Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #1

OK Im exhausted. Got the bike uncrated. Fit and finish and fenders look very rough but I expect that from a chinese made product. No big deal.

The good:

Bike looks good over all.

Started right up and idled fine.

Everything seems to work so far. Cant test brakes or shifter yet but it did seem to shift fine while idling.

The bad:

Screws and bolts are typical chinese poor metalurgy. Very soft steel and easy to damage. I stripped out the screws for the front brake fluid resivoir so now Im screwed. Im sure I used the corect size screw driver. That is what really chaffes my butt. Those suckers are on there tight. Too tight.

Q: How do I get the stripped screws out?

Changed the oil but after putting in new oil I noticed there was a rubber washer on the ground. Doh! Was that on the drain plug? Im not sure but I do not remember seeing a washer when I dropped the plug to drain it. Could be from something else.

Air filter had a small dent in it. Mostly cosmetic. Not sure if it's worth putting in an RMA for it to the dealer. Opinions?

Q: There is a hole in the frame just forward of the seat. Is this hole an option to move the seat forward an inch? If so that would be great as I am a bit on the short side.

Will eventually ask a lot of questions Im sure.

Will try to upload photos ASAP.