Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2015, 04:54 PM   #1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I completely agree, hence my "boo" commentary above. I'm not agitated by the decision to mask their brand, but I am disappointed. I admire Zongshen, and I'd be pleased to have their name on my clutch cover.
As usual, I agree on all points. I hope my comments weren't misunderstood to be a disagreement with your 'boo.' I concur with you, and Tony. In fact, Tony said it much better, and much more concisely than I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
It's not a deal breaker by any means, but,

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-31-2015, 06:25 PM   #1622
Banned

Understand the rebranding...BUT

Zong needs to somehow separate from the pack, I'd think (not just by investing in R&D and then quality motorcycle construction). They have done that, IMHO, with the RX-3, especially.
IMHO (again, this bike catches on, (which I think is a given! We still have to "defend" the bikes to net troll morons spitting out 10 yr old BS info re quality.
Selfish of me...yah! sooo..

Spud, CERTAINLY has proven the reliability of the AIR/OIL cooled bikes. How much better should the water cooled bikes last?
Just my 2C, and its not a deal breaker for me by any stretch.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:32 PM   #1623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I would say there is an element of truth and reality there, but not necessarily with Zongshen. They (IMHO) are a breed apart from most Chinese manufacturers.

Despite rebranding, Zong makes an excellent product. Aside from the rebranding, they have total control over manufacturing and quality.
Yes I did make a sweeping generaliztion. I'm disappointed that both CSC and Zongshen didn't insist on calling it what it is. I would be proud to ride a Zong.

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 01-31-2015, 06:34 PM   #1624
Banned

masterlinks

I started in late 1960's off road age 10? My first DS was a 1971 Suzuki Gaucho!! Damn was I proud! and it'd do 60+ mph (indicated). It went Ind 64, many times!!Even got on I85!! back then hehe world cruiser...(if I chose) I thought..maybe so, in retro with its use/abuse and then my really WFO bro when he was 14. A really great rider (Wayne P) remembered him on that 50, doing a 56 mile Hare Scramble!! 42 yrs ago! (and Wayne won the "open class"! He (brother) finished, and is using that toughness and perseverance today.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:36 PM   #1625
Banned

Proud also, riding a ZOng!

Agreed Weld well stated/spoken.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:52 PM   #1626

Put some Zongshen decals on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
Yes I did make a sweeping generaliztion. I'm disappointed that both CSC and Zongshen didn't insist on calling it what it is. I would be proud to ride a Zong.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:44 PM   #1627

Quote:
I would be proud to ride a Zong.
Me too. I like the Zong logo (yeah, a little better), but the CSC logo is cool. And all props to them for running all the hurdles, hassles and risks of a new vehicle import.

Maybe not a lot of risk ... I think this bike is going to fly off the lot. I know if the RX3 was out last year, I would have bought it instead of my Vstrom 650. Not that I'm selling the strom. But I'll take the Cyclone offroad and maybe give my wife something faster than her 125 to ride with me

Old 02-01-2015, 01:45 AM   #1628

Hehe

Or we can do like a lot of KLR owner's do and put a BMW badge on it. Then we could tell people that asked what brand it was, its a Zongidoubleyou. Would that void my warranty? rj

Old 02-01-2015, 03:57 AM   #1629
Banned

Proud of my (soon to be:) ZOng also!

detours stated
"Maybe not a lot of risk ... I think this bike is going to fly off the lot."
I strongly agree with your statement, detours. What with the adv movement taking off in interest, aftermarket, and press coverage, coupled with there being NO competition from other manufacturers in the 1/4 liter size of adv bike, its unreal price to equipment VALUE quotient, proven/proving long distance "chops" (which will rapidly expand with USA riders racking up adv miles ASAP we get the bikes.) If they hold up (as I think they will of course), they will sell extremely well, IMHO. It looks like they already are, in other markets, based on assy line pic in the CSC blog, and articles on adv sites from Russia and other markets and countries!

Lets face it, guys..These bikes better be stone reliable stock and modded (within reason, of course, equal to Japanese quality and reliability, or t hats the ONLY thing that could make this venture fail or become shaky, IMHO. Right time, for the right product, at the right price.
Details are what sold me. EFI, big plus for best MPG and mod friendly tweaking. Already has large enough tank, panniers and case, larger stator, aux plugs for GPS and devices charging, PRICE to value ratio, and more. I was looking at wrr250 used, but this is cheaper to buy, and I don't immediately need another 2000+ for tank, hard cases wiring in GPS and phone charger, pssibly radar det. and more. Even at 3495, its a no brainer for me. I'm also loving the 250 size. Perfect for 2 lane 60mph to 65 cruise. Faster than that it will do, but that bike (and any other as well, is quickly less fun at 70+mph, IMHO due to wind blast, boredom (if on Interstate), etc. We have the ABILITY to Interstate is needed without harming the bikes, BUT, ideally, stay on the direct less traveled roads. Another plus on those roads is usually cheaper food (and better!, accomodations, and nicer, more appreciatve people of your stopping in and business. ALL plusses IMHO.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #1630

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Or we can do like a lot of KLR owner's do and put a BMW badge on it. Then we could tell people that asked what brand it was, its a Zongidoubleyou. Would that void my warranty? rj
Now we're talking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (6.4 KB, 143 views)

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 02-01-2015, 11:00 AM   #1631
Banned

What a DEAL..our RX-3's that is..

Found this, kicking around the net this AM for a possible used deal in case we get delayed unreasonably...
'99 Kawasaki KLR 250 Endo - 4k Original Mileage - $2500 (st pete)

Asking 2500 or best offer

Think I'm REALLY liking our deal even more on the NEW warranted 2 yrs, RX-3's! Not much more $ for a new, not 16 yrs old, bike!
No brainer for me.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:33 PM   #1632

I rather wait, it's nice though. With all of the stuff going on at the port of LA I figured I am going to get the new RX3 around May or June which is ok with me. I always take a long trip in July when it gets too hot here in Las Vegas.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:41 PM   #1633
Banned

My thoughts exactly

Posted at (bottom of reply), 16 yrs old, and almost same as early buyers pricing, w/o warranty, etc.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #1634

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Quote:
Now we're talking.
I'm not bothered by the CSC stickers; they are small and unobtrusive. If one wishes, he can easily peel them off and leave the bike without stickers, or he can substitute other stickers. Here are some BMW stickers I found on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-58MM-DIA...3D330781546896

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3307815...lpid=82&chn=ps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PAIR-OF-...3D301163768498

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-BMW-Motorc...3D301163768498

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-01-2015, 12:49 PM   #1635

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
Found this, kicking around the net this AM for a possible used deal in case we get delayed unreasonably...
'99 Kawasaki KLR 250 Endo - 4k Original Mileage - $2500 (st pete)

Asking 2500 or best offer

Think I'm REALLY liking our deal even more on the NEW warranted 2 yrs, RX-3's! Not much more $ for a new, not 16 yrs old, bike!
No brainer for me.
I have that bike, although mine is a '93. It's in pieces right now, but when I finish it, I'll likely ask $2500.00, and get close to that amount.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer