Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2020, 05:49 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Raptor or Commander?🤔

Hey friends, in times like these CR makes us all smile. Can’t wait to get on the trails. So I ask: Apollo Commander or Tao Tao Raptor. My wife wants a play quad/sprayer atv for our farm. She has owned Honda TRX 250 and Yamaha Warrior-liked both. The kids have an Apollo RFZ 125-with Mikuni carb and upgraded fork oil/air filter. Bike is bulletproof. So...which atv would you choose? Who has pics in the wild? Is there another atv I should consider? Thanks!!🙏

Old 04-04-2020, 10:35 PM   #2

I can't speak to the Apollo, but my wife and I have 2 Tao Bull 200 and they have been great machines. However, my friend just bought 2 Tao Raptors for him and his girlfriend and they have been awesome. I am so impressed with them that I'm likely ordering 2 replacement t machines in the next year for the wife and I, and they'll almost certainly be the raptor. Between my kids' 2 Tforce, my 2 bulls, and my buddy's 2 raptors, I don't know that I would spend any time looking at anything but the Tao. That's just my two cents though.

2018 Tao Bull 200 red
2018 Tao Bull 200 green
2018 Tao New T-Force graffiti
2018 Tao New T-Force blue

Old 04-04-2020, 11:38 PM   #3

Thanks Rob,
Glad you love your Tao Taos. From your post it sounds like they’ve been reliable and/or straight forward to repair. If your kids are like mine, they can be tough on any machine 🤣. Cool family hobby 🙌.
Anyone else pretty into their Tao atv? Raptor fans?

Old 04-05-2020, 12:20 AM   #4

I just got a Raptor 200 myself a few weeks ago, with all the crap going out I haven't been able to ride it except some laps around the neighborhood. So far, love it, can't wait to get it on the trails. Mainly got it for my wife too so she can ride with me while I'm on my Apollo Dirt Bike. I also thought about the commander but the Raptor had a higher weight capacity, bigger racks, a digital display (lacking in commander), and seemed to have a bigger seat from pictures than commander. Liking the seat so far. I do like where the shifter is on the commander up near the handlebars, when I've had my daughter riding with me (3 years old) her legs get in the way of switching to reverse/forward, but has been a minor issue.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:07 AM   #5

Winch bumper and tow hitch ball mount, digital display. I will say the Raptor takes it up a notch. 💪

Old 04-08-2020, 07:35 PM   #6

My Raptor has been good to me. I was a little surprised at its ability to climb hills and it’s pulling ability. I dragged off some pretty good sized limbs with it last weekend and climbed a hill that I was a little worried about because I have to get some serious speed with my Coleman 200 ex mini bike to climb it. The hill also has a loose rock dirt surface (Missouri ozarks). I did build up speed but was able to climb it with someone riding on the back bringing total rider weight to 330lbs.
Ordered mine from Upzy.com—they had the best price including shipping and were good to me throughout the whole process.

Old 04-11-2020, 02:44 AM   #7

Convinced

I think y’all are right. I’m not sure their is a better constructed budget atv out there other than Raptor. Great features! Does anyone guess Tao Tao will release a Rex 200 🤔?

Old 04-11-2020, 03:07 PM   #8

I'm wondering when they update the Rhino with the features the Raptor has, or if they could put the Rhino motor in the Raptor after tweaking the frame a little.

Tags
apollo, best atv, reliable, tao tao