Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2015, 12:40 AM   #2371

Weldandgrind

I'll PM you so I'm not hijacking this thread.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:42 AM   #2372

One hour ago the Hanjin Germany was still hugging the Aleutian Archipelago, sailing east at 16.4 knots south of Unalaska Island. The city of Unalaska City had a population of 1,759 people in the year 2000 census.

The last recorded location of the vessel was:

LAT: 51° 36' N LONG: 166° 15' W

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-04-2015, 12:49 AM   #2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
Found the new headlight upgrade for the RX3 on taobao.com

I don't read Chinese, but the main lamp seems to be an LED, not just the accent strips on both sides. Not sure if I like the design though. Kind of looks like a transformer, which is kind of cool, but might get old fast.

Current headlight

Updated headlight

I just placed my fourth order at Taobao. I purchased some parts for both of my Zongshen bikes, including the new LED headlight for the RX3. If I don't like it, somebody else will probably want to buy it.

P.S. If you download and reduce the size of the gold RX3 photograph, or omit it altogether, your post will be much easier to read.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-04-2015, 12:56 AM   #2374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
I'll PM you so I'm not hijacking this thread.
Thank you, Veteran. We appreciate your courtesy.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-04-2015, 07:45 AM   #2375

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I just placed my fourth order at Taobao. I purchased some parts for both of my Zongshen bikes, including the new LED headlight for the RX3. If I don't like it, somebody else will probably want to buy it.

P.S. If you download and reduce the size of the gold RX3 photograph, or omit it altogether, your post will be much easier to read.
I like the LED light. I would order one. Do you think it's DOT approved?

Old 03-04-2015, 08:28 AM   #2376

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
I like the LED light. I would order one. Do you think it's DOT approved?
If so, it should have a DOT mark on the lens. Is that a DOT mark within the oval at the bottom of the lens? Nevertheless, I won't have any legal problems in Idaho, so it isn't a concern for me.

I converted the headlight of my Honda CRF250X from an incandescent bulb to an LED bulb, and I would never switch back. Therefore, I am going to compare the stock headlight to the LED headlight on my RX3. If, as I suspect, the LED headlight is superior, I will have a spare incandescent headlight for sale.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-04-2015, 08:33 AM   #2377
Banned

Shot messenger:)! Beware of asking CSC "hard" questions! CSC cancelled my bike;).

a threadJoe, PM'ed me and is cancelling my order. My conversation with Steve, yesterday was (as stated on this thread before the call) due to me trying to ascertain the policy as stated in the warranty and sales info, or whether he realized he was advertising (falsely) by not having ANY other "authorized service centers" established, and none planned for the future, nor any means of doing so (which is what he told me was policy after my initial question of ANY or any planned "Authorized centers" yet?). I tried to be helpfull suggesting they use shop rated and hourly rates for warranty and or general work on the Mustangs so he could save the time of doing a new one. Not necessary Steve said. Trust us. What is the rate you
d pay ME for a warranty repair. Call and case by case basis, RIIGHT! especially if a wide ranging safety recall etc. I'm 2000+ miles away in Alabama, I want to KNOW my exposure, SMART IMHO. Just tell me what REALITY is, so I make an informed decision. (WHy I wasted MY UNPAID HOUR unlike him at work). I posted up results so myself (and others) had the info to make an informed decision, since reality was different than written info.

I was wrestling with keeping on the buyers list all afternoon, anyway, re the conflict (lie) they were telling (to attract new riders), and reality, and the fact I don't trust people who are unwilling to be up front and show what they want me to trust (rates for Labor and time for repairs).

Though, like STeve pointed out, "99%" of buyers (posters on here surely), will do all work themselves. (as would I). The advertising and warranty is inviting newbies with the we pay independent approved shops, when, in fact there are NONE, and Steve told me, no plans to set up ANY in the future.

I offered it would be better to just state that (not necessary Steve said..)
This childish temper tantrum of Joes (waaahh I'm taking MY toys and going home is NOT anyone, nor any company I want to buy from, nor have ANYTHING to do with in the future. Is he KIDDING me? really? OK.

I actually believed in the idea (told STeve that, and explained EXACTLY what and why I made the call. He said he understood. They SHOULD have thanked me. If anyone cared, I didn't call it what it was but rather delicately explained the "confusing" parts of the warranty statements vs reality of their plans, so HOPEFULLY the info got rewritten to show the ACTUAL policy and plans for warranty repair.

He also was pissed about the 12.00 + shipping! oil filter pricing being called attention to by me..imagine that! and no other source except them isn't a good thing either, or doesn't make ME feel warm and fuzzy. YMMV, though.

Be aware, anyone asking any "non company line" type questions or "not liking the cool aid" and point out ANY discrepancies may get tossed from the "fraternity".. YMMV on that also.

No hard feelings on my part. I hope everyone who gets a bike has a great experience with it, and do think its a nice quality bike, still.

If anyone cares to read the PM, I will post in a thread so as not to hijack this one.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:49 AM   #2378
Banned

Link:

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14472

Old 03-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #2379
Banned

Thanks!.

