Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2020, 11:03 PM   #1

1800 miles on the 2020 Brozz 250

1800 miles and three oil changes down since April. Tightened the chain about 5 times, lost a heat shield screw and bolt for tool box. Steel wired both instead of replacing screw.
Had battery die twice, didn’t like to charge. I pulled the alarm and remote start and battery has been great since. Replaced tail lightbulb with LED. Sourcing a working led headlight replacement, led bulb swap failed, don’t know if bulb, bike or me.
Headlight is basically worthless, can’t see more then 30ft in front at night. Cars wash me out and cast shadows from behind. Tried adjusting, can’t find good spot for both dim and bright.
Changed clutch pedal after folding last one in half laying it down in yard. Bent handlebars twice on falls, bent back to close original, paint flaking at bends.
Changed spark plug this last oil change, boot is cracked need to replace. Old plug was whiteish at tip, no build up. Looks like lean running, or too hot.
Tightened spokes 1-2 a week at least.
Bright light button is faulty, won’t always stay on or switch, click is good, need to pull apart.
Noticing a small drop in power, speedo tops out at 68 now instead of 72.
Had bike run real funny in a heavy rain. No real horsepower, idled bad, catalytic converter was glowing red while diagnosing on roadside, rev meter would flash odd bars and then disappear. Would be fine for two minutes then need to sit for ten. Dried out after two days in the sun and ran fine. Don’t know what shorted, but got some dielectric grease and have been touching up connections as I go.
Gas tank lid bolts are starting to rust and some water sits in cap area. Keyhole for tank is stiff, have to lean on latch side to ease release. Have felt the key flex.
All in all, still fun, still learning. Drove up to bonfire in field and nobody heard me pull up and park 10 ft behind them. Got crap for stealth bike.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:18 PM   #2

About that alarm and remote start- i do not want or need either of those, so i already planned to unplug that stuff, question i have is, is there an elec start button on the bars you can use if you de-activate the remote start fob, or are you limited to only kick start if you disconnect the remote start ?

If there isnt i can just wire one up but i am hoping there is one on the bars . I have my name on the list for August to get a Brozz 250 in Blue ,they are all sold out now

but i am ordering parts now to have them all here ready to go for when they come in , in August .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 06-28-2020, 01:57 AM   #3

When you take that stuff off, is there any gear that goes with it? Relays, control box?

I'd be interested to see if it could be installed on my TT250. I might even be willing to buy the equipment off of you to give it a shot.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:07 AM   #4

for the 8 days and 100 miles I owned a 2018 Brozz, I found the remote starter to be a neat joke. No good for when you want to warm up on a cold morning. No good unless you are willing to leave your gas on and your choke on from the night before. Only time it would be any good is if you had the bike already warmed up and you were making a quick stop into a store and leave the gas on. Plus, since the bike startes with the key out, I found you could drive off without the key and then maybe want it later.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:40 PM   #5

As far as the loss of power, have you adjusted your throttle cable? Check the freeplay. My stock cable stretched a good bit throwing the freeplay off.
The stock chain pissed me off. I adjusted it what seemed like 50 million times and always loosened up and stretched. I just recently changed it out so will
see how the new decent, but still budget minded-ish, Oring chain works out.
As far as headlight, I upgraded to a LED and can provide a link if you want it. It is better than the stock one by far, but still sucks. Not a headlight for night rides. I mounted off road LED spots to the fender.
I think the fault with the headlight is the actual reflector and adjuster from factory. Just no good way to focus the beam.
How are your stock tires doing at 1800? Mine are okay at almost 1500, but I've been searching for a tire and tube upgrade. Hard to find and still not sure what I should go with.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:14 AM   #6

Just search by the tire size that's already on it, you won't find much if you search 'Brozz 250 tires'. Try searching, say, 120/90-17 rear tire (if that's the size of the rear tire, it's just an example). You'll find dozens of options.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:59 AM   #7

Yes, I searched the tire size. Not many options for the odd sized rims that come on the Brozz.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:08 AM   #8

What are the sizes?

Old 06-30-2020, 06:09 PM   #9

90/90-19 front tire with 19 x 1.85 front rim
110-90/17 rear tire with 17 x 2.5 rear rim
I don't know what the tube sizes are.
I'd like aggressive tires but not full out knobbies. Something still street able.

Old 07-01-2020, 02:34 AM   #10

Pirelli MT60s are available in both sizes, though I'm not 100% sure if they're available in the states. Have you gone to a dealership to look at their tire catalogs? That would be the easiest way to find anything.

Old 07-04-2020, 06:55 AM   #11

I put 2.75-19 and 4.60-17 Shinko 244 on my Xpect 200 which has the same rims, even the new Hawk Dlx EFI uses this size. Yuanxing is the brand that they favor, pretty flimsy to feel with your hands when you take them off the rims.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:09 PM   #12

What size tubes did you go with?

Old 07-05-2020, 04:32 AM   #13

TR-6 2.75-3.00x19 and TR-6 4.50-5.10x17 Double Tough from Cycle Gear. Got tires and tubes shipped to the store near me to save on shipping. Came out to $132 and $6 for a 24" tire iron from Harbor Freight. You can do pry the front tire with almost anything but the rear is a tough one. Next time I change rear I will up tire size to 5.10-17 its about 1/2" taller and wider than 4.60-17. I've found out that these run the best at about 18-20 psi and not the 28-32 psi I ran on the old tires.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:41 PM   #14

Nice. Thanks for the info will help!

Old 07-05-2020, 07:43 PM   #15

Are you talking on road or off with those air pressures?