Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2016, 12:07 AM   #1

Hawk registration in texas

Has anyone on here registered the hawk 250 in texas and is it a pain I the ass

Old 05-13-2016, 04:16 AM   #2

There are a few of us here tearing up the streets in Texas with registered bikes. Myself personally, I bought from a dealer which took care of all that but I haven't seen anything about anyone having an issue with registration here.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:07 PM   #3

I have my bike, but like jaymalmat I bought it from a dealer who registered it for me. I have my plates and everything is taken care of. So all good. It was easily worth the extra $150 to have them assemble the bike and take care of the registration issues in my opinion.

But I would be interested in knowing what it takes to register one if you build it yourself. I stopped by the main distributor's location off Harry Hines in Dallas and talked to them and they told me if you buy direct and build it you can't register it. Which is one of the reasons I went with a dealer.

2016 Hawk 250 - Black
All my mods are documented on my Blog!

My Blog | Google+ | Twitter | Facebook

Old 05-26-2016, 03:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnp View Post
I stopped by the main distributor's location off Harry Hines in Dallas and talked to them and they told me if you buy direct and build it you can't register it.
Sounds more like he was trying to send business to his dealers.

Past: 2012 Honda NC700x, 2014 Taotao ATM-50-A1, 2014 Taotao Evo, 19?? Honda Spree 50, 1982 Katana 550

Old 05-26-2016, 03:28 PM   #5

Quote:
I have my bike, but like jaymalmat I bought it from a dealer who registered it for me. I have my plates and everything is taken care of. So all good. It was easily worth the extra $150 to have them assemble the bike and take care of the registration issues in my opinion.

But I would be interested in knowing what it takes to register one if you build it yourself. I stopped by the main distributor's location off Harry Hines in Dallas and talked to them and they told me if you buy direct and build it you can't register it. Which is one of the reasons I went with a dealer.
that's interesting because Adam has not mentioned that on here. I've talked to him directly regarding trying to get mine done in North Carolina.

for what it's worth, if a dealer can get it registered, then an individual should be able to. they don't do anything more than submit the same required paperwork on the buyer's behalf.

Old 05-26-2016, 06:32 PM   #6

Quote:
I stopped by the main distributor's location off Harry Hines in Dallas and talked to them and they told me if you buy direct and build it you can't register it.
Not sure what you mean - you can't buy the bike from RPS -- US law since the Great Depression forbids motor vehicle manufacturers from selling retail, we have to go through dealers.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:08 PM   #7

Mine is also registered but I also bought it at a dealer that did it for me.

2014 Hawk 250
Firehawk minibike
Previous bikes~
1995 Yamaha YZ125
1998 Yamaha YZ250
1981 Yamaha YZ465
1987 Honda TRX 250R X2 one stock one modified
2002 Buell Blast
2001 Buell X1 Lightning
2000 Kawasaki ZR7

Old 05-26-2016, 10:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post
Not sure what you mean - you can't buy the bike from RPS -- US law since the Great Depression forbids motor vehicle manufacturers from selling retail, we have to go through dealers.
When I was trying to find a place to buy my Hawk I found Charlie's Power Sports on Google.
http://www.charliespowersports.com/

I called and asked if they sold Hawks. The guy who answered was, shall we say... NOT customer service oriented... and told me "we have about 500 of them.

I said, Ok! I'll come on over!

I drove to the location on Manyana in Dallas and discovered I was at Ricky Power Sports. I don't know - was there a name change?

https://goo.gl/maps/gy9LmqAKonm

I went inside. There was a warehouse with crates of motorcycles stacked everywhere. I walked in the office and an asian gentleman, maybe around 50, explained to me that he could sell me one but I wouldn't be able to register it. He told me I need to go to a dealer and they would register it for me.

I asked him if he had a recommendation for a dealer? He sent me to some place supposedly just up 35 "By the Honda Dealer". I went there. No one would answer the door even though it was a Thursday around 2pm.

Eventually I found a place in Arlington where I bought it. I don't want to really give them any press, because it turns out the assembly of my bike was done terribly, and I even got a machine that has the left footpeg welded incorrectly and pointing down by about 20 degrees. It's going to require actual cutting and welding to repair - though that was a factory problem obviously.

