Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #1

I am still alive...kinda...

Hey Guys...

I know i kinda dropped off of the map a couple months ago. A lot of things changed not long after i picked up my XL185. First things first i moved to a new house with the fiancee. We moved from renting a bedroom in the old place to a full 2 bedroom basement suite which resulted in me gaining an office/man cave of sorts. During this transition i ended up hauling my bikes along with the Rat rod and the old Chevy C10 out to a friends place. Soon after all that we got married in July. After that i enrolled in the Harley Davidson Riding academy and passed it. Yesterday i took my licensing tests to get properly licensed for where i live and passed it. Now that i have gotten you all caught up with that stuff here is the other stuff. I ended up picking up a little Ford Ranger to run around town with to take some stress off of my Honda Odyssey as well as free it up for the wife to drive to work occasionally. Now that i am done rambling heres hoping i can get back to things and working on my bikes...On that note...there are possibly two more bikes on the way...One for sure..the other is an unknown at the moment. The for sure bike will make my fellow china riders grin...i looked at a 2008 Honda CBR125R yesterday. I'm just hoping it is still there when i get paid on the 12th.

Onward and upward from this point
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 08-18-2016, 07:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Hey Guys...

I know i kinda dropped off of the map a couple months ago. A lot of things changed not long after i picked up my XL185. First things first i moved to a new house with the fiancee. We moved from renting a bedroom in the old place to a full 2 bedroom basement suite which resulted in me gaining an office/man cave of sorts. During this transition i ended up hauling my bikes along with the Rat rod and the old Chevy C10 out to a friends place. Soon after all that we got married in July. After that i enrolled in the Harley Davidson Riding academy and passed it. Yesterday i took my licensing tests to get properly licensed for where i live and passed it. Now that i have gotten you all caught up with that stuff here is the other stuff. I ended up picking up a little Ford Ranger to run around town with to take some stress off of my Honda Odyssey as well as free it up for the wife to drive to work occasionally. Now that i am done rambling heres hoping i can get back to things and working on my bikes...On that note...there are possibly two more bikes on the way...One for sure..the other is an unknown at the moment. The for sure bike will make my fellow china riders grin...i looked at a 2008 Honda CBR125R yesterday. I'm just hoping it is still there when i get paid on the 12th.

Onward and upward from this point
congrads on the course and test !! oh , and wife.

also, that "wife" signature quote was epic
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-18-2016, 09:37 PM   #3

congrats. Oh man was I nervous when I saw this title. You in a hospital bed was the first thing that crossed my mind. Good to hear it is only the slow painful death many of us endure.... Marriage

Just kidding Ive been married 20 years and it is great, just make sure you married your best friend and it will all be good.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #4

Hey DR! I waved at you yesterday as I was flying back from Saskatoon.

Congrats on getting married and finding a new place; best of luck in the future.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-19-2016, 05:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
congrads on the course and test !! oh , and wife.

also, that "wife" signature quote was epic
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
congrats. Oh man was I nervous when I saw this title. You in a hospital bed was the first thing that crossed my mind. Good to hear it is only the slow painful death many of us endure.... Marriage

Just kidding Ive been married 20 years and it is great, just make sure you married your best friend and it will all be good.
Yea...the title can be a bit misleading my bad on that one. I was half dead from exhaustion when i typed it up. And yea i def get what you mean about the best friend part of it. I managed to luck out and do just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Hey DR! I waved at you yesterday as I was flying back from Saskatoon.

Congrats on getting married and finding a new place; best of luck in the future.
Thanks Weld! I must say it is nice to have a nice driveway to park a bike on now....Hmmm whats next after the two possible purchases...maybe a Zong in some flavor come next summer...
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)