Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #1

Thumbs Up heads up on 'cheep' waterproof/shockproof /dustproof phone

hey guys, Check youtube for the Kyocera Hydro phone. can get from Cricket (budget ATT company) for 40 bucks.20 gigLTE speed data plan is 60 bucks. has all the gps/Android 5.1 stuff you want, 5" screen microsoft maps etc. looks like a good deal for a moto instead of a 3-400 buck dedicated gps.AND.......
you can make phone calls LOL
mine arrives in about 30 minutes. 2day free shipping.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 08-01-2016, 11:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
hey guys, Check youtube for the Kyocera Hydro phone. can get from Cricket (budget ATT company) for 40 bucks.20 gigLTE speed data plan is 60 bucks. has all the gps/Android 5.1 stuff you want, 5" screen microsoft maps etc. looks like a good deal for a moto instead of a 3-400 buck dedicated gps.AND.......
you can make phone calls LOL
mine arrives in about 30 minutes. 2day free shipping.

And the mount?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-02-2016, 10:19 AM   #3

Please let us now how it works after you tried it out ,often the cheap phones look good on paper but don't work worth a crap .

Old 08-03-2016, 01:18 PM   #4

works well got a lot less "crap" on it than your normal big carrier phone. its Very fast. 2 cameras, pictures fine, but best thing is the cameras can do a lot of things- timelapse, zoom, all sorts of stuff and has a led flash/flood.camera ,and apparently everything else, works under water If you get one of these, get a 64gig fast mem chip also, as it lets you store the data from most of your programs on the chip, instead of using your internal mem.
Thing takes go pro like vids with ease. has both current gps systems and i loaded up the US topo program to figure out where I am when off exploring on all the trails round here. so far, no negs to me. sound is good and loud.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 08-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #5

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post

And the mount?
looking round for the most secure one i can find.