Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2017, 04:17 PM   #1

Help me Find a Legitimate Dealer

Hey guys,

New to the forum but not china scoots. Got a Roketa Maui 50 and a TaoTao Cruiser 50.

Purchased my Roketa locally (Chicago Burbs) so no issues there. The Cruiser 50 however, I purchased from "powersportsdistro.com". Although I eventually got the scoot, after a ton of fuss and PayPal disputes the experience just left a bad taste when it comes to ordering scoots online.

I'm now in the market for a TaoTao Cruiser 150 and am trying to find the most trouble-free online seller to go though. Here's the sellers I have found that sell the model I am looking for, just looking to get opinions on them.

> scootermadness.com
> txpowersports.com
> birdysscootersandatvs.com
> superiorpowesports.com
> familygokarts.com

Thanks in advance for any advise / personal experience you can give. I have searched the forum, but there are so many posts about so many dealers and some of the posts don't have any actual experience with the sellers.

Happy Cruising!

Old 04-02-2017, 04:33 PM   #2

I had a perfect experience from PowerRideOutlet.com Even if they don't list the bike you want give them a call/email as it is most likely drop shippable from their distibutor. Same with any of the online retailers.

https://www.powerrideoutlet.com/

/

Old 04-02-2017, 04:37 PM   #3

I always shamelessly promote my friend Alan Tang from Excalibur Motorsports, but with a few disclaimers; 1) Excalibur's primary business is the US distributor for TGB 50cc scooters, and their primary business overall is wholesale, but they do have a retail license so can sell most any product they used to deal in before TGB, direct to customers--the reason I mention it is because they are NOT a retail business (but legally can and will sell retail), which means their website, to be honest, sucks but is not meant for end users anyway (don't expect superiorpowersports, powersportsmax, etc type website) www.atv4usa.com, but this is their main line http://www.atv4usa.com/tgb/.

2) As you can see their website shows some Taotao atvs, but Alan can get ANY Taotao product that is in the Chino warehouse (Taotao's largest warehouse because all their product ships through there after being unloaded from the Port of L.A. and is trucked to their headquarters in Dallas and wherever else they have a warehouse. Which means--Alan knows a couple of the people at the Chino warehouse (parts, warranty issues) but no where else--anything you would order from him would ship from So. Cal. which might make shipping the deal breaker vs. whatever warehouse one of the online retailers would ship out of to Chicago.

3) Prices are not necessarily comparable to the bargain basement retailers--however, you actually call and speak directly with Alan, and that is how he deals with you afterwards--the extra money you would spend is really like the worthless warranty that the online dealers try to upsell you on their sites when you are checking out. Actually, his prices are much lower than the added on worthless warranties the online dealers try to upsell you.

So, what I recommend--call Alan first 909-591-8800; what is the worse that can happen? You simply go with someone else if you think his price is too high. But, I encourage people to try him first.

Edit: Taotao's site no longer show either Cruiser, the 50 or 150, so not sure if the retailers haven't bought them up (doubtful as most every retailer drop-ships), so see if Alan can get one for you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-02-2017, 04:59 PM   #4

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice! You don't happen to have an email address for Alan do you? Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I always shamelessly promote my friend Alan Tang from Excalibur Motorsports, but with a few disclaimers; 1) Excalibur's primary business is the US distributor for TGB 50cc scooters, and their primary business overall is wholesale, but they do have a retail license so can sell most any product they used to deal in before TGB, direct to customers--the reason I mention it is because they are NOT a retail business (but legally can and will sell retail), which means their website, to be honest, sucks but is not meant for end users anyway (don't expect superiorpowersports, powersportsmax, etc type website) www.atv4usa.com, but this is their main line http://www.atv4usa.com/tgb/.

2) As you can see their website shows some Taotao atvs, but Alan can get ANY Taotao product that is in the Chino warehouse (Taotao's largest warehouse because all their product ships through there after being unloaded from the Port of L.A. and is trucked to their headquarters in Dallas and wherever else they have a warehouse. Which means--Alan knows a couple of the people at the Chino warehouse (parts, warranty issues) but no where else--anything you would order from him would ship from So. Cal. which might make shipping the deal breaker vs. whatever warehouse one of the online retailers would ship out of to Chicago.

3) Prices are not necessarily comparable to the bargain basement retailers--however, you actually call and speak directly with Alan, and that is how he deals with you afterwards--the extra money you would spend is really like the worthless warranty that the online dealers try to upsell you on their sites when you are checking out. Actually, his prices are much lower than the added on worthless warranties the online dealers try to upsell you.

So, what I recommend--call Alan first 909-591-8800; what is the worse that can happen? You simply go with someone else if you think his price is too high. But, I encourage people to try him first.

