Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2017, 12:13 PM   #181

I ordered a new swing arm for my Hawk today! I don't know if it is state side or if it has to take the slow boat from China.
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 06-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #182

Bought the exhaust system and the Mikuni VM carb, now it comes the hardest part...

Old 06-14-2017, 03:53 PM   #183

A little 60 mile ride at the weekend, and commuting today. It's hot and humid at the moment, nearly 90F. Been drenched a few times...

Old 06-17-2017, 06:44 PM   #184

Took a ride out in sweltering humidity in search of some good back roads and some gravel roads I'd found on Google maps.

Had fun on light gravel but chickened out when the road was interrupted by a berm and a lot of mud and weeds the other side of it. If I was with someone I think I'd like to have a go at it some other time:

Old 06-17-2017, 06:49 PM   #185

Took the TT250 out in search of some back roads and a gravel road I'd found on Google Maps. It was very hot, I think the hottest weather I've been out in on the 'Zong.

The gravel was fun and actually no problem at all, but ended in a berm built up over k-bars blocking the way with a lot of mud and weeds the other side, so I chickened out. There's definitely a trail of sorts there - it is marked as a road on the map - and next time I'm out with someone I want to explore it further.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:16 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Okay, Found it. I need to go fill my shield gas bottle up and get busy. Nice job Chuck.
Hi there, does anyone here perhaps have a blueprint / technical drawing of a similar bash plate? I want to make my own one for my 200cc bike.

Any help is appreciated.

E

Old 06-30-2017, 05:34 AM   #187

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...te+suggestions

Old 07-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #188

I took the Hawk and the rest of the stable out for 6 hours of exercise Sunday in 92+ degree heat. The morning started off with a flat on the front so had to patch it before we left. We got to the spillway and started unloading the trailer. My wife undone one of the straps on the bike before I could tell her don't do it. Bike fell over on it's side and almost smacked her in the head. But that didn't ruin my day. Just a scuff mark on the exhaust. Nothing a little paint can't fix. lol It was a beautiful clears day with a nice breeze blowing even though it was hot. As we were taking off to hit the trails some guy was pulling up with a green Hawk. I had planned on talking to the guy when we got back but he had already left. The Ranger said he had just got the bike and had took it off the back of his truck. The ranger said he felt bad because he did have a helmet and couldn't let him ride. Anyway after 6 hours of 60+ miles of trail riding. On our last ride around the trails my wife had stopped asked me what was that on the ground? It was a bright shinny bolt. So I told my daughter to pick it up so no one runs over it. So riding back to the truck I could hear a rattle on the front of my bike. Turned out to be one of the bolts on the brake caliber had fell off. What's the chances of finding that bolt on all those trails (3 square miles) with 30+ ATV and dirt bike rolling over it? I had to pass through a few mud holes and almost bust my rear a few times. I did bury it one time in about a foot in one of the ruts the four wheelers left. It looked nice and dry until I hit it. I just stepped off to the side and she powered her way right out it. I literally had to bend over to grab the handle bars. Needless to say I had to take the pressure washer to all three when I got back. I had mud packed in ever place imaginable. I had to take the front sprocket guard off to clean out the mud that was packed in there. All in all we had a great trip. My daughter took a few pictures and videos that I'll get from her a post when I get a chance.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 07-10-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I took the Hawk and the rest of the stable out for 6 hours of exercise Sunday in 92+ degree heat. The morning started off with a flat on the front so had to patch it before we left. We got to the spillway and started unloading the trailer. My wife undone one of the straps on the bike before I could tell her don't do it. Bike fell over on it's side and almost smacked her in the head. But that didn't ruin my day. Just a scuff mark on the exhaust. Nothing a little paint can't fix. lol It was a beautiful clears day with a nice breeze blowing even though it was hot. As we were taking off to hit the trails some guy was pulling up with a green Hawk. I had planned on talking to the guy when we got back but he had already left. The Ranger said he had just got the bike and had took it off the back of his truck. The ranger said he felt bad because he did have a helmet and couldn't let him ride. Anyway after 6 hours of 60+ miles of trail riding. On our last ride around the trails my wife had stopped asked me what was that on the ground? It was a bright shinny bolt. So I told my daughter to pick it up so no one runs over it. So riding back to the truck I could hear a rattle on the front of my bike. Turned out to be one of the bolts on the brake caliber had fell off. What's the chances of finding that bolt on all those trails (3 square miles) with 30+ ATV and dirt bike rolling over it? I had to pass through a few mud holes and almost bust my rear a few times. I did bury it one time in about a foot in one of the ruts the four wheelers left. It looked nice and dry until I hit it. I just stepped off to the side and she powered her way right out it. I literally had to bend over to grab the handle bars. Needless to say I had to take the pressure washer to all three when I got back. I had mud packed in ever place imaginable. I had to take the front sprocket guard off to clean out the mud that was packed in there. All in all we had a great trip. My daughter took a few pictures and videos that I'll get from her a post when I get a chance.
Jerry, someone else on here reported his caliper bolts coming loose, even after they were locktighted. They were too small, by a small amount. He used a thread guage and went to the hardware store and bought the right size Allen screws. Put 'em in, and no more trouble....ARH

Last edited by Ariel Red Hunter; 07-10-2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: A miss spell

Old 07-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Jerry, someone else on here reported his caliper bolts coming loose, even after they were locktighted. They were too small, by a small amount. He used a thread guage and went to the hardware store and bought the right size Allen screws. Put 'em in, and no more trouble....ARH
I plan on replacing them and keeping the old ones for spare. I carry spare bolts and nuts with me but that's one I don't have in my tool pouch. I really need to put one of those burrito tubes on because the little store space I have under the seat is getting stuffed.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 07-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
Hi there, does anyone here perhaps have a blueprint / technical drawing of a similar bash plate? I want to make my own one for my 200cc bike.

Any help is appreciated.

E
The second one I built is made out of 1/4 inch aluminum plate and better looking.I will post some pictures and blueprint numbers for the first one I made the one you posted.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #192

Found an oil leak! looks like it is located underneath the starting motor

Old 07-10-2017, 04:25 PM   #193

Oops

Are you sure it's not just chain oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoguitars View Post
Found an oil leak! looks like it is located underneath the starting motor

Old 07-10-2017, 04:32 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Are you sure it's not just chain oil?
Nope, it is engine oil, weird thing is that it leaks just a few drops when cold starting and then a few minutes sitting after a ride

Old 07-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoguitars View Post
Nope, it is engine oil, weird thing is that it leaks just a few drops when cold starting and then a few minutes sitting after a ride
Sounds like it leaks when it's contracted (cold or cooling). If it doesn't leak when hot, probably a gasket surface expanding closed. Just a guess.
Pic?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350