Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2018, 11:13 AM   #16

Wheelbender6, that's exactly what I have in mind to build, although mine won't be as pretty. My plan is to use a wheelbarrow for the body.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-06-2018, 08:21 PM   #17

I've seen a few of those wheel barrow based hot rods on pinterest. They are cool.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #18

tractors

[QUOTE=Darkrider;281875]Figured i might as well lump the tractors into their own thread for now as it will be easy enough to keep it organized for

I have Neighbor picked up one for $100..00 JD side of the road sale been mowing for 2 year with it,we had the 12.5 kaws on our bunton walk behinds
in the late 80s run for ever those engines do ,i just got this mostly for snow blowing in winter ,but get the yard cut in like 20 minutes the kohler 22hp 7000 series,now i got to get the 3 stage blower set up about $1300.00 for all,got to love anything with an engine on it i added the 725 22hp v twin sticker

Old 06-08-2018, 06:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Don't own one, but I'd love to tinker with some lawn tractors. I like those mini hot rods they build on lawn tractor drive trains.
Mine aint that purty, but an adult can drive it....LOL and yep... wheelbarrow bucket....

Old 06-09-2018, 10:03 PM   #20

Nicely done.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:13 PM   #21

Hawk 229cc...I used to have flame decals on my lesco walkbehind commercial mower. This pretty new cub needs them too. As long as you have to cut the grass, might as well have fun with it..
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-10-2018, 02:16 PM   #22

flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Hawk 229cc...I used to have flame decals on my lesco walkbehind commercial mower. This pretty new cub needs them too. As long as you have to cut the grass, might as well have fun with it..
yes flames i have them going to add them ,cant wait to see it blow snow actually yes i can wait as long as its 2019 before it snows or dec. lesco makes good mowers too there is the comercial on tv guy has blower on his mower is funny

there are some pretty cool youtube videos of those things doing alot of things ,like guys makeing mud ditch diging monsters out of the older ones ,we had an cub cadet when they were like like $4000.00 in the 1980s when they were built to last an that thing was tractor alright ,this one is nice the old one did like 30 mph an i could run over logs an drive through the woods too,put some bigger tires an any tractor i guess you can do the same ,read for the hawk tomorrow

Old 06-10-2018, 04:01 PM   #23

I need to go to Chicago and pay cheesy to let me use his snowblower someday before I die.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-10-2018, 04:46 PM   #24

not always fun with a walk behind,but with the tractor should be a bit more fun into it,videos give one a good idea how much better a tractor does it ,though some of the big ones do it up i have 24in walk behind will keep running well,with snow blowing alot of it has to do with the weather an if the wind is blowing,if its not blowing in your face its not to bad ,or real wet heavy snow can suk .but with the 42inch 3 stage on the tractor 2x to 3x faster it will be,they now have a 3 stage blower even better then 2 stage ,1 stage are like near history,but ok for people who get a little bit of snow under a foot ,i should be able to get through 3 foot drifts if needed of powder but thats rare even in southern Nh they get alot more north of hear ,going to due a video this winter will post it hear ,end of the drive is allways the worst

Old 06-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #25

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk 229cc View Post
not always fun with a walk behind,but with the tractor should be a bit more fun into it,videos give one a good idea how much better a tractor does it ,though some of the big ones do it up i have 24in walk behind will keep running well,with snow blowing alot of it has to do with the weather an if the wind is blowing,if its not blowing in your face its not to bad ,or real wet heavy snow can suk .but with the 42inch 3 stage on the tractor 2x to 3x faster it will be,they now have a 3 stage blower even better then 2 stage ,1 stage are like near history,but ok for people who get a little bit of snow under a foot ,i should be able to get through 3 foot drifts if needed of powder but thats rare even in southern Nh they get alot more north of hear ,going to due a video this winter will post it hear ,end of the drive is allways the worst
Kindly ... i get the gist if it. I know you have a lot to say. Perhaps, slow down a bit and try some more complete, shorter, non run on sentences. I'm interested in what you have to say, but having some trouble understanding. No, im not perfect

Old 01-28-2021, 12:12 AM   #26

Bumping this back up to the top to make it easier to find later on. Now that i have more free time on my hands with the change in job situation i figure i may actually get a chance to get these things running this spring. I may inquire about that JD 66 i mentioned earlier in the thread as well as what looks to be an older Craftsman lawn tractor that is at the same location. Ultimately if i do get those two the Craftsman will more then likely be the main mower used in our lot while the RERs will get occasional use and mostly tinkered on. As for the current pair here is a list of what both need from what i recall:

Allis Chalmers:

Carb cleaning

Belts
Kill switch
Seat
steering wheel or revised handlebar set up.

John Deere:

carb cleaning

Seat
Key switch
plastic surround panel that goes around the switch and controls
battery wiring
battery
belts
May fit a low power LED light to it for night use. Since it has a charging system for the battery of course i cannot see why i cant run something like a 15W light bar like you get at princess auto and the like.

As the 5 HP that is in the Allis does burn oil and should probably see an overhaul in the near future i will look more into the idea of getting ahold of the spare 5 Hp or 8 hp engine that i mentioned in the thread earlier. I may also still look into the idea of replacing the mower deck on it with a plow as mentioned before. If i do so i will look more into the idea of getting a snowblower engine with electric start from Princess auto to repower it.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 01-28-2021, 02:00 PM   #27

I'll be nosing around some garage sales here this Spring for another lawn tractor project. I gave the last one (with a new Lowes cart) to a dear friend who was still wheel barrowing everything up and down here hill. The mower deck was roached so I ditched it. She just needed a gas-driven mule.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-28-2021, 05:16 PM   #28

Quote:
I'll be nosing around some garage sales here this Spring for another lawn tractor project. I gave the last one (with a new Lowes cart) to a dear friend who was still wheel barrowing everything up and down here hill. The mower deck was roached so I ditched it. She just needed a gas-driven mule.

Ultimately that is what may happen with the Allis. there is a grass collection cart to it that i can get my hands on. Basically the thought path on this is use one of the other mowers to actually do our property then use the allis to lug the cart around to collect the cuttings. Though i may be able to adapt the cart to one of the others.

Which brings me back to the idea of adapting the Allis to be a plow tractor for snow removal. I kinda have it worked out in my head as to how to fit the plow frame in such a way that it allows the machine to be dual purpose. Though it is kind of pointless to be given i would obviously have the other mowers. None the less the idea would be to use the lifting mechanism from the mower deck for said blade, Probably design the plow frame to accept some sort of weight up front as well so it can dig in. Since it is a rear engine it does have the advantage of having a fair bit of weight on its rear tires.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)