Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #16

Well I'm sorry Dan but if you think this means you're allowed to leave Chinariders you're wrong, you'll just have to steal it back

In all seriousness I hope this doesn't inconvenience you badly; look at it another way, it could have been your Viffer.

I'm sure your CB adventures are not over.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:27 AM   #17

Once again I am at a loss for words... there is a special place in Hell for Thieves

I will be keeping my eye out for a HAWK for sale in our area on the several "Craigslist" like sites we have now

Hope you get it back soon

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:12 AM   #18

Sounds like it was jacked by a bunch of worthless dope heads. I hope for a full recovery of the bike unmolested.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:27 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Don't worry, They will sell that rare bike to some crack head for twice what it's worth. lol I do hope you find it and get it back. I wonder how they stole it. Did you have the steering locked? Otherwise they would of had to throw it in back of a pick up or trailer.
Thieves just piss me off to no end. At one time I lived in a neighborhood that was so bad that at least twice a week I would catch somebody on my property trying to steal or break in to my car and work truck. I had set up a buzzer on a motion detector to wake me up so I could catch them in the act. The cop told me if I ever caught them to go ahead and shoot them and he would help me drag them in the house. They were tired of messing with them too. They have broken into my house in the middle of a hurricane once and stole all my guns and electronic equipment.
Sorry for ranting in your post Megadan. Now I feel better.
3 men, 1 woman. Three vehicles. My bike was parked at the front of our lot in the bike specific parking straight in front of the glass doors across from the security desk. One spotter vehicle, one scout vehicle that came in, circled my bike rather obviously for a solid 4 or 5 minutes, including when they parked, walked up to my bike and struggled to move it with the steering lock engaged, got back in said vehicle, left, then returned with a silver pickup where they lifted it and tossed it in the back of a pickup in full sunlight in plain view with a person watching it happen.

My bike is the 6th one stolen from the lot in the last few years I guess, but the first one done so boldly. They had a plan to steal it, so I am pretty sure somebody that works at my company was involved somehow. I am also pretty sure the security guard on duty is about as competent as a rock. He was at the front desk the whole time.

It was an awful lot of effort for a cheap ass chinese bike.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
3 men, 1 woman. Three vehicles. My bike was parked at the front of our lot in the bike specific parking straight in front of the glass doors across from the security desk. One spotter vehicle, one scout vehicle that came in, circled my bike rather obviously for a solid 4 or 5 minutes, including when they parked, walked up to my bike and struggled to move it with the steering lock engaged, got back in said vehicle, left, then returned with a silver pickup where they lifted it and tossed it in the back of a pickup in full sunlight in plain view with a person watching it happen.

My bike is the 6th one stolen from the lot in the last few years I guess, but the first one done so boldly. They had a plan to steal it, so I am pretty sure somebody that works at my company was involved somehow. I am also pretty sure the security guard on duty is about as competent as a rock. He was at the front desk the whole time.

Wow, That's just crazy. Maybe the security guard needs to be investigated. He might be in on it.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-22-2018, 10:55 AM   #21

Megadan, Sorry this happened to you. Their is a slight chance i may have to come to Omaha in the next month and mine is still for sale. Honestly haven't tried marketing it much........

Old 05-22-2018, 11:36 AM   #22

Quote:
That was a lot of effort and people! Maybe it was a covert operation from spies of Honda America to steel back patent information to make something comparable to sell against the CB Revolution??

You'll get it back. Freaking tweeker dirtbags everywhere.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-22-2018, 11:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
Megadan, Sorry this happened to you. Their is a slight chance i may have to come to Omaha in the next month and mine is still for sale. Honestly haven't tried marketing it much........
I appreciate the offer, but my biggest issue is that my financial situation isn't congruant with purchasing a new Hawk any time soon. I spent the last bit of free money I had saved up on my VFR, and now there is no more overtime available to me at work, which was where most of that play money came from.

