Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2019, 09:44 PM   #1

New to me

Like many, I've done a ton of research and after months, I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on an almost new RX3.
Sure hope I don't regret it. Any final thoughts for me before I do?

Old 09-06-2019, 07:49 AM   #2

The RX3 is a solid bike and when you factor in the price it's a fantastic one. Nothing is perfect so you can expect to make a couple improvements so the RX3 fits you better. I found the seat to be horrible, the CSC aftermarket seat was well worth the money. I also replaced the shock. These mods are the same ones I have made on many other motorcycles so I do not see them as a big deal. One caution, the brakes really need to bed in before they are what I would consider to be useful. I quickly learned that it is all too easy to lock up the rear but the front was about as useful as dragging my feet. Later I installed the CSC rotor and changed the brake pads on the front so now the brakes are fine. My point here is to caution you when you first try to stop from highway speed.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:59 AM   #3

Make sure you really clean the rotor off with contact cleaner (alcohol) before you use the brakes, they're usually coated with an anti rust oil, which will make the pads oil-soaked and ineffective until you burn the oil off.

Last edited by franque; 09-08-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Old 09-06-2019, 11:58 AM   #4

Everyone has a different expectation and use for bikes, as well as the climate they ride in. I wanted a cheap, fun, around town bike and to do some "short" dirt rides. "Short" can mean a lot of things, in my case I'd be unlikely to go across the state or even camp overnight, although I'm considering the latter. My favorite Jeep trail would be great on this bike and while it's probably 50 miles long, it's a lot of easy riding with some challenges here and there. So it's not 50 miles of challenges.

This bike is also my grocery-getter for three months of the year (not in summer), and I use it as general transportation to business appointments and such. It's a fantastic in-town bike.

There is zero chance you'd find me on the highway for more than an hour on it. It's an awful highway bike in so many ways. For us in AZ open highway usually means traffic is doing 80 and there are many hills. This thing would be awful to take to Prescott even, which I go to a lot, on the highway. But it would be fine to take it there on the dirt route.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:21 PM   #5

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I got a fantastic deal. 184 miles, a silver 2016 model and $1950 USD. Considering it's practically unused, I don't think I got hosed.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRod View Post
Thanks for the tips guys. I think I got a fantastic deal. 184 miles, a silver 2016 model and $1950 USD. Considering it's practically unused, I don't think I got hosed.
Yeah, pretty much. A more or less brand new bike for half off, you've got no reason to complain.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working_ZS View Post
Yeah, pretty much. A more or less brand new bike for half off, you've got no reason to complain.
Yes, totally.
I'm also very appreciative of this forum and all who contribute.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:29 PM   #8

I live in Prescott Valley, AZ ~ 5k ft. and it has been a pretty good all around bike. Keep all the screws tightened and put gas in it and it won't let you down.