Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2020, 08:49 PM   #1

Apollo DB 36 deluxe carb Jets?

Hey guys I'm new here, will be receiving my Apollo DB 36 in a couple of days and am assuming I will have to rejet it. Does anybody know which Jets will work with the factory carb? Also any other break-in advice or miscellaneous information would be much appreciated thanks!

Old 05-25-2020, 07:21 AM   #2

Your new apollo will more than likely run just fine from the factory. It will be lean to meet all the EPA bs. Pull the choke, crank it up, and let it idle a minute or less. Push the choke in and let it idle a minute more. Once it is warmed up, hop on and ride. It will run just fine. Once you get use to it and get it broke in, you may be happy with it like it is. I changed out my carb to a pumper type to help in the tight trails I ride. Jumping logs and such it needed a little more instant response. Normal riding doesn't require any jetting IMO.
Break in has 2 ways to go. The hard break in and the soft break in. I personally went with the hard break in. You can look it up on here and YouTube to decide which one you prefer.
Change your oil before you crank it! Use a "motorcycle oil". One that states on the bottle that it is for "wet clutches". They keep your clutch from slipping. Regular car/truck oil will make it slip like a trials rider jumping across rocks on the back wheel.

Last edited by Its_not_a_honda; 05-25-2020 at 11:13 AM. Reason: More details

Old 05-27-2020, 04:37 PM   #3

I just received my db36 yesterday, and I have a really basic question.

There is no choke control on the handlebar, just the lever at the carb. Which way (up or down) turns the choke on/off?

I think it's up = on, down = off, but I'm not sure. The bike is brand new and I paid for the Orion full setup/run in, but the bike has a really bad bogging problem at 1/2-3/4 throttle.

I thought maybe the problem was that I still had the choke on after warmup, but the bog is still there in either position (though it's a little worse when the lever is up, leading me to believe up = on).

Also, the carb on mine is a Jingke PZ30. My understanding is that that model is a pumper carb. No?

Edit: I found a video that appeared to answer my questions: up = on for the choke, and it looks like the pumper model is the pz30b. When I got home and looked, mine does not have a pump.

Last edited by Jim Rogers; 05-27-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Old 05-29-2020, 10:26 AM   #4

You should ask for this thread to be moved to the Dual-Sport/Enduro section. Your questions might even be answered down there as the DB36 Deluxe is a popular bike lately.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-30-2020, 09:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rogers View Post
I just received my db36 yesterday, and I have a really basic question.

There is no choke control on the handlebar, just the lever at the carb. Which way (up or down) turns the choke on/off?

I think it's up = on, down = off, but I'm not sure. The bike is brand new and I paid for the Orion full setup/run in, but the bike has a really bad bogging problem at 1/2-3/4 throttle.

I thought maybe the problem was that I still had the choke on after warmup, but the bog is still there in either position (though it's a little worse when the lever is up, leading me to believe up = on).

Also, the carb on mine is a Jingke PZ30. My understanding is that that model is a pumper carb. No?

Edit: I found a video that appeared to answer my questions: up = on for the choke, and it looks like the pumper model is the pz30b. When I got home and looked, mine does not have a pump.
Here is my carb off my apollo 250. Look at the lever and the butterfly in the carb. Choke on is up. Choke off is down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200530_085441.jpg (104.1 KB, 696 views)
File Type: jpg 20200530_085435.jpg (102.5 KB, 745 views)

Tags
apollo 250, carburetor, jets, tuning