Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2009, 02:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
I even had a chance to witness to the doctors and staff and cops and medics.
I think that you're witnessing to some fellow members right now.

I'll take this opportunity to thank all of the members who do not necessarily have the same beliefs as Doc, Spud and I. It's very kind of you to not blaze someone for his beliefs in a public forum.

That said, I certainly respect your right to your beliefs, whatever they may be.

Cheers!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:

I'll take this opportunity to thank all of the members who do not necessarily have the same beliefs as Doc, Spud and I. It's very kind of you to not blaze someone for his beliefs in a public forum.

That said, I certainly respect your right to your beliefs, whatever they may be.

Cheers!
Very good point and thanks for making it. Thanks to those who do not share our views for their tolerence.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #18

Doc,
Glad to hear your healing, sorry to hear of your being ran into.
You have my prayers for a complete and speedy recovery.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #19

I decided to stop street riding this summer because of the high risk area I am in. Too many distracted drivers with poor training. The lifan having some issues really sealed the deal.

Its great that you were able to witness while be worked on. Will add you to my prayer list too.

Allen

Old 11-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #20

Fastdoc, sorry to hear this news, but glad your gonna be ok. I know your a Doctor, but my advice to you is take it easy and don't over do it with getting back on the bike. I wish you a speedy recovery. Get well, Lego.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #21

Good to hear you came through "realativley" safe.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 11-08-2009, 01:09 AM   #22

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:

Cheers!
Very good point and thanks for making it. Thanks to those who do not share our views for their tolerence.
Taking people for who they are and not what they are is what everyone should be like for the most part. I may not agree with how You think You were saved....But in the end I am happy You were

Old 11-08-2009, 04:55 AM   #23

Hey Doc,

W&G told me about this today as I don't lurk in this section of the forum much.

My thoughts with you in your recovery and safe riding in the future! Scary story with a 'happy' ending, considering the alternative.

I'll still stick with dirt, trees don't run up behind you and thump you from behind like this ignoramous did to you... but respect your choice to get back in the saddle and do what you love!

Take care of yourself.

-TT

Old 11-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #24

Send a message via ICQ to ScottFla
I'm very new here but this caught me by suprise since you had been giving me a lot of advice in another thread. I hope you mend well and quickly.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #25

Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes, guys. It does help.

Yesterday I was hurting bad, but today seems a little better. I hope I'm turning the corner.

Drove the pickup to church today. It's not quite PTSD but it seems everyone out there is driving like an idiot and I was glad to be in a 4,000 plus pound 4X4 Ford.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #26

Things could have turned out much worse it sounds. Glad you are feeling better and wish a speedy recovery for you.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #27

8O 8O That is crazy Doc, glad you are OK! ! I haven't been on since Thursday and come back to this 8O!! Cant believe that happened, but it was all definitely her fault, watch out for those crazy teenage driver's !! Sucks the bike was wrecked, it was a beautiful bike, but more importantly you are ok. At those speeds on a car/bike collision, you are a lucky man, must have had your guardian angle with you that night.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #28

Hey FastDoc!

Glad you are well and able to type somehow! 8O

That just sucks about the girl running into you. So happy to hear that you're relatively unscathed.

I rode my KLR650 back from a 800 mile adventure ride and had to get on a similar freeway. Not having enough acceleration on the KLR to get away or out-brake something like this happening made me leary of dual sport bikes.

I got the SV650 now and know that I'd be at redline/every gear until comfortably miles ahead of this dumb girl. I've still got my Kazuma and will keep it but will remain leary of interstates as your example proves. I really never thought about a drowsy/inattentive motorists rear-ending me until now. I will keep the SV now to avoid the next inattentive driver.

I hope you heal right up and get comfortable riding again. :!:

Old 11-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubitup
Hey FastDoc!

Glad you are well and able to type somehow! 8O

That just sucks about the girl running into you. So happy to hear that you're relatively unscathed.

I rode my KLR650 back from a 800 mile adventure ride and had to get on a similar freeway. Not having enough acceleration on the KLR to get away or out-brake something like this happening made me leary of dual sport bikes.

I got the SV650 now and know that I'd be at redline/every gear until comfortably miles ahead of this dumb girl. I've still got my Kazuma and will keep it but will remain leary of interstates as your example proves. I really never thought about a drowsy/inattentive motorists rear-ending me until now. I will keep the SV now to avoid the next inattentive driver.

I hope you heal right up and get comfortable riding again. :!:
Glad to see you benefiting from my mistake! I'd hardly ever considered it either. Until lately. I'd think a KLR 650 would be OK. I've had 2 over the years and thought they had good highway power. Not stable much over 70, as I recall though.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubitup
...I rode my KLR650 back from a 800 mile adventure ride and had to get on a similar freeway. Not having enough acceleration on the KLR to get away or out-brake something like this happening made me leary of dual sport bikes...
I've been thinking the same thing about the KLR650. It will cruise at 75 mph, but it pretty much tops out at 90mph. Also, the acceleration from 75 mph to 90 mph is not that rapid. Don't get me wrong; I think the KLR650 is a great motorcycle. However, it has marginal power for the limited-access highways. Quite frankly, I think even the KLR650 riders are better off to avoid the freeways, and stick to the secondary roads.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894