Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2020, 12:08 PM   #31

What?!! So now my Hellcat might be sputtering around Iraq somewhere?

Just to be clear bud, I think 99.9% of US customers are backing our dealers. We know this is hurting your business and not your fault. The frustration is with China...but that is nothing new. I just think August might be a tipping point and many folks may call it a year. Maybe try again in the spring. Hope not for you guys sake.

Old 07-29-2020, 12:43 PM   #32

Thought I would pass along message sent to me this morning from Tao Motor Co...

"Unfortunately sir we do not have a solid ETA as to when the Hellcats will be available again. Due to changes made because of Covid 19 and the unexpected soar in sales our inventory state side has been hit hard and our factory is working as fast as they can to get every unit possible back here to the states as fast as possible."

I would say August deliveries are not looking good and maybe much further.

Old 07-29-2020, 03:16 PM   #33

August is probably correct, it's the "2020" part that's suspect.

g.

Old 07-29-2020, 04:20 PM   #34

If I was a dealer I would be thinking about continuing to offer pre-orders. Really kind of putting themselves out on a limb. Especially small dealers with shops. Maybe cancels vs pre-orders equals things out a bit.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:49 PM   #35

I emailed Q9 today about delivery on a TBR7 and they answered that preorders would not deliver until late fall on that model.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:01 PM   #36

My next question to Tao was do you think it will at least be in 2020? I just received this message in return...

"To be honest sir I am not sure. I definitely think it is possible, but the factory is trying to make as many units as possible to restock all the branches over here in the states. First they have to make the product they know will sell for the upcoming season then they make everything else."

Hmm.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:12 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
My next question to Tao was do you think it will at least be in 2020? I just received this message in return...

"To be honest sir I am not sure. I definitely think it is possible, but the factory is trying to make as many units as possible to restock all the branches over here in the states. First they have to make the product they know will sell for the upcoming season then they make everything else."

Hmm.
I swear, why don't these people just tell the truth instead of feeding us BS.

If they're building them, they know exactly how many are coming off the line. With that, they know when they will have enough for a freight container and when they might be able to ship. I'm talking reasonable estimates.

As for sales volumes because of pre-orders. That they might not know since the dealers are hold them. Still, they should be able to say we're making 30 of this model a day, so every four days, we ship 3 containers of them.

BTW, how can any manufacture not know how many they are making to figure out when they expect to ship?

Oh.. A few weeks ago, I emailed Tao USA. The person that responded to me said they had no idea when they would receive inventory because they were not in the dept that handles it. They said to contact the dealer so they can find out using their contact.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:30 PM   #38

I don't know either. The last part of the reply confuses me a little. Upcoming season? So are all of our pre-orders now considered "everything else"? Maybe I am misreading that part.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:17 PM   #39

Thank God I canceled my order with Veloz. I would be well past my bank protection at this point. Coolster 150cc atvs aren't ca legal so I guess no atv for me this year. *runs off crying*

Old 07-30-2020, 10:20 AM   #40

Here's an update on Frieght coming in.. And again, it's for Tao Canada and they're getting 2 shipments.

Date
2020-07-27
Shipper Name
Zhejiang Taotao Vehicles Co. Ltd
Shipper Address
NO 6 XINMIN RD XINBI ST JINYUN COUNTY LISHUI CHINA
Consignee Name
Tao Motor Canada Inc.
Consignee Address
170 BARTOR RD NORTH YORK ON M9M 2W6 CANADA TEFAX1
Notify Party Name
Tao Motor Canada Inc.
Notify Party Address
170 BARTOR ROAD NORTH YORK ON, M9M2W6 CANADA, TEL 1-416-748-6686 FAX, TE1-416-749-6686
Weight
Weight Unit
KG
Weight in KG
Quantity
Quantity Unit
CTN
Measure Unit
CM
Shipment Origin
China
Details
9,114.0 kg
From port: Ningbo, China
To port: Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
Place of Receipt
Ningbo
Foreign Port of Lading
Ningbo, China
U.S. Port of Unlading
Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
U.S. Destination Port
Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, Washington
Commodity
PASS VEH FOR SNOW GOLF CARTS SIMILAR VEHIC ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE
Container
TEMU8495576
Marks Description
ATV OFF ROAD USE ONLY / /
Carrier Name
YANG MING MARINE TRANSPORT CORP
Vessel Name
MOL PROSPERITY
Voyage Number
203E
Bill of Lading Number
YMLUW232390589
Lloyd's Code

You can track Yang Ming freight here: https://www.yangming.com/e-service/T..._tracking.aspx

Remember I can only see the latest of the 3 listed above.. and that specific shipment, which is that detailed info above is showing 42 packages in this specific container.. and being it's vehicles, I have a feeling it's motorcycles.

Old 07-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
I don't know either. The last part of the reply confuses me a little. Upcoming season? So are all of our pre-orders now considered "everything else"? Maybe I am misreading that part.
From a manufactures point of view, I don't think they consider anything "Pre-Orders". For them it's going to be this years model or next years model based on the VIN they assign. This "Pre-Order" non-sense is dealers just selling inventory they don't have, with expectations they will shortly get the inventory.

What would have made better sense for dealers taking pre-orders would have been to take a small $100 deposit. But I they they can since most probably aren't large enough to stay operational without selling product, even product they won't have yet, and these pre-orders are probably keeping them afloat.

BTW, I noticed on Q9's site that a bunch of stuff can't even be pre-ordered now. I wonder what that means?

Old 07-30-2020, 11:44 AM   #42

Think you are right and the shipping logs seem to show that they are indeed making things for upcoming seasonal sales only. Looks more and more like the Hellcats at least will not be coming anytime soon and are part of the "everything else."

Maybe the dealers are backing off pre-orders because they have a feeling things are not going to arrive in a reasonable timeframe anymore. Why anger more and more people and spend everyday processing cancellations. Not fun and certainly not good for future business relations.

Old 07-30-2020, 12:09 PM   #43

Don't be surprised if replenishment inventory has a non-adjustable cap over the carb idle-speed screw.

Old 07-30-2020, 01:28 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Don't be surprised if replenishment inventory has a non-adjustable cap over the carb idle-speed screw.

Thanks for the heads up.. And based on that date stamp, I'm guessing everything being built now will have it.

I wonder how hard it will be to remove the dang thing?

BTW, I'm now thinking that part of this delay is emissions related... And that's why we're seeing vehicles going to Canada, but not to the US..

Old 07-30-2020, 01:51 PM   #45

Certainly hope it's not emissions related. My Poodle farting outside is more pollution than the choked down little 125cc Hellcat engine that even has the canister crap on it. I mean seriously, it's less HP than some push mowers.

The Dremel fix...slot for a screwdriver. It's like it is made for that. Lol.