Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2023, 09:49 AM   #1

Bd125 not starting after carb swap and emissions delete

Hi all,

Trying to get a bit of advice,
Just put a mikuni 26mm carb knockoff on the bike,, deleted the emissions such as closing off the egr pulling the air box that evap can under the seat as well as the lines connecting the egr to everything. I have the vent hose for the gas tank and the crank case filtered and ziptied up.

I've had it started twice since. Once just to test it before I closed off the egr, and the second time after everything was put backon. It seemed to be smoking a bit when I had it started little whispery white smoke from by the motor. Wasn't able to track it down right off. I'm wondering if it was running rich that's why I got the smoke? Hopefully othing internal went wrong.

I haven't been able to get it to start since.

I have spark I have fuel i have air

When I pull the filter and put my hand over the intake it sucks my and and I get fuel on my hand as well. I have the carb air fuel screw 1.5 turns out. Could the jets be the problem.

I'm definitely lost on this one. I almost want to put the old carb back on and see if I have the same issues.

The only 2 things I have not done is swapped out the battery for a new one this one is junk, came dead and needs a jump pack. Waiting on payday to get one. As well as it's the original spark plug.

Old 06-01-2023, 08:57 PM   #2

Why did you swap the carbs? Was the bike running bad? I would put the carb you took off back on and back off any other mods.Maybe the 26mm carb is too big for your 125cc engine. Did it come with the PZ19 ?

Old 06-02-2023, 10:14 AM   #3

A 125 thats otherwise stock will be a bear to get going on a VM26... i ran a vm26 on my 110cc pocket bike but that was ported head and race cam, even then it was a bear to start, because the large venturi didnt have enough airspeed down low to reliably draw fuel...

Old 06-02-2023, 11:41 AM   #4

Would have to agree. That's way too much carb for that engine. Good for a 350cc or so.

Old 06-02-2023, 02:12 PM   #5

Contact Pete at Kronik Racing. He is the defacto guru on the Boadiao/Boom engine and various bikes (he sells a bunch of the Grom-ish clones) and supplies parts for them. He goes to Boom's So. Cal. warehouse a few days a week so has, or can get, any parts for the BD bikes. https://www.kronikracing.com/boom-vader-125-10.html

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-03-2023, 10:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobade View Post
Would have to agree. That's way too much carb for that engine. Good for a 350cc or so.
If its the vm26 clone that is readily available for cheap, its not terribly oversized with supporting mods, remember that most of the 200cc bikes perform well with a 29-30mm carb, rhe vm26 clones are 26mm, not the same specs as a true VM26....

Old 06-04-2023, 08:48 AM   #7

What happened to the original poster? One post and done?

Old 06-04-2023, 06:03 PM   #8

He put the old carb back on.

Tags
bd 125, chineese motorbike, venom motorsports