Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #1

Hmmm decisions....decisions

I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to get. Either this..

http://www.konkermotors.com/kgx400.html

or this..

http://www.konkermotors.com/kpx250X.html

I'm an ex Mx'er and love 2 wheels on the trails but all my buddies have ATV's. I'm not a big fan of burrying the quad up past the wheels and only tried quading a couple times.

I still got time to think about it since its -31 with the wind chill!!!

Old 02-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #2

Hey Brad,

I know you have a relationship with Konker, but if it were me, and I was spending that kind of money on a Chinese Quad, I'd go with this:
http://www.giobikes.com/ATVs-in-Cana...iner-ATV-Quad/

With that said, I'd pick the bike. Less investment and heartache. I'd have a hard time not buying a good used Yamaha, Honda or Polaris for that kind of money on a quad.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #3

I hear what your saying.....

As being a rep for Konker, they are giving me a minor discount but at the end of the day it comes down to personal choice. Even buying someone else's "Used" quad, the question in my mind is what abuse has this machine taken?

I treat my toys better than my cars and if you ask my wife she will say better than her..lol....... I like getting new because I am the one who decides what abuse I am going to give it.

The bike has a slight edge over the quad...not for the money but for personal preference.

We will see...

Old 02-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #4

For me I went with the bike first as well, always wanted one! Not to say I don't like it, but the quad to me is a little less a stressful ride. There is no fighting with balance at low speeds, which I especially like next to a cliff or up in higher elevations. Being a novice bike rider, I get pretty nervous the bike is going to hit a rut, rock or something else and toss me off, down a cliff.

As you said it's all personal preference...but I think for $5-6K you could find a pretty nice 'quality' quad, and it's probably going to give you less grief than a new Chinese one. Keeping in mind they are built to take a certain amount of abuse over rough terrain anyhow.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #5

Atlantic Motoplex were selling Yamaha quads for $6999. I have no idea what they were, or if maybe as it is now winter they might be cheaper?