Edit: Taotao's site no longer show either Cruiser, the 50 or 150, so not sure if the retailers haven't bought them up (doubtful as most every retailer drop-ships), so see if Alan can get one for you.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #5

Here is his email:

excaliburmotorsports@gmail.com

Tell him 'Simon' sent you!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-02-2017, 11:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Here is his email:

excaliburmotorsports@gmail.com

Tell him 'Simon' sent you!
Those paragraphs deserve a commission ! By golly
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-02-2017, 11:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Those paragraphs deserve a commission ! By golly
I actually do it for slightly selfish reasons, as well as returning a favor; as far as returning a favor, Wade Liu (the now-absentee owner) gave me a heck of a deal for my TMEC 200 a few years back. Not to mention that I can get a new in the box TMEC 200, last of the Excalibur TMEC 200 (versus the current Sunright.net Denali TMEC XT200) for a heck of a deal; the catch is it has no wheels/tires which is no worry since I have my old bike to part out!

As far as selfish reasons--if I ever start a dealership or scooter rental business, or low-budget south-of-the-border ride and dump cheap dual sport business, I know I would be covered by them with wholesale bikes.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-03-2017, 05:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightyjebus View Post
Hey guys,

New to the forum but not china scoots. Got a Roketa Maui 50 and a TaoTao Cruiser 50.

Purchased my Roketa locally (Chicago Burbs) so no issues there. The Cruiser 50 however, I purchased from "powersportsdistro.com". Although I eventually got the scoot, after a ton of fuss and PayPal disputes the experience just left a bad taste when it comes to ordering scoots online.

I'm now in the market for a TaoTao Cruiser 150 and am trying to find the most trouble-free online seller to go though. Here's the sellers I have found that sell the model I am looking for, just looking to get opinions on them.

> scootermadness.com
> txpowersports.com
> birdysscootersandatvs.com
> superiorpowesports.com
> familygokarts.com

Thanks in advance for any advise / personal experience you can give. I have searched the forum, but there are so many posts about so many dealers and some of the posts don't have any actual experience with the sellers.

Happy Cruising!
I would avoid txpowersports if your looking for any kind of telephone or email support from the company. I did get my bikes in fine shape along with the paperwork so there is that. It did take alittle time but i eventually got what i paid for but im sure there are better options.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:22 PM   #9

Alright guys I'm going to try and order through Alan at Excalibur Motorsports. So far he has been great to deal with, the price he gave was fair and included shipping. Although I opted to pay via PayPal (as it offers another level of protection) which was an extra 4.5% fee, I feel its worth it for the safety it provides. Plus if you pay with PayPal credit, its 0% interest if payed in full within 6 months.

I emailed him around 6pm last night letting him know I would like to place the order and have yet to hear back. I will keep this thread updated with the buying and shipping progress, in hopes that it helps anyone else thinking of going through Alan @ Excalibur Motorsports.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:41 PM   #10

Ok guys, PayPal has been sent as of 5:30pm CST today (4/10/2017). Will post update as I have them!

Edit:
5:45pm CST (4/10/2017) order confirmation from Alan, bike will be loaded on a truck tomorrow!

Old 04-10-2017, 07:44 PM   #11

I have no issue with pay pal as a purchaser ,but why not a credit card to save the 4.5% ? If things go wrong ,a credit card company is going to fight for you .

Old 04-11-2017, 07:43 AM   #12

I believe there is also a fee for credit cards, the only way to avoid any fee is direct transfer / money order. Which clearly offers minimal protection if any.

Also if things go south and you prove you either received the incorrect product or it wasn't as described. Paypal normally sides with you the buyer and gets your money back, no questions asked.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:08 PM   #13

Ok, got an email from Alan at 4pm and my scooter got put on the truck yesterday evening. He provided a tracking number through R&L Carriers and I gave them a call, looks like it should be here next Monday (4/17)!

Also he has shipped the Bill of Sale and the MCO already too apparently.

Couldn't have asked for a smoother service to be honest. I will update more once the scoot and paperwork get here!

Old 04-14-2017, 11:00 AM   #14

Just got the phone call from R and L Carriers, scoot will be at my parents place between 2 and 5pm on Monday! Can't wait! I'll upload pictures as soon as I can. Been feverishly buying parts for it before it even shows up haha.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #15

Please report on it, if you feel so inclined. I remember when they showed up on Taotao's site, and then the pricing was so much lower than Ice Bear's Maddog, and then they disappeared?! Maybe them not publicizing them has something to do with some kind of legal issue with Ice Bear? Either way, I am not familiar with the quality of Ice Bear, but have read good things about Taotao, so I am guessing the engine will be top notch as far as being a Chinese scooter goes. I would just be interested to see how this model holds up over time.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150