For the support, guys. Much appreciated. I'd continue to keep the comments in PM's...or you will be cancelled next, I'm guessing! Jeez!

Old 03-04-2015, 11:09 AM   #2380
Banned

NO REFUND, either!

Just checked my Discover account, and there has been NO reversal of the charge they made for $500.00 Jan 8, 2015. There are NO activities pending, either. Great!! PM'ed Yesterday afternoon, here:
Order Cancellation 04:47 PM CSCDude
Thats a copy of the PM notice in my account on here. He says (in copy of PM in dealer link below), We cancelled the sale and "WE REFUNDED" your deposit, before close of business yesterday.
Yet another uuh ahh, CONCERN? Ahhh YEAH!
ANyone else had one on order and cancel it? Issues getting refunded? PM's only I'd advise!

Old 03-04-2015, 11:33 AM   #2381

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
Found the new headlight upgrade for the RX3 on taobao.com

Not sure if I like the design though. Kind of looks like a transformer, which is kind of cool, but might get old fast.
I agree with you. That said, I'm sure my kids would love it.

As an uneducated guess from 50 feet away, the original headlight looks like it might be brighter and more reflective. That guess is totally unscientific, and I don't pretend to have knowledge about such things.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-04-2015, 11:38 AM   #2382
Banned

PM (to Joe) after call to Discover card just now:

Joe,
That reads to ME, PAST tense, as in ALREADY have refunded your $500.00.

Again, I call BS. I went online to Discover. NOT listed or in pending transactions (waiting on paperwork, etc) as you should know.
CALLED them just now.
NOPE, again! He looked today, and yesterday, for anything filed (even pending). Nope, NADA, ZIP!
So, YOU HAVE NOT refunded my card!!!!!!
Please do so, IMMEDIATELY!! No harm no foul, here. Just DO AS YOU SAY! Please. I'd have damn sure paid my (ex) customers card before saying so, especially under the circumstances!
This is unreal!

Old 03-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #2383

I'll pm you so I'm not hijacking this thread. I've been here 8 years , (since 2007), I was here before, DURING (I was near the epicenter), and after the earthquake. It's deceiving to those people who make short visits for "missionary" work or other missions. You have to live here to really understand. This place isn't the only country in the Western hemisphere with UN peacekeepers for no reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
While it is probably not as nice as Tahiti, I have read some good things about it, thanks to the quake bringing it to everyone's attention. Some of the people who went there for humanitarian purposes following the quake said it had redeeming qualities. In fact, one guy joined here to ask which Chinese bike he should get since he was on his way to work at one of the television stations to get it back on line for a year or so, posted a video of his commute. As grueling as the traffic looked, many of the stereotypes of what a horrible place it must be were put to rest; for instance, no one pushed him off the bike to steal it. There were parents walking with their children on the streets and the children were in school uniforms obviously going to school. Cars were numerous, so there is some money flowing. But the biggest one, the politics, were not there, even the year when the quake hit. I remember the coops from the news year ago, and the place, politically, did not seem like a place to vacation! It seemed quite dangerous (yes, the news tends to exaggerate things and/or outright lie, but there is usually some truth behind it) back in the 90's. I never really remember the news stating or showing that those days had ended, although I remember something about the government getting more stable at some point. I think if I could afford to help (i.e. volunteer) with what must be a continued rebuilding of the country, I don't think I would be terribly apprehensive about going. Again, not necessarily a dream, tropical vacation, but at least it is tropical weather, and that counts for quite alot in my book! While there are many idiots who go to North Korea on adventure tours, I would not hesitate to pick Haiti if given a choice of the two. But if Cuba was thrown in as another choice, I would probably lean towards Cuba--but they are physically close, so could probably throw in a two for one adventure vacation!

Old 03-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #2384

bike battery

First, I apologize about the other posts regarding Haiti, this isn't the forum for that. Pm me if you have questions or observations.

To get back on topic; is the battery stored under the seat or under one of the side panels?
I also agree on the look of the aftermarket headlight; it DOES look like a transformer!! I wanted to like it, but I can't.
Katflap; does the bike "feel" like you're sitting on it, or sitting in it? You know what I mean; some bikes "feel" like you're sitting atop them.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #2385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
First, I apologize about the other posts regarding Haiti, this isn't the forum for that. Pm me if you have questions or observations.

To get back on topic; is the battery stored under the seat or under one of the side panels?
I also agree on the look of the aftermarket headlight; it DOES look like a transformer!! I wanted to like it, but I can't.
Katflap; does the bike "feel" like you're sitting on it, or sitting in it? You know what I mean; some bikes "feel" like you're sitting atop them.
The battery is located under the rider's seat on the right side of the bike. It is accessible by removing the body panel beneath the seat. We are going to be posting a battery maintenance tutorial this week or next. In the meantime, here's a photo...

In the above photo, the seat is removed, but it is not necessary to remove the seat to gain access to the battery.