So, that's the whole story.

2016 Hawk 250 - Black

Old 05-27-2016, 06:41 AM   #9

Arlington Tx huh... I'm guessing you went to one of the many... "Manny" owned China Bike distributors...

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Arlington Tx huh... I'm guessing you went to one of the many... "Manny" owned China Bike distributors...
Not sure who owned it, but it appeared to be an Indian family owned business.

2016 Hawk 250 - Black

Old 05-28-2016, 01:27 AM   #11

Quote:
What do you mean?

Past: 2012 Honda NC700x, 2014 Taotao ATM-50-A1, 2014 Taotao Evo, 19?? Honda Spree 50, 1982 Katana 550

Old 05-28-2016, 07:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratermus View Post
What do you mean?
360PowerSports.com
ATVsnmore
MyScootersandATVs.com
TxPowersports.com

http://www.bbb.org/fort-worth/busine...-tx-235976231/

Above is just a small list (the ones that I have found so far) of the companies owned by a "Manny" down in Arlington Tx...

His real and Full Name below

"Mr. Gaurav (aka "Manny") Sharma" aka "One of the Biggest Douche-bags in the Known Universe"

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:23 AM   #13

Quote:
360PowerSports.com
ATVsnmore
MyScootersandATVs.com
TxPowersports.com

http://www.bbb.org/fort-worth/busine...-tx-235976231/

Above is just a small list (the ones that I have found so far) of the companies owned by a "Manny" down in Arlington Tx...

His real and Full Name below

"Mr. Gaurav (aka "Manny") Sharma" aka "One of the Biggest Douche-bags in the Known Universe"

Nutshell : Any Manny related business will not be getting the official and prestigious Azhule Blue Ribbon Business Award. . . He reserves those ribbons for the non-bags'o douche!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #14

Quote:
When I was trying to find a place to buy my Hawk I found Charlie's Power Sports on Google.
http://www.charliespowersports.com/

I called and asked if they sold Hawks. The guy who answered was, shall we say... NOT customer service oriented... and told me "we have about 500 of them.

I said, Ok! I'll come on over!

I drove to the location on Manyana in Dallas and discovered I was at Ricky Power Sports. I don't know - was there a name change?

https://goo.gl/maps/gy9LmqAKonm

I went inside. There was a warehouse with crates of motorcycles stacked everywhere. I walked in the office and an asian gentleman, maybe around 50, explained to me that he could sell me one but I wouldn't be able to register it. He told me I need to go to a dealer and they would register it for me.

I asked him if he had a recommendation for a dealer? He sent me to some place supposedly just up 35 "By the Honda Dealer". I went there. No one would answer the door even though it was a Thursday around 2pm.

Eventually I found a place in Arlington where I bought it. I don't want to really give them any press, because it turns out the assembly of my bike was done terribly, and I even got a machine that has the left footpeg welded incorrectly and pointing down by about 20 degrees. It's going to require actual cutting and welding to repair - though that was a factory problem obviously.

So, that's the whole story.
I think I got it John. you DO have to buy from a dealer, but that's not to say they have to register it for you. RPS as a wholesaler doesn't sell direct to public. I went through a dealer who happened to be in CA. if you bought from any of the internet sites that sell them, they would have given you MCO, etc, which you would need to get it titled, registered and plated there. TX doesn't seem to have a problem with registering the Hawk, unlike here in NC. either way though, you're all good!

Old 05-28-2016, 10:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl096 View Post
The official and prestigious Azhule Blue Ribbon Business Award. . .
If it was that official and prestigious that chump would have been shut down and kicked out of the country* a long time ago

* Everyone getting the "Official and Prestigious Douche-bag of the Universe" Award promptly gets kicked out out of the "Known World"... all names and faces are red flagged from ever returning, they are deported and shipped to an island in the middle of nowhere, that has plenty of food, fresh water... only problem is they will have to find out where I hid it all... all they have to do is get "hints" through phone calls, emails, and general "customer service" calls... all answered by ME... and I wont start to really care about answering until AFTER PayPal gets involved