Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2016, 08:34 AM   #1

I know I'm old and grumpy, but...

... this can't be right:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2...-ride-command/

Old 08-11-2016, 10:37 AM   #2

One of the reasons I walked away from big cruisers. My Vic TC was about a "boat-ish" as I wanted to get. Give me just a windshield, the motor song will be my stereo.

On the other hand, the long distance guys will really like this. I'm sure a cell phone will plug into it as well. Polaris/Victory/Indian is making a hell of a product.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-11-2016, 12:33 PM   #3

It almost looks like an April Fools joke.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-11-2016, 01:39 PM   #4

Good Lord!

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 08-11-2016, 09:11 PM   #5

Ya recon it will play Space Invaders ?

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-12-2016, 12:49 AM   #6

Whoa
---Thomas Sowell
Zongshen Storm V-250
The Zong and Winding Road

Old 08-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #7

Thumbs Down

This is pretty funny. you know i've always considered job 1 on a motorcycle to NOT get yourself killed by doing something stupid like not watching the road. This is not to say I don't appreciate some of the innovations added by the mc industry over the years but today's need to do anything flashy to get a sale is getting ridiculous.
Out in the garage, I have a tourer with a ton of "stuff" on it which actually proves usefull: Wind screen, full fairing,full and functional cockpit temperature adjusting vents , full perimeter stainless crash protection, heated grips, noise canceling CB, Stereo,Intercom w passenger, adjustable air suspension, shaftdrive, remote rider operated headlight adjustment, lockable hard bags with soft luggage instantly removable inserts,lockable-quick removable hard trunk with passenger padding and full range waterproof speakers and armrests, a full 'makeup' mirror, special item mini luggage packs, lockable external sunglass misc compartments and even cupholders "slow flat" tires which give you time enough to get down from speed and parked before they go. Got a full electronic dash that instantly tells you everything you ever wanted to know about your speed, engine, etc. etc. etc. to the point that it's so instantly visible and readable, it's sometimes dangerous at night cause all the cars around you want to get up close to look at it!!! LOL.
All this new fangled STUFF, right?

, not to mention a DOHC six cylinder fuel injected motor that reminds you of a racing porsche, both as to exhaust roar and the 'grab your azz' rush to stratospheric speeds, and wonder of wonder a fully functional and eminently useful, centerstand!!

soooo, guess what! well ALL this stuff came Stock, on the bike from the factory,
in 1983!
so the best thing the motorcycle industry has come up with in what, 32 years? is a sure to get someone killed video display?

as A VERY tough, smart man once said,
"INCLUDE ME OUT!!"
(Sam Goldwyn, he of the MetroGoldwynMayer fame)
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 08-12-2016, 12:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
Out in the garage, I have a tourer with a ton of "stuff" on it which actually proves usefull: Wind screen, full fairing,full and functional cockpit temperature adjusting vents , full perimeter stainless crash protection, heated grips, noise canceling CB, Stereo,Intercom w passenger, adjustable air suspension, shaftdrive, remote rider operated headlight adjustment, lockable hard bags with soft luggage instantly removable inserts,lockable-quick removable hard trunk with passenger padding and full range waterproof speakers and armrests, a full 'makeup' mirror, special item mini luggage packs, lockable external sunglass misc compartments and even cupholders "slow flat" tires which give you time enough to get down from speed and parked before they go. Got a full electronic dash that instantly tells you everything you ever wanted to know about your speed, engine, etc. etc. etc. to the point that it's so instantly visible and readable, it's sometimes dangerous at night cause all the cars around you want to get up close to look at it!!! LOL.
All this new fangled STUFF, right?

, not to mention a DOHC six cylinder fuel injected motor that reminds you of a racing porsche, both as to exhaust roar and the 'grab your azz' rush to stratospheric speeds, and wonder of wonder a fully functional and eminently useful, centerstand!!
Wow, I bet all this weighs about as much a racing Porsche

Old 08-12-2016, 05:59 PM   #9

Grin

LOL, ur about half right
I put it on a scale once with a full tank (7gallons if I remember right)
bout 1015 lbs.
It is indeed a BIG bike, and NOT for the faint of heart to ride partly because its damned tall..
Once its rolling or out on the open road, it is amazingly comfortable and not terribly difficult to ride..BUT In a gravel parking lot with any grade to it, though, it seems life-threatening. If it goes over takes the proverbial "three men and a small boy" to pick it up. Bought it in my prime, just under 6'4 and 225 lbs. of sixpack toting army combat ranger badness, and it was still a helluva big bike.
my bro at about 185, was and remains unable to put it up on the centerstand, just not enough weight to lever it up (its a two step design).
one of my favorite memories,of my divorce,was when the wife's new guy was over and accidentally bumped it over in the dark with his mercedes, in what was then still 'my' garage. my then 5 year old son (one day to become a combat Pathfinder-Ranger himself called me up and told me bout it and that I needed to hurry over and pickit back up. seems that the new guy at his 'california beachmaster 'athletic 6'5- 250'ish, was unable to pick it up LOL That memory is probably the reason I still keep it some 33 years laterLOL
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 08-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #10

I guess back in 1983 bikers were indeed bikers, unlike today

Old 08-14-2016, 01:07 AM   #11

Boy....listen to you guys. Almost sound like someone who hates China Bikes just because they don't "get it". ;-) I hate to tell you but we aren't their market.

Personally, if I was into the electronics, I'd think this was bad ass....and being fairly well-versed in Polaris/Vic/Indian, I can tell you it's probably superior to what the competition is offering....and it is about staying ahead of their domestic competition.

Think about it....Milinials can't find a Starbucks on every corner without a handheld device....and there are many high income types who will suck this up....

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 08-14-2016, 03:07 AM   #12

Thumbs Down

Still 2lz, bet you a dollar to a peanut, this is going to get someone killed. :(

Old 08-14-2016, 11:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
Still 2lz, bet you a dollar to a peanut, this is going to get someone killed. :(
Oh! No doubt there SeerAtlas! I mean....as motorcyclists we ALL saw how the streets went to hell the day the first cage driver held a cell phone. Suddenly everyone was drunk and blind! I don't even like following a rider who has a GPS mounted to their bars they're staring at. This will add a whole new distraction.
Like I said earlier, I'll take a windshield at the most and let the motor be my stereo.....

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 08-15-2016, 12:20 AM   #14

---Thomas Sowell
Zongshen Storm V-250
The Zong and Winding Road