did a review search I found horror story after horror story on dealers sending the wrong bike, damaged products, and horrible customer service. I found mostly positive info on CSC so that was the other reason I went them.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slease View Post
I just bought the TT250 from csc motorcycles. I Really like the bike and the people at csc made it easy and got everything correct.
I was pretty impressed them also. I'll keep everyone updated on the experience.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:58 AM   #9

Welcome! I'm sure you'll love your new TT.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #10

You won't go wrong with a Zong(shen)! LOL CSC has their system down, ships out the bike whole, and you are ready to ride! That is why they cost about $1k or so above a Hawk. I should add a disclaimer--the bike is Chinese, so don't expect Honda, but again, CSC has their stuff in order and are a big cut above most others. Bashan are probably still on par with them, but the only one you will probably reliably find are from the recent batches of Brozz bikes to Peace Industries. However, YOU still have to put it together and PDI it.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-14-2018, 03:10 PM   #11

Quote:
You won't go wrong with a Zong(shen)! LOL CSC has their system down, ships out the bike whole, and you are ready to ride! That is why they cost about $1k or so above a Hawk. I should add a disclaimer--the bike is Chinese, so don't expect Honda, but again, CSC has their stuff in order and are a big cut above most others. Bashan are probably still on par with them, but the only one you will probably reliably find are from the recent batches of Brozz bikes to Peace Industries. However, YOU still have to put it together and PDI it.

Good to hear. I thought so too. I researched the heck out of this. I really couldn't find much negative about CSC, lots of positive reviews and happy customers for the most part. I should receive the bike by the weekend so I'll post some updates when it arrives. Super excited

Old 05-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #12

So did the bike come in yet? I am thinking of firing on the same bike from the same site. Just curious how things work out.
I am also curious as to how the registration process goes- I am also from Buffalo and
I have been told the NY DMV gets weird about latest china bikes.
All the best!!

Old 05-17-2018, 01:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Let's not forget this key difference.

"Hi, my new bike broke due to faulty part X"

Most other dealers = "Allow me to ignore your calls, take weeks to respond, delay you, or otherwise try to weasel out of covering it under warranty or shipping damage"

CSC: "Sorry to hear about that, we just shipped you a new one."

That is where the extra money goes. Yes, there are some exceptions out there, but they are the exception and not the rule.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Tags
bashan, buying, introduction, new york