Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2018, 02:48 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Yessir, he is definitely a huge help for all of you Storm guys on here. We have had plenty of Hawkers for a while, but nobody has really stepped up to the plate to document information on the Storm until he came along.
Yeah I'm a huge fan of this forum do to all the info. No drama so far and there is always someone willing to help without hesitation!!!

Old 06-23-2018, 11:26 AM   #32

Thank's for the kind word boths of you! I Have some more vids planned I just am short on time or the heat keeps me out of the garage.

Here is the link to the H4 I bought that comes with the adapers, I did have to grind the tabs a little and then I glued it in place.

If I ever do need to replace it it will be much easier and these universal H4's are everywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
is there a 3 prong female connector on the back of the oem grey palstic bulb holder? if not cut em and splice.
I decided to cut and splice once I thought about how often I will have to replace it, It says it can have a life span up 30,000 hours so I think I'm good for a few weeks...

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 06-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #33

I like the orange! I am also looking at the storm, i am a short dude. Have found some storms in Salt Lake, as am only a few hours away. Going to go look at them, they want about 1900.00 assembled, and jetted for our altitude. Then the 6% tax. Have studied the CSCTT250, but dont know if it is worth the extra $$$$. Like megadan talked about refurb motor cyles, I cant find a decent used jap bike, without spending more dollars to rebuild, in a decent price range. I found a complete rebuilt tw200, 1989 i think, for a couple thousand, 4 hour drive. I hope there is as many aftermarket parts for the storm, as the hawk. Any more thought?

Old 06-23-2018, 01:27 PM   #34

Thanks to cravin01 for your videos! The cat modification is kool, except if my wife caught me with parts on the kitchen table, hmmmm would be a bad day! We are lucky to have our own shop and welding equipment. Oh, forgot to mention cravin 2nd amendment shirt! We are also firearms instructors, and staunch 2nd amendment supporters as well. Very nice!

Old 06-23-2018, 03:06 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post
I like the orange! I am also looking at the storm, i am a short dude. Have found some storms in Salt Lake, as am only a few hours away. Going to go look at them, they want about 1900.00 assembled, and jetted for our altitude. Then the 6% tax. Have studied the CSCTT250, but dont know if it is worth the extra $$$$. Like megadan talked about refurb motor cyles, I cant find a decent used jap bike, without spending more dollars to rebuild, in a decent price range. I found a complete rebuilt tw200, 1989 i think, for a couple thousand, 4 hour drive. I hope there is as many aftermarket parts for the storm, as the hawk. Any more thought?
Yeah the storm is pretty good but if your 5'-6" and under its way to tall. I'll be doing the seat mod to shave off 2". From what I hear the magician is the shortest ride height. As far as parts they all pretty much share the same frame so parts are available. If you need anything else just ask away here, these guys will help you as much as they can.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #36

My storm comes in Thursday and I'm already dreading adding my aftermarket samdo speedo . ill post a lot of my storm, the assembly and the speedo mod. I'll be taking a few days to assemble the bike though to make sure I go over everything with locktite and speedo will take me hoursss

Old 06-23-2018, 11:22 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalorider View Post
My storm comes in Thursday and I'm already dreading adding my aftermarket samdo speedo . ill post a lot of my storm, the assembly and the speedo mod. I'll be taking a few days to assemble the bike though to make sure I go over everything with locktite and speedo will take me hoursss
From what I'm looking at, it doesn't seem to bad. My speedo is coming next week so we'll be in the same boat

Old 06-24-2018, 01:55 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyccooldude View Post
Yeah the storm is pretty good but if your 5'-6" and under its way to tall. I'll be doing the seat mod to shave off 2". From what I hear the magician is the shortest ride height. As far as parts they all pretty much share the same frame so parts are available. If you need anything else just ask away here, these guys will help you as much as they can.
Magician has a 31-32" seat height, only 3 or so inches lower than the Hawk, which makes it about the same height as a Storm. The one thing the Magician does have is a narrower seat, which makes it easier to get your feet down.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:10 AM   #39

these seat hights are unladen spec hights..
the real world hight when seated is a lot lower...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 06-24-2018, 03:49 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
these seat hights are unladen spec hights..
the real world hight when seated is a lot lower...

I'm 5'-2" 165lbs I need a lower ride lol

Old 06-24-2018, 11:19 PM   #41

Quote:
Noob Question in 3-2-1
Why exactly do I need one?

The Chinese just know that when there products are delivered, that they will automatically begin to take care of all the basic care and feeding of the mechnicals. Now this may have changed with the younger generations of Chinese countryman ..as in this country since there is now a middle class, like ours in the us , that will expect everything to be perfect. Back to China manufacturing, imagine the guy that has put in 9 hrs or so of building wheels. Figure he has to make his quota for the day and is behind the count and has 30 min left in his/her shift. The fat man is keeping an eye on you anyway and is expecting you to produce. You shift in to high gear and mistakenly miss one or two spokes that were only finger tightened but no big deal, it will be in the crate on the forklift is the next 7 min to be carted off the the Warehouse. The next time it sees the light of day is your bright smiling face ready to give it hell around the neighborhood. Then suddenly pow, rear tire goes flat and wonky...gee wonder how that happened. im a little wonky too.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-25-2018, 12:10 AM   #42

Basically tightening up the spokes

Old 06-25-2018, 10:16 PM   #43

Quote:
Basically tightening up the spokes
Yes, you can ping them to get correct tension. Watch a few you tube vids for info.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-25-2018, 11:34 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Yes, you can ping them to get correct tension. Watch a few you tube vids for info.
Will do. Thanks for the heads up