Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2022, 12:50 PM   #46

** I tried starting with the tank/gas on but can’t get the motor to turn over. It just cranks and cranks while on the battery charger. I was hoping to get at least a fire out of it. I still think I’m missing a ground/circuit in the alarm/keyless spaghetti mess that is preventing the bike from running.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 02-19-2022, 03:04 PM   #47

Boom! https://youtube.com/shorts/7UrWXtd7mKM?feature=share

Now to rewrite the Sambo and lights ugh. Happy to see it finally start tho
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 02-19-2022, 03:53 PM   #48

Beware. It lives!

I assume you already figured this out, but if you want the thing to run with the alarm/remote start removed you need to plug the two bullet plugs together on the black and white wires that used to go into to the alarm module. If I were you I would excise that entire mess. The so-called "alarm" on these things is nothing but a liability.

Old 02-19-2022, 04:34 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_dgz View Post
Beware. It lives!

I assume you already figured this out, but if you want the thing to run with the alarm/remote start removed you need to plug the two bullet plugs together on the black and white wires that used to go into to the alarm module. If I were you I would excise that entire mess. The so-called "alarm" on these things is nothing but a liability.

I hadn’t figured that out at all. Glad you mentioned it!! It actually for reasons unknown quit turning the starter motor at all now but starts second kick. I rode it around bandit mode for about 30 minutes and the good ol’ CG motor is running as wild as ever. The battery which is less than a year old may be tapped out or without the rectifier installed won’t take a charge. I’ve had a problem with this bike poppin fuses and the alarm system malfunctioning since day 1. After a rain in the parking lot the alarm would repeatedly sound off and there was a phase where you had to turn the gas off and wait to kill the motor.

Motorcycle!

Old 02-19-2022, 04:44 PM   #50

Well we’ll we’ll look what just came in the mail
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 61453749-B962-4E12-BA7E-DC05183F1C29.jpeg (19.8 KB, 46 views)

Old 02-19-2022, 04:55 PM   #51

Uh, yeah, you can't charge a battery off of AC. It definitely will not charge without the regulator/rectifier in place.

As your attorney I advise you to slather every connector and plug you touch on this thing with dielectric grease before assembly. That will save you considerable future headaches re: rain.

My Enforcer has the same stupid alarm. The remote start is even more of a joke. There's no kickstand or neutral safety interlock. So you can press the button in your pocket and if you left your bike in gear it will crank the starter motor, jump forward, fold up the kick stand, and fall over. Brilliant design. 10/10.