Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2018, 12:00 PM   #1

So annoyed and frustrated (APSCUSA) Bashan Storm

Hello guys my storm still never came in and I NEVER once got a shipping date or tracking info like I was promised almost a month ago, I have been patient but I dont know what else I can do. I have called about 4-5 times already, just to get told the same thing....."we will email you tomorrow with shipping we promise" to "I think it already shipped im just waiting for confirmation" to "I think Don is actually working on tracking emails right now". What the heck is going on, if anyone can help out at all please let me know what else I can do. As I type this msg, I actually just got an email saying my order is processing BUT I have ordered almost a month ago. Did anyone have major complications and a lack of whats going on? again, yes i know they have problems with the shipper blah blahh but why cant these stores just tell consumers hey, we have ran into trouble please give us a few weeks to even give you a tracking number. It is terrible to keep telling someone over and over "alright tomorrow it will ship" then you call a week later and they say "alright tomorrow it will ship" ive had it.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:04 PM   #2

WOW after typing all of that.....a minute later my shipping stuff came in email...don must have read my mind. It says pick up date 6/21/2018, does that mean when I have to pick it up or when its being picked up from them?

Old 06-20-2018, 12:32 PM   #3

lol, they must be lurkers here

Old 06-20-2018, 01:06 PM   #4

Pick-up is when it will be loaded for shipping by the transporter.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
lol, they must be lurkers here
He is a member on here but hasn't been on since the end of last year. May have looked at your thread without login in.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #6

This seems to be the biggest and most repeated complaint with APSCUSA. People either get their stuff within a week, or spend a month or longer just waiting for their bike to ship. Talk about inconsistent...

Old 06-20-2018, 02:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
This seems to be the biggest and most repeated complaint with APSCUSA. People either get their stuff within a week, or spend a month or longer just waiting for their bike to ship. Talk about inconsistent...
Have you noticed the trend? It seem to only happen when it's a Bashan bike. May just be an issue with getting shipped out the warehouse in California or where ever they are shipping out. If you noticed that most of the Hawks get shipped quick which come out of Texas.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #8

I was assuming it may have something to do with their cash flow and credit limits with suppliers.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:59 PM   #9

The history of those guys has been (if I remember correctly):
At first, they were about the best, most responsive and friendly people out there. Members sang Don's praises. Bikes were shipped quickly and lots of communication.

Then one day, something with the financial processing went south. Many people here who had bikes on order ended up getting their money back and APSCUSA gladly refunded their money, no hassle and were apologetic about the situation.

Then after that, they have been sketchy at best and sometimes, one of the worst offenders, when TXP has usually held that award. I'm not exactly sure what happened but they sank quickly.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-20-2018, 03:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
The history of those guys has been (if I remember correctly):
At first, they were about the best, most responsive and friendly people out there. Members sang Don's praises. Bikes were shipped quickly and lots of communication.

Then one day, something with the financial processing went south. Many people here who had bikes on order ended up getting their money back and APSCUSA gladly refunded their money, no hassle and were apologetic about the situation.

Then after that, they have been sketchy at best and sometimes, one of the worst offenders, when TXP has usually held that award. I'm not exactly sure what happened but they sank quickly.
that makes me wonder if venom has sold out too. i have used them since january and love their customer support and sales dept. i was chatting on their chat tool yesterday and i was asking for 'vince' like i always have before....well the person who picked up with me in chat tool was named 'manny'...omfg! noooooo! please dont tell me venom is now 'manny' ran! isn't 'manny' the famous call name to txpowersports customer support?

Old 06-20-2018, 03:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
...omfg! noooooo! please dont tell me venom is now 'manny' ran! isn't 'manny' the famous call name to txpowersports customer support?
If so, this is truly horrible news. Manny has many of these outfits. Azhule has the entire lowdown on the guy.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-20-2018, 07:14 PM   #12

Frustrated

I can so relate to your frustration...and with the same company.....It seemed like I was told the same thing as you.....Yes, my bike finally arrived. However, I must tell you that I have now run into problems with my bike. My bike one day decided to not shut off when I turned the key. It kept running my battery down. I finally figured out that my remote alarm (Under the seat) had malfunctioned causing my ignition to be useless. I replaced the ignition..It did nothing. I finally just unplugged the remote alarm/start and everything worked as it should. They would not replace my remote...saying it was out of warranty.... I literally dealt with them 4-5 months to try and get this resolved. Secondly, please realize that you will not find parts directly related to the Bashan Storm....Roketa does not have this bike listed. No body at APSCUSA or Roketa has specific parts for this specific bike...They say take a picture of what you are needing and we will see what we got. I.E. I need the battery bracket...because I broke it when I was installing a slightly bigger battery. " Take a picture of what you need..and we will see what we got.?" Really?? How about looking at your other Bashan Storms or better yet...How about these parts have an item number where you can locate the exact part we need for our Bashan??? Sorry to vent...but I understand your frustration...and unfortunately, you will likely continue to have difficulty.... The forum is a good place for advice. Best of luck

Old 06-20-2018, 09:29 PM   #13

I also had some problems getting straight answers from this dealer and little bit of runaround also.

Unlike LShane I was aware of the lack of parts listed as Bashan Storm parts. I knew it was from China and support would be nonexistent, but I see enough access to parts online to to handle anything I think I'll come across. for me its a complete do it yourselfer.

As far as the bike goes I would say it's really nice and I like it a lot, In fact I just got off of it from a milk and soda run for dinner tonight. two bungee cords and a milk create and I'm ready to run little errands in seconds.

Once the bike gets to you all of this will kinda be just another less than satisfied experience but still with a happy ending!

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LShane View Post
I can so relate to your frustration...and with the same company.....It seemed like I was told the same thing as you.....Yes, my bike finally arrived. However, I must tell you that I have now run into problems with my bike. My bike one day decided to not shut off when I turned the key. It kept running my battery down. I finally figured out that my remote alarm (Under the seat) had malfunctioned causing my ignition to be useless. I replaced the ignition..It did nothing. I finally just unplugged the remote alarm/start and everything worked as it should. They would not replace my remote...saying it was out of warranty.... I literally dealt with them 4-5 months to try and get this resolved. Secondly, please realize that you will not find parts directly related to the Bashan Storm....Roketa does not have this bike listed. No body at APSCUSA or Roketa has specific parts for this specific bike...They say take a picture of what you are needing and we will see what we got. I.E. I need the battery bracket...because I broke it when I was installing a slightly bigger battery. " Take a picture of what you need..and we will see what we got.?" Really?? How about looking at your other Bashan Storms or better yet...How about these parts have an item number where you can locate the exact part we need for our Bashan??? Sorry to vent...but I understand your frustration...and unfortunately, you will likely continue to have difficulty.... The forum is a good place for advice. Best of luck
Its great to hear others stories too so its not a problem at all! Luckily I am very mechanically inclined and ive owned a china bike before with no major problems at all. Once the Bike is in my hands I can make anything work with a little thinking and jimmyrigging haha it finally shipped and will be here next week on thursday.....almost a freaking month later. this forum is awesome and ill be keeping yous updated when it gets here, setting up the bike, any help I may need and ill take lots of pics!

Old 06-20-2018, 11:29 PM   #15

Thumbs Up

Hope for smooth sailing
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~