Basically, this screwed me pretty good. I was using my Hawk to commute because my Jeep needs some serious attention in order to be safe on the road. Having to drive it to work is a complete gamble, but I have no choice. I am also now nervous to park my VFR at work for obvious reasons, at least until I can afford some sort of extra security for it.

I am not holding out much hope of getting my bike back, or if I do it will be a total wreck that isn't worth saving.

I have had a few people offer to send me assistance, so I decided to setup a go fund me account. This isn't something I normally do, but at this point I don't know what else to do. I don't expect anything from anybody, so don't feel some sense of obligation to help.

This is the link to it if anybody does wish to try and help out. https://www.gofundme.com/newhawk250

If I do somehow end up with enough money from that to get a new one and my old bike is recovered, I will gladly part it out to help other members here, motor and all, for basically free.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #24

I installed a cheap Alarm I got from Amazon. Not that that will keep them from stealing it but may make them move on to an easier target. I've been thinking about how I could hook up something that will shock the crap out of them if the alarm goes off. As I stated earlier I had major problems with theft or attempted theft in the past. I borrowed one those shocking devises for an electric fence from work and hooked up to my car. 1st night I hooked it up the motion sensor set off the buzzer I had by my bed and the next thing I hear is some guy screaming. Never had anymore problems with them fooling with the car again.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-22-2018, 12:04 PM   #25

Quote:
I installed a cheap Alarm I got from Amazon. Not that that will keep them from stealing it but may make them move on to an easier target. I've been thinking about how I could hook up something that will shock the crap out of them if the alarm goes off. As I stated earlier I had major problems with theft or attempted theft in the past. I borrowed one those shocking devises for an electric fence from work and hooked up to my car. 1st night I hooked it up the motion sensor set off the buzzer I had by my bed and the next thing I hear is some guy screaming. Never had anymore problems with them fooling with the car again.
Oh, if only I could do that...

I am looking at a security chain and lock now before I will even consider parking my VFR at work. The problem is, the good ones aren't cheap! There is a post anchored into the ground that I can secure it to. Still might not stop them if they really want it, but it will at least stop them from simply tossing it into a truck. That combined with an alarmed disc lock would hopefully be enough of a deterrant. Problem is having the money to get them now. Like I said, this screwed me pretty good.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Oh, if only I could do that...

I am looking at a security chain and lock now before I will even consider parking my VFR at work. The problem is, the good ones aren't cheap! There is a post anchored into the ground that I can secure it to. Still might not stop them if they really want it, but it will at least stop them from simply tossing it into a truck. That combined with an alarmed disc lock would hopefully be enough of a deterrant. Problem is having the money to get them now. Like I said, this screwed me pretty good.
Here's a link to the alarm I got. Very loud and sensitive. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #27

Man that sucks. Don't know why they don't come with alarms most little crappy scooters do. Weird I was watching YouTube vids and one dude was talking about 4 Hawks stolen on his area. 2017 video I think. Maybe they're parting them?

Old 05-22-2018, 12:53 PM   #28

Well, if I do manage to get another Hawk anytime soon, that will be something installed during assembly. I don't care about the remote start, but the noise making aspect would be nice, and that is very cheap. I might just put one on my VFR with the most basic wiring possible. I still want to get a good security chain and lock in either case.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Well, if I do manage to get another Hawk anytime soon, that will be something installed during assembly. I don't care about the remote start, but the noise making aspect would be nice, and that is very cheap. I might just put one on my VFR with the most basic wiring possible. I still want to get a good security chain and lock in either case.
I had the remote start hooked up but only used it once when I first hooked it up. I ended up removing that portion of the wiring because if you started with the remote you had to use the remote to stop it. I did leave the wiring to kill the ignition so it can't be started if the does go off. Even with the siren behind one of the side panels it is still very loud. As in ear piercing loud. I think it's like 125 db
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-22-2018, 01:03 PM   #30

I am getting a disc brake lock after hearing this. Megadan, I am so sorry to hear this. I'm a karma guy. Those people have nothing to look forward to. Scum of the earth.

Quote:
Here's a link to the alarm I got. Very loud and sensitive. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1