Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2020, 10:24 PM   #1

Vitacci rocket 150

I have one being delivered tomorrow. Haven’t saw or heard a lot about the bike. Was a little bit worried about the exhaust melting rubber brackets. Also was wondering why this 150cc engine only tops out at a listed 50mph. I have regularly gotten my Apollo 007 125cc up to 53-55 mph. If anyone can give me any real info on the scooter I would really appreciate it.

Old 05-27-2020, 12:18 AM   #2

I do not recall anyone having one of these scooters on Chinariders. It looks like a fun bike--combines a GY6 scooter engine into what seems to be a loose interpretation of a Grom. 50 to 55 mph is about all a Chinese GY6 scooter will do. I do suggest you join this group https://49ccscoot.proboards.com/ as that forum is all scooters all the time. Do not let the name fool you--there are discussions of all sizes of scooters, and there are plenty of Chinese scooters discussed.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-27-2020, 09:40 AM   #3

Apparently NO center stand to elevate rear wheel? CVT drive scooter engines typically cold-start at high-idle, turning the rear wheel until the enricher (choke) needle extends and reduces fuel flow.

Old 05-27-2020, 10:10 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply !! I got it today. Everything went together fine except for the front headlight turn signal assembly. Can’t figure out how to plug it up. There is only one set of wires to plug in. That looks like the headlight wires. The turn signal wires are just hanging loose with little fittings on the ends. I have no idea where they plug into. Help!!!

Old 06-08-2020, 04:40 AM   #5

I got one delivered a few days ago. Goes slow as shit for the first 50 miles then will go above 50. I had the 50cc version. Last year of the bike, I had it up to 37mph.....then I bought a Roma 150cc automatic sport bike/aka motobravo 150cc....an that was a gy6 engine and I had that up to 68mph with very little mods.......I can't see why I couldn't get the rocket 150cc to at least 60-65.....it's same engine....right? Vitacci usually has good rating behind it....feels like a solid bike.....just got very used to the jap sports bike leaning forward and sitting standard again I feel like the seat is right up my ass and pushing me upright.........but we see how it goes. How's yours riding? Where did you order it from?

Old 06-13-2020, 08:21 AM   #6

Hey I ordered mine from txpowersports. My second purchase. My first was an Apollo DB 007 The Rocket Is a nice lil bike. I got 250 miles on her. Top speed so far is 53 mph. Can cruise at 47 at 6700 rpms. I can’t get the rpms up past 7000 rpms. Would love to get my top speed up past 55. What bolt on mods should I look for? Thinking about a high performance clutch and variator. What did you do with that Roma 150 to get it going that fast. If all else fails. BIG BORE KIT here I come!!!

Old 06-13-2020, 08:23 AM   #7

I couldn’t figure out how to put that rack on the back

Old 07-13-2020, 11:55 AM   #8

sorry been away......

i changed that big ass bulky air filter and put a smaller $15 filter from autozone on it. immediately the bike got balls and power and i do 45-50 uphill or down......it just tops at 56mph and wont get any faster. i know there is def more power in this thing. maybe if i change the roller weights in the gy6 gear box......i know this thing could hit 70

Old 06-18-2021, 02:27 PM   #9

Sorry to resurrect this post but it seemed like the right place to ask.
Does anyone know a place I can buy replacement parts for the Vitacci Rocket?
There's tons of generic parts online but it's hard to know for sure if they will fit this bike.