Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2009, 05:38 AM   #1

Zongshen 200GY-2 Gets A Yamaha XT225 Swingarm Conversion

About a week ago my good friend Andy helped me to complete a Yamaha XT225 swingarm conversion on my 2006 Zongshen Sierra 200GY-2 motorcycle. This conversion allows me to use 18-inch rear tires on my Zong. The alloy rear rim and smaller hub lighten the bike considerably. Also, my Zong now handles much better, and the adjustable Yamaha XT225 shock absorber has greatly improved the bike’s suspension! This conversion did not cost much, and I am very pleased with the results.

Here is a closeup of the adjustable Yamaha XT225 shock absorber, chain slider, and swingarm grease zerks.

Here is a view of the rear wheel from the left side, showing the 45-tooth, Yamaha XT225 sprocket.

Here is a view of the rear wheel from the right side, showing the Yamaha XT225 drum brake.

Here is a closeup of the brake linkage on the right side of the motorcycle. Inside the yellow circle you can see the shock mounting bracket fabricated, and welded to the Zong’s frame by my good friend Andy.

Finally, here is a photograph of the left underside of the shock mounting bracket, showing the Yamaha lower shock linkage, and grease zerks.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894