Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #1

Razz RE: the CSC BLOG-JOE's CHINA

Someone tell Joe that "gal" peacock, is in fact a "peacock" , ie., a MALE
the hens are brown
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #2

I've been following it as well. It's been a great trip so far. It gets me out of my tiny cubical at work for a few minutes. Nothing like a mental "China escape".

I thought they were going to be on the new 150's though????

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-03-2016, 10:44 AM   #3

Would have been neat to get a good endurance ride on the new 150 for us to drool and ponder over.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-03-2016, 01:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
Would have been neat to get a good endurance ride on the new 150 for us to drool and ponder over.
150's , that's going the wrong dam direction...more power arrr arrrrr,arrrrr !
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-03-2016, 02:56 PM   #5

Yeah, his blog is great! I pretty much check it out every day. He's a good writer.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 07-05-2016, 03:10 PM   #6

with all due respect, Joe better b careful of how much koolaid he's imbibing. when i was in china the first time, you couldn't get anywhere near a "person of tibetan descent in china" unless you visited a chinese prison facility or a graveyard, and travel to the tibetan plateau region was prohibited. I heard it had been something similar near the INdian BOrder. seems that like the old soviet union, there have been a number of genetically diverse peoples that weren't exactly enthralled about existing within either.
Now, to b fair, the tribes i have in my family tree weren't so hot on being within the United States either. I guess timing is everything.
still, towards the end of the VN war, and afterwards, I met quite a few more concerned ultimately about their "good friend" china, than about the US.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-05-2016, 04:03 PM   #7

I'm enjoying the heck out of his travels there. The food looks wonderful, though much of it looks hot as Hades too. I'm not a big "spicy" guy these days....but just the way they seem to celebrate eating as a social setting, as opposed to here just refueling, is cool. Reminds me of my older Italian family when I was a kid.

I've been fascinated with China since I did a book report on it in grade school. Not the political aspect but the culture and history of the people themselves. The artwork, buildings and gardens are spectacular. My local China Bike guy here (Doug) has been there a number of times on business and has shared his pics and stories with me. I'm glad Joe's there doing something I'll probably not get to and sharing it with us from his unique perspective.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 07-13-2016, 12:25 PM   #8

Thumbs Down

guys, go take a look at joe's blog at csc. those two humper camels grow increasingly rare,
and the lake of the crescent moon and surrounding areas are a marvel. he is one seriously lucky guy to have seen them. It is soo exciting to see the chinese opening up these areas to tourist traffic. I can only hope they do a turnaround and open up the south china sea...
apparently they have concluded ,however, that if the west will let putin get away w blatant expansionism, the west will do nothing to stop them from doing likewise. could b very dangerous. contrary to what the numbnuts obama crowd fervently believes, equality in power does not equal peace, but war. doesn't anyone remember high school?
NOBODY picks a fight w the strongest kid on the playground UNLESS he thinks he's as strong or stronger. and before someone tosses out the "thats why the country needs a woman" bs.. they must never have seen two (or more) women really fight. it is Vicious!
conflict is NOT sexist.
problem is now obama and States' policies have created circumstances where a "swaggering " china thinks they can now take on the US.
they are wrong, but proving that to them may /is going to get a LOT of people killed:(
nobel peace prize my azz..........

Old 07-13-2016, 03:50 PM   #9

I now have people at work, who have zero interest in motorcycles, following Joe's blog of his China trip. Really cool..............

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 07-14-2016, 07:44 AM   #10

Crying

gotta tell u 2LZ, been a few decades since I was last there but Joe Really is having the trip of a lifetime, especially govt sponsored! which is THE way to go. still, got him beat so far tho. I got to go thru the THREE GORGES part of the Yangtse before the dam put the best parts underwater and caused the 'relocation' of hundreds of thousands and the obliteration of a bunch of chinese history:(. Still considered one of if not THE most scenic areas of china, in my memory, it was one of the Wonders of the World.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
guys, go take a look at joe's blog at csc. those two humper camels grow increasingly rare,
and the lake of the crescent moon and surrounding areas are a marvel. he is one seriously lucky guy to have seen them. It is soo exciting to see the chinese opening up these areas to tourist traffic. I can only hope they do a turnaround and open up the south china sea...
apparently they have concluded ,however, that if the west will let putin get away w blatant expansionism, the west will do nothing to stop them from doing likewise. could b very dangerous. contrary to what the numbnuts obama crowd fervently believes, equality in power does not equal peace, but war. doesn't anyone remember high school?
NOBODY picks a fight w the strongest kid on the playground UNLESS he thinks he's as strong or stronger. and before someone tosses out the "thats why the country needs a woman" bs.. they must never have seen two (or more) women really fight. it is Vicious!
conflict is NOT sexist.
problem is now obama and States' policies have created circumstances where a "swaggering " china thinks they can now take on the US.
they are wrong, but proving that to them may /is going to get a LOT of people killed:(
nobel peace prize my azz..........
preach the word brother !

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 07-25-2016, 11:17 AM   #12

Went to check the blog this morning and well, what-da-ya-know!?
Volcano made the blog..... ;-)

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 07-28-2016, 05:08 PM   #13

I know the camera's supposed to add 10 pounds but Joe looks like he's lost a ton of weight on this trip...even with all that food!

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 07-28-2016, 05:30 PM   #14

I love seeing the pictures of folks riding their scooters and motorcycles around. I'd love to see more city shots if he can arrange them too, but he's probably too busy riding when in the city for it to be practical. And the news of the RZ3 is pretty awesome! I wonder if they will have to do the full CARB/EPA testing again since it's the same engine as the RX3 and RC3. It'd be awesome if they didn't have to.

Current: CSC TT250